What iron tool would you make first?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: What iron tool would you make first?

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...I think that people are actually debating this and have multiple preferences is pretty darn cool :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Could have sworn the fishing rates at night were nerfed compared to daylight hours. Need to go back and read that changelog.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Could have sworn the fishing rates at night were nerfed compared to daylight hours. Need to go back and read that changelog.
They are. *Except* on a full moon, at which point the skyrocket.
Mud

Post by Mud »

I generally play nomadically until I have enough for a hoe, at which point I continue until I find chickens near a water source and I start my first settlement. The idea of making a pick first seems risky to me as I wouldn't settle without being able to start a farm and dying with a pick and no settlement is essentially respawning fresh but with depleted resources from the start.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

The thing is, there is no issue with settling pre-hoe. In fact, I find it easier, as you have an established place to store things and work from, meaning you don't have to carry everything on you, and you don't have to throw down a new shelter every night. Food is pretty easy to get just from hunting until you can get a hoe.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!