Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
The great randomo

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by The great randomo »

When the server is updated, could we band together to make a level 4 diamond pyramid ať spawn? We'll then get more rescources in total from ore blocks. I'll put in all the diamonds I have and any I get in the meantime (~10 blocks).
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I will update the server in a few hours, I am waiting for my plane at the moment.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Updated
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Hello fellow Edolasians!

Since beacons are now quite popular and therefore the main nether fort on Edolas is rather well frequented, magikeh and I were contemplating to give it a bit of a rework to make farming easier.
Because the spawning skeletons, slimes, ghasts and so on can be quite an annoyance while trying to build, we thought the easiest way would be to choose a date where 5 or more voluntary helpers can be only to deal with this in one fell swoop.

We would be happy to hear from anyone who's interested in taking part! :)
Ideas about how to redesign the nether fort and field reports about how the wither skeletons spawn works are greatly appreciated, too.
The great randomo

Time to release the groth? ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Updated to 4.54
Hogtooth

Post by Hogtooth »

Well i never did get a response FF? Or are you just the type of person who ignores new forum users? Not sure i deserve to just be ingored.

FF could you please respond to my last post.

Hog.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hogtooth wrote:Well i never did get a response FF? Or are you just the type of person who ignores new forum users? Not sure i deserve to just be ingored.

FF could you please respond to my last post.

Hog.
As a friend of FF for a while I can tell you right now that whitelist pestering is a good way to be ignored if he looks into your back round and you do not fit his requirements for a whitelist you will not be added, and repeatedly is not a good idea and might just get you a forum ban of some kind. As I am quite sure that FC will not appreciate you pestering people.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Minidobs

Post by Minidobs »

Sorry for my inactivity as of late, I've been having major PC problems, as a way of saying sorry (And given the need for beacons) I am going to begin work on a Wither Skele head farm at the Nether fortress ASAP, not sure how long it will take or how many resources I'll need but It should be started sometime in the near future (Depending on the design stage) :)

-Minidobs, Bringer of Ender XP and Iron from farms :P
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

it seems my internet upgrade did the trick i can get on quite reliably again, though i have no idea where i am :)

anyone got any gear or stuff i can borrow or have to get a start boost ? (ive forgotten where all my supply caches were)
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

lostone1993 wrote:it seems my internet upgrade did the trick i can get on quite reliably again, though i have no idea where i am :)

anyone got any gear or stuff i can borrow or have to get a start boost ? (ive forgotten where all my supply caches were)
Just give me or one of the others who are online a shout, when you're playing. I'm sure nearly everyone should have enough materials to give you a nice boost. :)
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

who fixed up my underwater house and took it over :), don't mind kinda curious is all :)
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Crafterfr33

Post by Crafterfr33 »

May I get acces to the server?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Crafterfr33 wrote:May I get acces to the server?
Well considering you have only 4 posts your chances are not overly high. To get access to the server though you must PM server operator FaceFoild (not even sure we are taking whitelist requests at the moment either)
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
The great randomo

Is there any chance hardcore player names could be turned off? Seeing as it isn't an anarchy server, there doesn't seem much point to having it on.
SuperCraften

Post by SuperCraften »

The great randomo wrote:Is there any chance hardcore player names could be turned off? Seeing as it isn't an anarchy server, there doesn't seem much point to having it on.
I think it is cool, makes you have to remember people's skins ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Crafterfr33 wrote:May I get acces to the server?
No, at least, not now.
Prof_Ion wrote:To get access to the server though you must PM server operator FaceFoiled (not even sure we are taking whitelist requests at the moment either)
To request access you can poke here, PM, or use the whitelist request form on my website. Anything works to be honest. Right now (like, now now), I am not accepting "new" forum members. I am going to change this within the coming 2 weeks though, to try and get the server active again. Stay tuned!
The great randomo wrote:Is there any chance hardcore player names could be turned off? Seeing as it isn't an anarchy server, there doesn't seem much point to having it on.
Sure. I initially changed it, as it was fun to work out peoples skins and stalk folk. ^_^ I do understand the request though, I'll turn it back on after the update tonight. (in roughly 4.5 hours).
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Urr. I kinda forgot to update the server. :D Sorry all, I promise I will do so tonight, first thing when I get in.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And updated. :)
The great randomo

Face, is there any way you can set up regular automatic server restarts? As it is at the moment, every couple of days Edolas lags to hell, making it grinding to play :/
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I'll work on something. :)
The great randomo

Thank you! ^^
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

It would seem that the server has been having trouble keeping its tick constant. as in when a few people have been playing for a while (which is happening more and more often) the server's tick slows down considerably. The proof of this is that the machines are slow (the turntables literally slow down) So the fix that we have been trying is to log off for 5 min then log back in. It only works some times. We (whisp, lostone and I) have all agreed that we think its reasonable (and if possible) that the server be regularly restarted every 6 hrs. Thanks for all your time and effort FF, much appreciated! :D

;TLDR: Can the server be restarted every 6 hrs plz! :D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sure, done. I've gone through the logs, but there was no real increase of memory usage, at least not something that could have caused lags or something.
I've set it to restart every 6 hours, but please do know that for whatever reason it does not give an ingame message prior to the restart. At least, it used to not do that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'd be surprised if the restarts helps if there's no increased mem usage. I suspect what has happened is more that people just have so many builds going on that the server is starting to chug when lots of them are loaded (like when more players are online). What it sounds like to me is that there are just a huge number of block updates happening, as one would expect if you have a ton of redstone devices and such going.

Anyways, I'll be following the outcome of this closely to see if there's anything I can do to help.