Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
erikdk321

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by erikdk321 »

That was made me lol :)
WeedFather

Post by WeedFather »

Possibly the only good thing that I can see that came with 1.7 that the game really needed was more interesting terrain generation, and from what I've read, they've botched that up some how as well.

Also, what ever happened to that modding API that they said they would make? You know! The thing that would allow for easier modding for people to add mods and crap to the game that they actually WANTED in their OWN copy of the game?
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I think they overkilled the interesting terrain man, before it was "WOW" when you found a steep cliff or a forested mountain, now its everywhere and makes everything look like a mess in my opinion.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

We should make a mod called "Better Than Chicken Jockies, it would be about what features could have been worked on instead of making this useless shit.
0player

Post by 0player »

I think chicken jockeys are a quite decent feature compared to others, being both the ultra-fast mob and the mob that ignores fall damage. They have a niche! And it continues with the Minecraft trend of ridiculous mounts.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

But still, jokes are fun and all, but i think this is a little too much, mostly because its just another of Dinnerbones attempts to make zombies harder.
Rob

Post by Rob »

As far as chicken jockeys go, they are probably one of the more interesting things Mojang has added since 1.5.2. Did you see how many zombies he had to spawn in that video before they even got just one jockey? It's a gag, just like the spider jockey. Nothing to be up in arms for.

I think we've all given up on Mojang and any decent content. Flowerchild has stopped updating past 1.5.2 anyway, so let the vMC crowd have their toys. This forced outrage every one feels they need to show with every snapshot is getting a little old. We all understand how we wanted minecraft to play out, that is why we have enjoyed BTW for so long. No need to create this atmosphere that BTW players are raging hipsters.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I know its a gag, but i still dont think it feels right, a gag that feels right is mooshrooms, they are awesome and somehow fit in the game, zombie riding a chicken doesnt feel right in my opinion :/
Rob

Post by Rob »

I don't know if I'd compare Mooshrooms and jockey spawns. One is an inhabitant of a specific island in your world gen. The other has a ~1/100th< chance of spawning in the world? Personally, I would have rather seen full sized zombies riding giant chickens, because Chocobo. Next, I want Pigmen riding Pigs in the nether.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If you don't like people complaining, don't read the thread man. Whining about what you view as people whining isn't constructive.
LupusExMachina

Post by LupusExMachina »

It just doesn't fit the thread title and original intention anymore.

It hasn't been a discussion for quiet a while. Instead, since you went to abandon vanilla updates, most you see here is rambling and ranting and not a discussion.

It would be nice to have a thread for that so this one actually includes what it is labelled as.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Look, the news is being discussed. 9 times out of ten, the new Mojang features suck pretty hard, so that's what winds up being discussed.

The odd occasion they do something cool, that inevitably gets mentioned as well. Don't blame the thread for the low quality of the features.
ion

Post by ion »

at first i saw it like chicken jockeys were a joke, now i saw the predumbrelease
facepalm
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

devak

Post by devak »

Although the chicken jockeys seem OP right now, i think they're pretty funny. so yea, finally a small feature to laugh about in stead of cry about.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

The chicken jokeys strike me as a quick little "feature" added in to placate everyone who doesn't care about Twitch.tv streaming integration (which is most people). Frankly the whole "baby zombie" design branch is just dumb, but it's there now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Honestly, I don't think it really matters. Just random bonus content unless they push it beyond that.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I think(as stupid as it is) it adds an interesting new aspect to mob spawning. I like the idea of having mobs each with various different advantages and disadvantages, and variety is awesome. (Personally, for a mob that runs really fast and doesn't take fall damage, I would have gone with something more exotic like a giant zombie chicken...someone should do this for an add-on by the way.)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I think giant chickens were the call sign of "Evil Minecraft" if that's still around. It's definitely been done.
Eramus_the_5th

Post by Eramus_the_5th »

Evil Minecraft had giant evil chickens, yeah. Evil Minecraft has been dead since 1.2.5; they made it open-source, but now you can't even access that, since it has been dead for so long.

Also, though not nearly as ridiculous or evil as Evil Minecraft's, the Cubed mod has large versions of all mobs. There are also a few other mods that add more variation to mob behavior or appearance. So yeah, been done before.

I am going to pray that Dinnerbone stays focused on stupid silly stuff instead of trying to add actual "features" or make big changes to the way things work. The changes from 1.6 to 1.7 were so bad that LexManos decided to work on making Forge easier to use instead of updating.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Yeah you are deffintley right, MC is better off Dinnerbone working on random jokes than things such as biomes, but I still cant help but think what he could've done if he was a good designer...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Eramus_the_5th wrote:The changes from 1.6 to 1.7 were so bad that LexManos decided to work on making Forge easier to use instead of updating.
Ouch. You know vMC has gotten bad when forge devs focus on ease of use rather than making things "proper."
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
RandomObj3ct

Post by RandomObj3ct »

dawnraider wrote:Ouch. You know vMC has gotten bad when forge devs focus on ease of use rather than making things "proper."
more of a reflection on the community, as a mod user, none of us care; highlands, extrabiomesXL and even "biomes 'o' too many to be enjoyable" all provide more/better biomes than what mojang have provided, mod developers are on a roll at the moment too with lots of new interesting stuff happening.

This survey(if you want to fill it out) produced some interesting results in the vanilla section, although obviously a bit biased to mod users something has clearly changed with the way people play vanilla.

almost everyone, despite playing mods used to have a vanilla world to go back to and build in, it seems from these results that they have become as disposable as a world with 100+ mods that needs to be replaced every update.

I laughed at the "What do you do a lot of first when you start a new game" which also of course means 'what are your priorities when playing" 73% (arguably more as some could have picked explore meaning "i like to find a nice spot before settling down") of players spend time taking advantage of the older content. the development of the game content wise has for ages appeared to reflect the opposite for some reason beyond my human comprehension.

I would love to see Mojang to promote something like this, would be many more participants.
Why not? Because it would have made sense!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Jeb wrote: "I've been playing a lot of survival mode lately. It has both revitalized my energy for Minecraft, and given me a bunch of gameplay ideas."
I wonder what he means by "gameplay ideas...
Last edited by erikdk321 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.