[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
morvelaira

Re: [4.30] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by morvelaira »

It seems my time away is over. Just double checking that I'm welcome back here if I so choose?
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jadedcat

Re: [4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

Post by jadedcat »

Yes morv you would be welcome back. However I am going to go ahead and take the server down. Its has become way too much of a hassle dealing with various technical issues that have nothing to do with BTW. Its way too much effort for only a few players. I would love to keep it open but I just can't justify the effort for the output.

Its been fun guys.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

jadedcat wrote:Its been fun guys.
It has indeed despite the fact I couldn't play much as of late. Thanks for hosting the server, just shows that this community is not just supporting a great mod but are indeed themselves great people so yeah thank you to all you guys on the server too. If I'm right in reading that you're ill I do hope you return to full health soon.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

jadedcat wrote:Yes morv you would be welcome back. However I am going to go ahead and take the server down. Its has become way too much of a hassle dealing with various technical issues that have nothing to do with BTW. Its way too much effort for only a few players. I would love to keep it open but I just can't justify the effort for the output.

Its been fun guys.
Oh. Well... timing. It sucks. *sigh*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

And now, a fond farewell to what has been the nicest and most cooperative collection of people out to kill me that I have ever had the pleasure of hiding in terror from.

Requiescat in pace et in amore.

That said, and seeing as it's unlikely that someone else will be picking up the map, would it be possible to download it or in some means acquire screenshots?

I had been working a large scale project on the server which I had been planning to show off if I had managed to complete it without being discovered but, seeing as the server has gone offline, It might as well be shown off in it's quarter complete state assuming that is possible.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

The Phoenixian wrote:And now, a fond farewell to what has been the nicest and most cooperative collection of people out to kill me that I have ever had the pleasure of hiding in terror from.

Requiescat in pace et in amore.

That said, and seeing as it's unlikely that someone else will be picking up the map, would it be possible to download it or in some means acquire screenshots?

I had been working a large scale project on the server which I had been planning to show off if I had managed to complete it without being discovered but, seeing as the server has gone offline, It might as well be shown off in it's quarter complete state assuming that is possible.
well I can zip up all the world files and post them to drop box if people want them. I don't know how well they would translate as a save game.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

Thank you for providing this server, Jade. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting to know the other players. :)
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Thanks for hosting the server, Jaded, It was a blast :)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Aye, thank you for the the time you spent hosting the server jade. I will surely miss playing on it and playing with the BTW community. Many fun hours were had at playing and chatting. It was my drug, and now I shall begin my withdrawls. Hopefully they shall not be too severe. :(

I pray you recover from you illness quickly.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Six

Post by Six »

Yeah, thanks for the fun times jade. Sorry I wasn't on more, but it was fun while it lasted.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Thanks jade, for providing a server to play on for most of the forum's population.
It was great, and you were a good admin. I hope to see you doing more stuff in the future :)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks jadedcat, it was the most fun I've had in minecraft in a long time.

Edit: I'm kinda tempted to have a go at running my own server. Do you have any advice on which provider to use, server specs ect? Thanks
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

My sympathies jaded. I understand how difficult it can be to keep a server up. I just want to say thanks for doing all this for the community and giving some of my old players a place to play for a while!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Thanks very much for running the server Jadedcat, it was fun while it lasted! Hope you feel better soon.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

I wasn't there for very long, but it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for that and get well soon.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Aww man... thanks for the fun anyway Jade. It was a blast while it lasted.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Ah well. Good stories of good times remain. I shall always be proud of my contribution to this server.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Thanks for taking the time to host a server, Jade. I know I enjoyed my time on it.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

It's a shame to see it go, hopefully we can find a new place to stalk and maraud one another. Thanks for the time that it lasted Jadedcat, I had a hell of a good time on this server :)
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking