Hardcore grinding and beds!

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Hardcore grinding and beds!

Post by FlowerChild »

Some of the dye recipes (Flowers in particular), already have mill recipes.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:Some of the dye recipes (Flowers in particular), already have mill recipes.
Ah cool. Those will go in too then. Also coming up: hardcore tools and armor!
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:I have a question for people. Of anyone actually using this mod (or strongly considering doing so) how would you feel if it had the potential for breaking some builds in exchange for adding new automation challenges. Specifically I'm thinking of redoing how paper is made such that there is not recipe for it and you need to grind the sugarcane into some kind of ground sugar cane product that then must be heated in a cauldron to dissolve the sugar and soften the fibers and then the fibers have to be put through some kind of mechanically powered rolling machine that outputs paper.
I love it!

Wait... Hardcore tools and armor?

Does that mean more fragile tools, or... smething worse?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Azdoine wrote: Wait... Hardcore tools and armor?

Does that mean more fragile tools, or... smething worse?
Fragile? Really? You underestimate me good sir... ;)

Let's just say you'll be very happy when you get your first stone pick...
PanzerDivisional

Post by PanzerDivisional »

I could see this mod really develope into a hardcore better than wolves add-on in so many ways with tools,recipes,farming and animals but im sure some features flowerchild will have as hardcore chickens and sheep are already in . i wonder if this might develope into a battle for features but i wouldn't try against the might of flowerchild and his update frenzy.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Why don´t rename it to "Hardcore f*cking everything!" with the next release?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

PanzerDivisional wrote: i wonder if this might develope into a battle for features but i wouldn't try against the might of flowerchild and his update frenzy.
Um... No. This is not a competition.

I might drop the hardcore moniker. I think it's confusing people. This mod is about integrating better than wolves into vanilla and eliminating factors that make the game too easy. The only reason flower hadn't done this is he has imposed restrictions on himself about editing too many base classes and nerfing vanilla functionality.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Bug Report!!

Could you put in a check for if your playing SMP?

Even thought the server doesn't have this mod installed. My recipes have been changed.

Yea, learned this after I starved to death.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

nmarshall23 wrote:Bug Report!!

Could you put in a check for if your playing SMP?

Even thought the server doesn't have this mod installed. My recipes have been changed.

Yea, learned this after I starved to death.
Even though the items don't show up in the result slot, they are still there. Try clicking on the "empty" result slot, you will get the items if you are using the normal recipes, since all that is handled on the server, which doesn't have the hardcore grinding mod. I know this because I've been playing SMP with this mod installed.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Six

Post by Six »

Sarudak wrote:Also coming up: hardcore tools and armor!
Interesting...
After reading another post I just got thinking about something like this, and how it might change the game up if Steve couldn't simply go and punch a tree for wood at the start of the game. Making you work for your tools, and only once you have those tools are you able to start taking over your environment so easily.
Coldrocker

Post by Coldrocker »

The functional obsolecence of many items in vMC astounds me. I have two suggestions kind sir.

1. I see you are doing hardcore armor. Now i assume this is to help alleviate the old 'straight to iron' mindset. If you havent already thought of it perhaps adding a negative speed modifier to the rate at which you sprint in iron/walk? I would also suggest add similar albeit less detrimental effects to the hunger meter much like the way soulforged steel works. This gives leather armor a purpose, armor for agility.

My second suggestion would probably require quite a bit more of coding. Really what it would be is Hardcore Inventory or commonly seen in rpgs as weight. Now you may say, how would adding an item weight system add to the game. For me, I remember a time when i was a lowly MC virgin, delving into caves searching for minerals and I had a great idea. 'I will build a minecart system down here with a chest and furnace so it can take everything back to my house while i mine'. Now we all know that it is really too much an effort to craft the track and material intensive to bother doing that these days. Just make a ladder. Well adding a weight system would create a larger emphasis on inventory management and transport of your materials eg waterflows, minecart track systems.

Anyways be cool to see what you come up with.

Cheers
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Just a quick update. My modding is currently on hold until i see what all fc is doing with vanilla and while i consider the direction i want to take ultimately. Most of the work for hardcore tools and armor is done but I'm not totally satisfied with the design yet so I'm not going to release it yet.