Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Graphite

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Graphite »

Not really a build, but more an interesting combination of items that I thought looked pretty damn nifty. Anyone ever tried the barbwire fence? :D
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Graphite wrote:Not really a build, but more an interesting combination of items that I thought looked pretty damn nifty. Anyone ever tried the barbwire fence? :D
Hehe...that is neat. Which reminds me that I have an outstanding issue on my todo list to allow Stakes to stick to Axles, which should provide a bit more flexibility for this kinda thing.
SufficientAnonymity

Post by SufficientAnonymity »

Over in the Nether builds thread it was suggested that I put my vault system in here.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Over in the Nether builds thread it was suggested that I put my vault system in here.
That is absolutely amazing. As Batto said, what kept you from posting until now?!
SufficientAnonymity

Ozziie wrote:That is absolutely amazing. As Batto said, what kept you from posting until now?!
These things don't build themselves xD

More seriously, two days into term my venerable old HP dv6 threw a bigger wobbler than I'm used too and so whilst I've NOW got a lovely shiny new toy, I had a good month of being very glad I had SpiderOak and an external disk. Also, the small matter of my degree - this build rolls on as a stress-buster in the background so there are periods not much happens in.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Love The Vault!
Might you revel what the texture pack you are using is Sufficient?
SufficientAnonymity

HappyDyas wrote:what the texture pack you are using is Sufficient?
JohnSmith's, albeit pretty heavily altered.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Darn. Did you remake the textures yourself along with making the latest BTW items and blocks that haven't been added?
I am practically drooling over it!
-wipes mouth-
Its a shame I'm not going to be able to get a hold of it.
SufficientAnonymity

@HappyDyas

Bits of it are earlier textures from his pack that I've reworked. Bits are lifted from various other packs I've seen around. Some of the newer textures I've practically drawn myself, and then there are a few sections that I have no idea where they came from. Pretty sure there's a little bit of Glimmar's, Emperorr's, Inspiration and Conquest dotted through there somewhere. Generally, if I'm missing something I'll have a quick look around and then adopt and alter someone else's texture.

I really need to find a nice double resolution image for iron gollums. I can't find anything that fits well, don't particularly want to texture my own and yet the villagers in the town are having some sort of orgy and so there's gollums popping up left, right and centre (and it really jars on me).

If allowed I'll put it up it the add-ons section but the sheer number of artists who I'd (probably - this is relying on me working out what's from who as I've not had any real reason to keep track of things, it being a personal pack) have to acknowledge/check with is a bit daunting, and out of respect for them (they're a lot more talented than me) that's not something I'd skimp on.
Anamirian

Post by Anamirian »

@Sufficient Anonymity

I, at least, would very much appreciate it if you did release your texture pack, because it looks absolutely stunning.
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

@ SufficientAnonymity

I do understand the hassle of trying to track down the authors of the textures and ask them for their permission to let you distribute their work. However, if you would take this daunting task on yourself and do it, I would be forever grateful for you doing so.

I just want to reiterate how much passionate love I have for the pack as I see it. I have yet to find a cobblestone texture I truly love and yours hits home. I also cannot find the crisp clean HD textures that are for BTW.

Once again, unsure how else to entice you rather than begging and prais, I plead that you do this for the community.

(Maybe a little desperate, but desperation is the final option)
SufficientAnonymity

Ok. I'll look into it this weekend, but I'm not making any promises.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

here it is my fist ever Companion Cube
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Anamirian

Post by Anamirian »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Ok. I'll look into it this weekend, but I'm not making any promises.
Thank you :)
SufficientAnonymity

Right, regarding releasing the pack - a few textures have been cut as the artist makes it very clear over at MCF that they do not want it redistributed - I've just replaced them with the standard JohnSmith's ones as he seems to be happy about re-use provided there's no money being made. I need to message a few artists just to check (the skybox from Inspiration and the villager textures from Conquest are the major things dependent on this - I think everyone else is fine just with acknowledgement).
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

@ SufficientAnonymity

Thanks a bunches! Can't wait for your mix to be released :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Well, I finally decided upon the final design of my aqua duct tower to supply my Skycity with water, and this is the result. It's builds out of Screwpumps, axels, gearboxes, Sidings, Mouldings and Corners. No vanilla items. =D

It's a direct link, as it's a rather big picture. So opening it in a different tab/window might be easier on the eyes. :P
http://i.imgur.com/5gUvL.jpg
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

That is one of the best things I've seen made with the mod, that is actually a functional structure...
It's beautiful.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

FaceFoiled wrote:Well, I finally decided upon the final design of my aqua duct tower to supply my Skycity with water, and this is the result. It's builds out of Screwpumps, axels, gearboxes, Sidings, Mouldings and Corners. No vanilla items. =D
Holy crap man. That's bad ass :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Wow. Just wow. That is awesome!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
asjova

Post by asjova »

So yesterday I took a screenshot of the back of my base while I was on top of my current building project.
Spoiler
Show
You see that nice mossy cobble building there?
Spoiler
Show
Well, it's not so nice any more. This was my crucible building and just a moment ago I decided that I wanted to synthesize redstone. Only problem was that in my haste, I grabbed hellfire dust instead of concentrated hellfire. I watched the progress flame build in anticipation and was greeted with a giant explosion to the face!

This was my first ever explosion from this sort of thing and I was surprised that I wasn't angry or felt like rage quiting, I just laughed in an, "oh you" sort of way.

Welp time to get rebuilding.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Well, guys, this is a double first for me: My first ever (semi) automatic wheat farm, and my first ever complicated build that I've done without any help from other peoples' builds. I'm rather pleased with myself, even if it is small and not terribly efficient ...

From the front:
Spoiler
Show
From the top:
Spoiler
Show
The inner workings:
Spoiler
Show
A quick guide:
The tower it is built on is my water tower (complete with a gargoyle on the side, spewing water!).
The blue wool is just a water buffer. The yellow wool is a series of AND gates, leading to the red wool which is a pulse extender, leading to the grey wool which keeps the sticky piston closed (keeping the water out), which also leads to a monostable circuit on the purple wool. This leads to the orange wool which has repeaters on it, which in turn leads to the lime green wool which leads to the green wool which keep the BDs powered.

Simples!

Pros:
-Uses rather simple redstone wiring, just in big combinations.
-Looks pretty. Which is why I'm not gonna box it up!
-Would be easy enough to add fertilizer dispensers.

Cons:
-Not terribly efficient - looses some wheat/seeds. Could be improved by making the water flow longer.
-Requires manual loading of BDs with seeds.
-Will stop working when one BD runs out of seeds.
-Collection hoppers are surrounded, so you can't power them to move the drops elsewhere.

I'll probably try to improve it in the future, but not bad for a first attempt (well, second attempt. The weird shaped grass below it is 'cos I built it there first before I got my sheep in a range of colours, then transposed it up to its current level.)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
userzero

Post by userzero »

My main base in a new game. Most of it's underground.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

The mob trap with the chopping block is insane. Since it kills the mobs faster, they spawn faster, and the drop rate is about triple what it was. It nets a skull about every 40 seconds.
Spoiler
Show
here's a ton of skulls for what's going to be my enchanting room that came from the trap with the chopping block in about an hour.
Spoiler
Show
And a work in progress of some textures
Spoiler
Show
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Well, I've just completed the plans for the infernal library I'm going to be building for a server I frequent. I'm not perfectly satisfied, but I'm proud enough of it to show it off to you guys.

http://imgur.com/a/dcBAy#0
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
gomgc124

Post by gomgc124 »

Hello, this is my first BTW world, and i would like to share my windmill and huge wheat/hemp farm (I've made it all while in survival, but taken the picture in creative.
Spoiler
Show
Front view

Front view (windmill only)

Some other pics

Seen from above (Notice the overgrazing)