Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by sargunv »

A couple plugins I found interesting:

PorteCoulissante
Redstone powered portcullises.

Turnstile
Charge players to enter an area.

I couldn't find any automation related plugins, maybe I was looking in the wrong section.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Ah, I completely forgot about the chest thing. :) Yes, that will be implemented with a 1max radius (so you basically have to drop the stuff on the chest to be sucked in).

I will have a look into the PorteCoulissante tonight, and the Turnstile thing.

"Charge players to enter an area".
That would be kinda cool, if we can use that with our iConomy accounts, and that way hook it up to the railway system that is being made at the moment. Or possibly BinoAl's well-travelled portal :P

I like it! Nightshift started for me 12 minutes ago, so I will read up on them tonight :D
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FaceFoiled wrote:Ah, I completely forgot about the chest thing. :) Yes, that will be implemented with a 1max radius (so you basically have to drop the stuff on the chest to be sucked in).

I will have a look into the PorteCoulissante tonight, and the Turnstile thing.

"Charge players to enter an area".
That would be kinda cool, if we can use that with our iConomy accounts, and that way hook it up to the railway system that is being made at the moment. Or possibly BinoAl's well-travelled portal :P

I like it! Nightshift started for me 12 minutes ago, so I will read up on them tonight :D
Sweet, i can't wait for these :D Especially the hopper-chests, i have a mob trap thats been begging to be fully automatic :D
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

We are currently tracking issues with connecting to Minecraft. This is due to an issue with the authentication backend built into minecraft and out of our control.
Server down, will be up as soon as possible. :0
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Portcullis, Drawbridge, Turntable and Autocheststhingy <-- all up and running. :)

Ill update the initial post in this thread with details on how to use it later tonight. :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FaceFoiled wrote:Portcullis, Drawbridge, Turntable and Autocheststhingy <-- all up and running. :)

Ill update the initial post in this thread with details on how to use it later tonight. :)
Ooh, drawbridge? I thought you only added 3 ^.^ Time to check it out (after a healthy dose of my newly bought copy of portal 2)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Great, now I have to dig a moat around my wall for the drawbidge. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Question. When you eventually upgrade the server to new versions, will you reset it completelly, or could you save some constructions? I feel reluctant to keep building stuff knowing future versions of MC will require the world to be generated again and I would lose everything...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

jorgebonafe wrote:Question. When you eventually upgrade the server to new versions, will you reset it completelly, or could you save some constructions? I feel reluctant to keep building stuff knowing future versions of MC will require the world to be generated again and I would lose everything...
Save it! :) I dont know how it will go with the 1.9 conversion (the current world). But I think I will install the Multiverse plugin, and then have a new world using 1.9. Then I can easily (i think) move over buildings if need be. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yey! That sure eases my mind :P
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

I've been needing a new SMP server for awhile! Add me! Sky_Som
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Please ?
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Battosay wrote:Please ?
Pretty please with sugar on top. (I cannot believe you expect me to be polite on the internet. Lol)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Sky_Som wrote:
Pretty please with sugar on top. (I cannot believe you expect me to be polite on the internet. Lol)
Believe it! We like to think we have a good community here of solid and dependable folks here, who help one another and get along swimmingly. Part of that is being polite to one another. I don't see your chances as good for being added to the server whitelist.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

There's an unlocked chest with some sandstone in it at my desert. Who's is it? Rekablade and Katallian say it's not theirs.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

morvelaira wrote:
Sky_Som wrote:
Believe it! We like to think we have a good community here of solid and dependable folks here, who help one another and get along swimmingly. Part of that is being polite to one another. I don't see your chances as good for being added to the server whitelist.
It was just meant to be a joke. Hence the Lol.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Finally found a plugin that works like a block dispenser. Pistons push blocks into chests, and sticky pistons pull blocks out. Also works with furnaces and dispensers.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-p ... 060.25071/

Uses are limited without redstone clocks, but we can use it as a compact t-flip flop, and some other uses that I'm not creative enough to figure out.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

sargunster wrote:Finally found a plugin that works like a block dispenser. Pistons push blocks into chests, and sticky pistons pull blocks out. Also works with furnaces and dispensers.

Uses are limited without redstone clocks, but we can use it as a compact t-flip flop, and some other uses that I'm not creative enough to figure out.
I like this. It's a different system to solve than a block dispenser, and serves a lot of the same uses
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

A little bit late, but any chance i could join? Please;)?

EDIT: In game name is the same as here
TheAbyss90

Post by TheAbyss90 »

sargunster wrote:There's an unlocked chest with some sandstone in it at my desert. Who's is it? Rekablade and Katallian say it's not theirs.
Ah darn it. Sorry Sargun. That's mine. Totally forgot to run back and grab it. I can go back and grab it tommorow if thats not too much hassle for you. Otherwise you can do what you wish with it :3
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

sargunster wrote:Finally found a plugin that works like a block dispenser. Pistons push blocks into chests, and sticky pistons pull blocks out. Also works with furnaces and dispensers.

I am not quite sure what good this plugin would do to be honest, apart from inticing players to create/use redstone clocks (which could lag the server). Apart from automatically taking blocks out of furnaces, I don't really see a use (but that might be my limited imagination at this time of day :P). compact t-flipflops can already be made with piston, and pushing things into chests is not needed, as you can create a dropchest (/dc add 1) to automatically "gobble" the items that fall on it.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

the DynMap is down at the moment. I was cleaning up the permissions file, restarted the server and now it won't load anymore. >.< Won't be able to fix it until I get home and can FTP connect to it I'm afraid. Sorry :(

"We are now rolling out the latest Bukkit build (#1317) to all servers.

If you're running Bukkit on your server, simply restart it to pick up the update."

What would be why. :P
Let me know if any plugin's don't work after this update, so I can correct that when i get home as well (update them).
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FaceFoiled wrote:

I am not quite sure what good this plugin would do to be honest, apart from inticing players to create/use redstone clocks (which could lag the server). Apart from automatically taking blocks out of furnaces, I don't really see a use (but that might be my limited imagination at this time of day :P). compact t-flipflops can already be made with piston, and pushing things into chests is not needed, as you can create a dropchest (/dc add 1) to automatically "gobble" the items that fall on it.
The appeal of it is how we could turn blocks into items, essentially. Dropchest only picks up items, while this could grab blocks, making cobble generators and the like. I do get what your saying about the lag, though. It might be best to avoid automating things in smp, if using redstone clocks
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

Question about SMP in general. Since this is the only SMP I play I thought it wouldn't be to out of place.

How do mods installed into my .jar file affect an SMP map I play on?

I have OptiFine installed, and it does it's thing form. I assume without affecting anyone else. But I think I've logged on with BTW installed on accident, and played without issue (not actually trying to construct any BTW blocks). Would it matter if I logged on with vMC 1.7.3 or 1.9?

Side Note:
FaceFoiled, for the first time I looked at your avatar. I just realized it was a guy with underwear on his head.

Previously I had only glanced in my periphery, and thought it was a chick with long red hair and goggles on her head. Which I thought was weird.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I believe that if you try to make better then wolves items on an SMP server you just won't be able to craft them. I think they like flash on the crafting table and vanish.