"Flower Child"

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
darahalian

Re: "Flower Child"

Post by darahalian »

Wow, this thread has kind of gone off-topic! And it's all my fault too! Look what I started! XD Awesome!

But yeah, I saw Inception a while ago, and I don't remember all the details, but I agree it was a very cool and intrigueing concept, which is why I enjoyed the movie. I wasn't paying enough attention to the internal consistency for the problems FC mentioned to bother me, but it's nice to hear some grounded criticism on it.

And regardless of what I thought of the movie, when people started getting into all that search engine redundancy, it was kind of hard not to mention Inception. And I'm kind of glad I did, since we got to hear FlowerChild's take on it. That was pretty fun to read!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

darahalian wrote:Wow, this thread has kind of gone off-topic! And it's all my fault too! Look what I started! XD Awesome!
Isn't that what the Off-topic forums are for?
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Spoiler
Show
:D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Urian wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I'd love to see a real life war fought like that.

It would please me so to see 10 000 teens armed with desert eagles and M 4 and 16's. Get pounded by two guys with FAl's and colt 1911's.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Urian wrote:
Spoiler
Show
ROFL

Awesome
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Tragert

Post by Tragert »

13 and i can proudly say i have no idea what the hell my friends listen I happen to stay with classic rock more than anything though which to me is basically AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Black Sabbath :D, Boston, Buzzcocks, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Dead Kennedys, Elton John (not much though), Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Journey, Kiss, LED ZEPPELIN (can you guess why the caps ;) ), Pink Floyd, The Police, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Styx, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Toto, and The Who
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason. >:)
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

I'm ~14, and have absolutely no idea why "Battlecall: Field of Duty" has so much popularity. Honestly, you go back to full health in 2.4 seconds, just by stopping to catch your breath. Serious Sam/Doom is/are better, in my opinion.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I'm 22 and what is this necro even.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oi vey. You guys deal with this. I'm in a good mood :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Aww, I was so disappointed. I saw this thread and first thought, "OMG, somone's going to get banned for calling out FC directly."

Then I thought, "Vongard started this? My favorite boy to flog for his love of pretty unicorn horsies is back? Oh joy!"

As it stands, thought one may still stand for the most egregious necro I have ever seen on these forums. I know we sometimes call necro here on things that other folks don't see it as - but I don't think anyone can contest this one. I mean... seriously. This one was from the early days.
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

...my bad.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Horizon wrote:...my bad.
Wrong answer. In celebration of your record-holding necro, I just need to come up with a suitably festive ban-length.

Hmmm....
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I almost did this too when you someone mentioned your rant about inception and I looked it up. I think this was am honest mistake.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I almost did this too when you someone mentioned your rant about inception and I looked it up. I think this was am honest mistake.
I thought so too when I temp-banned him.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

May I suggest a day for every month's worth of necro? Seems fitting, no?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:May I suggest a day for every month's worth of necro? Seems fitting, no?
Nah, I already opted for 1 week given the ban-length menu is rather non-conducive to creative options, and "420" days seemed excessive :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I wonder how did he even find this thread......
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:I wonder how did he even find this thread......
That's a mystery to me as well, and part of the reason for the duration of the band. While I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, it's definitely a head-scratcher as to how he managed it to begin with.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That's easy!

Same way I found it.

morvelaira wrote:Inception abandoned it's own rules for the sake of a classical drama ending. They could have had an ending that made sense. The "good guys" wouldn't win then, and a majority of people wouldn't feel like they understood. So they broke immersion to make money and let people think they are smart.

As for FC's reasons, that's been discussed in depth already in the off-topic section. Go look it up.
From the micheal bay thread...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ah, this is the Inception thread? I didn't even realize where the hell we were :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Yep yep. The epic necro is all morv's fault... :P
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Oh come on, how could you blame that face?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Caboose wrote:Oh come on, how could you blame that face?
You can't. It's just that simple. I'm not the most adorable evil minion around here for nothing, folks.