Unofficial Suggestions List

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Urian

Re: Un-Offical Suggestions List

Post by Urian »

Having the BD being able to use fertilizer has been suggested before (in the old thread at the mc forums) and rejected. I don't recall the reasons atm but I suspect it might have been that Flower doesn't like how bonemeal works as well as somehtibg to do with the BD placing items rather than using them.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

When we first met with FC, I showed him my reed and tree farms. He liked the idea of farming using BD, and added the possibility to use seeds, and bone meal. Then he realized that using bone meal was really overpowered, and removed it. Then he established the rule that the BD can't use items.
So no, not going to happen any time soon ;)
Xecaquan

Automatic Coal (nethercoal, any fuel) furnace loading

Post by Xecaquan »

Anyway that we could get coal (fuel) loading into the furnace to add in automating them? As of now when the hopper has a fuel it just loads them in to the top slot and stops production of glass/stone etc. Not sure how hard the coding would be for when the fuel slot is full the furnace would then not except more and then only except other blocks to process like sand or cobblestone.

Moved to the suggestions topic.
//Urian

Edit: Or reverse the coding so the hopper won't pass fuel if the fuel slot is full in the furnace. If there is the ability to even code that.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Flower already have some plan for advanced smelting, but it's not something Steeve can do now with his level of technology. We'll see that later ;)
bmccord

Post by bmccord »

I've already made this suggestion in a separate thread, but thought I would include it here just in case this unofficial suggestion list happens to morph into an official suggestion list.

My suggestion is to give the minecart tweaks the ability to be disabled through the configuration file. I have minecart stations that depend on the vanilla minecart speeds to function properly and being able to disable the tweaks in BTW would be fantastic.

Thanks
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

bmccord wrote:I've already made this suggestion in a separate thread, but thought I would include it here just in case this unofficial suggestion list happens to morph into an official suggestion list.

My suggestion is to give the minecart tweaks the ability to be disabled through the configuration file. I have minecart stations that depend on the vanilla minecart speeds to function properly and being able to disable the tweaks in BTW would be fantastic.

Thanks
FC already said no to this, but you can just not install the EntityMinecart class. In 1.7 that is yl.class, but it will change each new major MC version. (Dunno if you're the same person I told that to before.)

EDIT: You are. Oops.
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

Well, I had the idea of a Sailboat almost IMMEDIATELY after seeing sails. Basically, Its a powered boat, and, it wont break when you hit something at full speed.
I was thinking the recipe could go something like this:

[blank][Sail][blank]
[Redstone][Boat][Iron Ingot]
[Iron Ingot][Iron Ingot][Iron Ingot]

My thought was you could just hop int and the sail would pop up, and you could take off at full speed, allowing speedier water travel. You could also hit land at full speed, considering the iron mast/reinforcements. Also like the boat, you would be able to control direction with just the mouse.

Might be cool?
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

Brothulhu wrote:Well, I had the idea of a Sailboat almost IMMEDIATELY after seeing sails. Basically, Its a powered boat, and, it wont break when you hit something at full speed.

[blank][Sail][blank]

My thought was you could just hop int and the sail would pop up, and you could take off at full speed, allowing speedier water travel. You could also hit land at full speed, considering the iron mast/reinforcements. Also like the boat, you would be able to control direction with just the mouse.

Might be cool?
Sorry about that excessive use of commas. Pretty tired.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Brothulhu wrote:
Brothulhu wrote:Well, I had the idea of a Sailboat almost IMMEDIATELY after seeing sails. Basically, Its a powered boat, and, it wont break when you hit something at full speed.

[blank][Sail][blank]

Might be cool?
Sorry about that excessive use of commas. Pretty tired.
Commapocalypse. :D
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
AgentPaper

Post by AgentPaper »

[blank][Sail][blank]

Might be cool?
Interesting, but I'd say replace the redstone with a chest, then make it so you can store items in the boat as well. With the sail and all, it can move twice as fast, but it should still break if you hit something hard enough. Harder to break than a normal boat for sure, but not indestructible either.

Edit: Should probably work some rope into the recipe as well, maybe instead of some of the iron, or in the blank spots?

Edit: Edit: Another possibility would be to make it be constructed out of a bunch of moulding instead of a boat and a bunch of iron.
Last edited by AgentPaper on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmccord

Post by bmccord »

sargunster wrote:FC already said no to this, but you can just not install the EntityMinecart class. In 1.7 that is yl.class, but it will change each new major MC version. (Dunno if you're the same person I told that to before.)

EDIT: You are. Oops.
I got your message before, and it told me how to fix it, but it didn't say that FC had already said no to this. Maybe it was in another post that I missed.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

My Idea is Sharp Spikes.

Sharp Spikes damage a mob Based on how fast the Mod was going . ( Faster = More Damage Slower = Less ) . This means a Mob falling on them would most Definitely die form more than 4 meters .The Spikes would act like the cactus but they would be placible on Dirt ,Sand and gravel . They would not be placible on obsidian glass and Stone ( Because you cant hammer a Spike into solid rock ) Also the spikes would be able to be placed next to each other to form a Fence like bairer. Spikes would Break when pushed by a Piston or the block below it is broken.

( i think this is in steaves current tech level as to make them is way less complicated than a pulley / lift system ( NOTE: im not dissing the lift .they are very cool ))

The spikes would be made like this.

[sticks][sticks][sticks]
[sticks][sticks][sticks]
[sticks][sticks][sticks]

I made a Mock up it is in the Spoiler tags.
Spoiler
Show
Advantages over the saw

Douse not require Mechanical Power.
Could Be crafted on the first day for Quick defense.
Would be safer to work around .( got caught in my saw wall Nuff said )
Would not cut down trees By ancient.
Would be easier to set up. ( gear boxes are hard to work with when the saws are next to each other)
Last edited by BigShinyToys on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

AgentPaper wrote:

[blank][Sail][blank]

Might be cool?
Interesting, but I'd say replace the redstone with a chest, then make it so you can store items in the boat as well. With the sail and all, it can move twice as fast, but it should still break if you hit something hard enough. Harder to break than a normal boat for sure, but not indestructible either.

Edit: Should probably work some rope into the recipe as well, maybe instead of some of the iron, or in the blank spots?

Edit: Edit: Another possibility would be to make it be constructed out of a bunch of moulding instead of a boat and a bunch of iron.
Well the Idea for the iron is you're modifying your boat to be a better boat, giving it a bow and underside reinforcements. Also, if it breaks, it completely defeats the purpose of even building it in the first place, considering there's not going to be a brake. Molding... eh. I do like the chest idea though. You could travel across a large body of water, grab some wood from the other side while you regrow your forest at home, and slam that into your chest.

[Rope][Sail][blank]
[Chest][Boat][Iron Ingot]

Revised recipe.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

BigShinyToys wrote:My Idea is Sharp Spikes.
-snip-
This was a suggested on the MC forums a while ago, the idea was rejected and i think it had to do with being to hard to code/ the saw, cant quite remember though.

Anyway onto my suggestion i suggest wolves have some sort of mechanic like chickens, dung gets flung and has a set chance (1% maybe) to spawn a wolf as we all know they are made out of S**t. this would also solve the problem of some seeds not being wolf friendly as if you find one, with enough patience you can have your own little farm setup.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

BigShinyToys wrote:My Idea is Sharp Spikes.

Sharp Spikes damage a mob Based on how fast the Mod was going . ( Faster = More Damage Slower = Less ) . This means a Mob falling on them would most Definitely die form more than 4 meters .The Spikes would act like the cactus but they would be placible on Dirt ,Sand and gravel . They would not be placible on obsidian glass and Stone ( Because you cant hammer a Spike into solid rock ) Also the spikes would be able to be placed next to each other to form a Fence like bairer. Spikes would Break when pushed by a Piston or the block below it is broken.

( i think this is in steaves current tech level as to make them is way less complicated than a pulley / lift system ( NOTE: im not dissing the lift .they are very cool ))

The spikes would be made like this.

[sticks][sticks][sticks]
[sticks][sticks][sticks]

I made a Mock up it is in the Spoiler tags.
Spoiler
Show
Lol, uh... You should probably play some more.

That's the recipe for fences.
AgentPaper

Post by AgentPaper »

Brothulhu wrote:
AgentPaper wrote:Interesting, but I'd say replace the redstone with a chest, then make it so you can store items in the boat as well. With the sail and all, it can move twice as fast, but it should still break if you hit something hard enough. Harder to break than a normal boat for sure, but not indestructible either.

Well the Idea for the iron is you're modifying your boat to be a better boat, giving it a bow and underside reinforcements. Also, if it breaks, it completely defeats the purpose of even building it in the first place, considering there's not going to be a brake. Molding... eh. I do like the chest idea though. You could travel across a large body of water, grab some wood from the other side while you regrow your forest at home, and slam that into your chest.

[Rope][Sail][blank]

Revised recipe.
If it breaks, then that means you messed up and rammed it into the ground at full speed, or you were going down rapids and didn't quite steer right. Like I said, it should be harder to break the boat, since it's of superior construction, but it should still be possible, because otherwise there's no risk of losing it, and thus it's taken for granted.

And anyways, it's not like it's that big of a deal to replace it. 4 iron, some wood, and a bunch of hemp. Wood is plentiful, iron isn't too hard to find and 4 ingots isn't that much, and hemp is practically free once you've got a decent farm set up, automated or not. I'd be more worried about this being too much better than a normal boat as it is, rather than it not being worth building.
Vankras

Post by Vankras »

This one has been floating around in my head for awhile... (maybe to hard to code)

Title: Work Area Block (for lack of a better name, Scaffolding maybe?)
Use: is a block that designates an area above it that, once power is applied converts the contained blocks into useable entitys. (gravity effected)
Recipe: c = cobble/wood, r = redstone (or gear or stick)
Code:
[c][c][c]
[c][r][c]
[c][c][c]

Purpose: you can customize the look and function of everything in the game, except the moving objects... the block can be placed in any configuration and uses the outer limits of the joined blocks as the bounding box ie: a connected array of scaffolding denoting the outer bounds of the work area (so 10 blocks joined going 10 along the x.y.z makes a 10x10x10 bounding area in 3d space, then anything built in the bounding area can be converted into a usable entity once its triggered (by redstone or other power), each block has a few attributes attached to it, like durability, buoyancy and weight and power, the sum total of the blocks in the bounding zone make the final durability total. buoyancy and weight can be used to make simple calculations as to if it floats, sinks and how low it would sit in the water, adding a few special items to the mix could also greatly diversify the designs people would come up with, like a steering wheel would denote where steeve stands to control the vessel, wheels for land vehicles, mine cart wheels for running on rails, seats make Steeve sit on that spot, harness allows for connection to an animal to 'power' it, sail would also 'power' the device, other power sources could 'power' the item as new 'Ages' come into effect, the power could also be calculated to fairly easily by doing a power to weight ratio ie: cow can pull 10 wood blocks, 1 piece of sail could pull 10 wood blocks and so on.
So just imagine, you start out in the 'Age of Wood', atm your stuck basically paddling around in a hollowed out log in vM, but with this you can make anything from a log raft sailboat, to a yacht, to a pirate ship and beyond, or a train with the tracks or a cow wagon, the amount of things people would come up with are endless.
people would create workshops and dry docks to name but a few, and since it uses the materials at hand, allowing for the use of ages as a limiting factor as to what is achievable at that point in Steeves tech level.

(sry for the block of text, falling asleep...)
Holy Screaming Cakes Batman!!!
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Kind of a simple request here, and sorry if this has already been suggested, or is known to be in the worx:
I know there is an option for how blocks will face when placed (Towards, or Away from the player)
Perhaps we could get an in-game option to change that? Either a button, or option with-in the config.
I'm not really sure how many more files would need to be altered, and I know FC likes to stay away from that, as it reduces compatibility.
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

Brothulhu wrote:
AgentPaper wrote:Interesting, but I'd say replace the redstone with a chest, then make it so you can store items in the boat as well. With the sail and all, it can move twice as fast, but it should still break if you hit something hard enough. Harder to break than a normal boat for sure, but not indestructible either.

[Rope][Sail][blank]

Revised recipe.
If it breaks, then that means you messed up and rammed it into the ground at full speed, or you were going down rapids and didn't quite steer right. Like I said, it should be harder to break the boat, since it's of superior construction, but it should still be possible, because otherwise there's no risk of losing it, and thus it's taken for granted.

And anyways, it's not like it's that big of a deal to replace it. 4 iron, some wood, and a bunch of hemp. Wood is plentiful, iron isn't too hard to find and 4 ingots isn't that much, and hemp is practically free once you've got a decent farm set up, automated or not. I'd be more worried about this being too much better than a normal boat as it is, rather than it not being worth building.[/quote]

Perhaps from a large fall if they can code that. I still think its a huge nuisance to rebuild it and its not like creepers wouldn't be able to blow it up. I'm just trying to keep it simple.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

A FAN ( machenicaly powered )

the fan would Push items with a jet of air . it would not destroy any blocks it would be use full for pushing items into streams (the items that get stuck on the edge. ) would only push horozontly not verticly. possible recipy.
[AIR]......[STICKS]....[AIR]
[STICKS][GEARBOX][STICKS]
[AIR]......[STICKS]....[AIR]

The gearbox it to make it harder to make it could be replaced by a Wood block .

I dont know how hard it would be to make this work on the code. My bet is it would be verry hard as it should be abble to blow throuht hemp/ cane ( with out damaging It )
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

A small note on Flowerchild's Suggestion Policy:

That being said, I do like the Sailboat idea that was mentioned.

Also, I hope Flower mods Powered Minecarts so they'd be worth a darn, they're more like UnderPowered Minecarts right now. =[
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

ok a simple one then. i have some devices that would be simplifed by the adition of a Gear and a Chain . the gear would work exactly as a Axle but you would be able to conect it horozontly so the chain would conect the two gears that are right next to etcheor. hear is a pic that explanes how it would be used.
Spoiler
Show
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Triskelli wrote:A small note on Flowerchild's Suggestion Policy:

That being said, I do like the Sailboat idea that was mentioned.

Also, I hope Flower mods Powered Minecarts so they'd be worth a darn, they're more like UnderPowered Minecarts right now. =[

Steam powered Minecarts anyone?

Perhaps we'll be able to "bottle" steam and use it as a power source.
Shanaynay2u1

Re: Offical Suggestions List

Post by Shanaynay2u1 »

darahalian wrote:Here are a few suggestions/ideas that I've been thinking about for a little while:

Make a use for slimeballs, if you don't already have something planned for them. You've already managed to make uses for previously useless (or mostly useless) things such as glowstone dust, mossy cobblestone, and sugarcane, and I think you could do the same thing for the slimeballs. A use I hadn't thought of when I started this post could be being a part of what I'm describing in the next suggestion.

Grappling hook: I think someone suggested this on the original thread, but I also think it is a good idea. Basically, by crafting together an anchor and some rope, and possibly a slimeball, to make it stick, you can make a grappling hook of sorts, which can be thrown and attach to walls or ceilings. To make the crafting simple, the hook could require you to have previously made a coil of rope by crafting nine rope together, and use that coil in the crafting recipe. Or, for use with the 2x2 grid that you'll likely be using if you're on the go with a grappling hook, it could be four rope crafted together into small coils, four of which could be turned into a large coil. If the grappling hook successfully attaches, it will place an anchor where it hit, and the amount of rope it was crafted with will extend down from it, and any extra rope that hits the ground will turn into an item.
Rope, when used for climbing, is currently good for getting down a cliff or something, but this would make it also useful for getting up someplace quickly with out having to worry about needing a ton of ladders, or leaving pillars of dirt or cobble behind. If you wanted to get the grappling hook back, you would have to pull the rope in, re-harvest the anchor, and re-craft the hook with a new slimeball.
I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I think it would be a good idea.

I also have some suggestions about the current balance of some existing features.
Currently, you can get string by mill-stoning wool, and get fertilizer by contaminating the food in your cauldron with dung. String and bone-meal are things that you previously had to fight monsters for, and I think being able to get them this easily is a little unbalanced.

With this mod, you can obtain string and make what is currently the most powerful weapon in the vanilla game without having to fight any spiders, like you needed to before. Plus, putting some wool in a millstone doesn't seem like it would give you string anyway. Maybe instead you could make a spinning wheel to serve this purpose, or just remove the ability altogether, as there currently isn't much use for string.

You do have to kill a skeleton or two to get the bones needed to tame a wolf so you can get dung, but once you do, you don't need to fight any more of them to get the power of unlimited instant grow. (Unlimited since once you get a small wheat farm going, it is very easy to make donuts in large quantities, and turn them into Foul Food) Maybe to balance this out, you could give foul food a different use, or just decrease the chance of it successfully fertilizing something.

One other thing that seems slightly overpowered to me is the ability to filter gravel into flint and sand with a 100% success rate. If this is unbalanced, it is at least a bit more balanced than the previous two things, as it doesn't eliminate the need to fight a monster for a resource. It is definitely nice to be able to have an alternative way to get sand if you are nowhere near a desert, but you've said that a little challenge is a good thing. Also, I think flint is supposed to be a little tedious to get, since it is used to make arrows, the ammo for the bow, which is, as I already said, currently the most powerful weapon in vanilla minecraft. And it also does seem a little bit strange that you can get sand from gravel, as it is just a bunch smaller rocks and pebbles and stuff. Maybe if the chance that gravel was separated this way was greatly reduced, it might be a bit more balanced. I think that the way gravel works normally is good: not every pile of gravel has flint in it.

So, yeah. Sorry for such a wall of text, but I think these things would be improvements to the mod, though it is already quite awesome. ;)
I liked your Ideas,But String is made from cotton or wool 9or any other plant fiber almost) But a new tool/block would be a spinning wheel.Which you can use wool,hemp fibers and probaly other things to make string.That and customizable cloth clothing seems to interest me some how creativity in a creative game.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Hi guys,

One thing I was very surprised not to find in this mod was the idea that redstone circuits need mechanical power to work.

The idea I had to implement this was to have a new block called a generator. (if you don't want to add another new block to the game, it may be possible to replace redstone torches with it)

The generator takes a mechanical input and each of the other faces can take a redstone torch or powers redstone powder.

I would make it so that every circuit requires a generator in there to function, essentially removing the powering functions of switches, plates and buttons, they merely change the state of the circuit, like not gates.

This may completely screw up redstone circuitry however, and make simple door switches difficult and complex to make while keeping everything neat, but there may be better implementations to the general idea.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.