New Release! (BTW V3.90)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.90)

Post by FlowerChild »

Haidaes wrote: Not really, the way it works the next 2 builds would just be called 3.100 and 3.110. While its annoying for sorting purposes because alphabetical order does not apply here everything after a dot is its own decimal counter with as many places as you want them to be.
EXCEPT, my usual numbering scheme involves bumping the version by .10 every time I release a significant new feature.

It always makes things tense (and entertaining) when it's nearing an integer value ;)
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Well, all the numbers so far could technically be interpreted as hexadecimal without messing up the sort order, so 3.A0 could still be a valid version number ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Graphite wrote:Well, all the numbers so far could technically be interpreted as hexadecimal without messing up the sort order, so 3.A0 could still be a valid version number ;)
Lol! SOLD!!!! :)
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Dude, you impress the shit out of me with every new update, and I haven't even been around here that long. Expect a drink or two on me when my check comes in tomorrow - I'm absolutely loving the stuff from the last few updates and eagerly awaiting the rest of the phases, in whichever order they come ;)

Thanks so much for your hard work, dedication, and decision to apply your talent to Minecraft. I had pretty much canned the game until my brother showed me a few videos on your mod, and my enthusiasm for MC and BTW has increased repeatedly since then. Keep up the good work, man.
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

FlowerChild wrote:
Graphite wrote:Well, all the numbers so far could technically be interpreted as hexadecimal without messing up the sort order, so 3.A0 could still be a valid version number ;)
Lol! SOLD!!!! :)
Well, six more major updates until the epic Phase 1 4.0 release...
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Unless he goes from hexadecimal to alphanumerical :p
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
XephodHuntmaster

Post by XephodHuntmaster »

hmmmmm....
so ive been doing some experiments with the nether growth spores and unlike what other people were saying about the nether growth taking a long time to fully grow and spread, i got a huge patch of nether growth with about 25% of it fully grown from one spore in a couple of minutes. what im thinking is the speed at which the nether growth grows and spreads is affected by how close it is to your nether portal. it would be good if someone could confirm this. also ive figured out that the fully grown spores do one heart of damage for every second of contact and deal another half heart in falling damage.

Xephod
Psion

Post by Psion »

Actually, the fall damage seems variable. the first time you tend to get flung up 4 blocks high, but i've seen pigmen get repeatedly bounced up to where they were smashing against the ceiling a dozon blocks above, lol.