[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Battosay

Re: [4.22] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by Battosay »

Server down ?
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Battosay wrote:Server down ?

Thats odd. It doesn't give me a reason it went down but its back up now. Sorry about that.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Wow, you're fast !
Thank you darling :)
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Battosay wrote:Wow, you're fast !
Thank you darling :)

No problem. As long as I am up I do try and keep the server running smooth.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

My respect to the server you have build,
Strictly rules and good morale.
I am little sad that I haven't the time to play in there.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Not to pester, but it seems the server is down again, and has often been lately. Is everything going well with the technical side of things?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Splee999 wrote:Not to pester, but it seems the server is down again, and has often been lately. Is everything going well with the technical side of things?
I've been playing from about that time until now, no problem...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jadedcat

Re: [4.30] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by jadedcat »

Server is updated to 4.30

I took it down for about 3 mins to update ;p other then that its been up and steady. I have shown no drops aside from the one the other night Splee.
FlowerChild wrote:
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks for the update jadedcat. Whats the server policy on death by glitches? I just logged on and fell straight through the map.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

shifty wrote:Thanks for the update jadedcat. Whats the server policy on death by glitches? I just logged on and fell straight through the map.

Honestly I am not sure. Normally I would say to give me a reasonable list of items and I would replace them. But I am not really in a trusting mood right now. How much did you lose?
FlowerChild wrote:
shifty

Post by shifty »

jadedcat wrote:
shifty wrote:Thanks for the update jadedcat. Whats the server policy on death by glitches? I just logged on and fell straight through the map.

Honestly I am not sure. Normally I would say to give me a reasonable list of items and I would replace them. But I am not really in a trusting mood right now. How much did you lose?
The things I cared about losing were a battle axe, mattock, plate helm, chest plate, plate boots x 2, diamond leggings with fire protection. I posted straight after it happened and was (understandably) pissed off, but having played since then I'm not going to ask that they be returned. Although I haven't yet replaced all those items I am at a point the tech tree were it wont take me too long to make new ones. If, on the other hand, I had just made then lost my first windmill that would be a different story.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Hello Jadedcat, if you still accept additional members for the server, I'll like to join in.

IGN: Logorouge

Thank you.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damn, I don't know if I'll be able to kill you if you join dear :)
Glad to have you on board ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, I definitely won't have an issue with it :)
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Thanks guys. I just have to update my extra old jar and I'll be ready to go. :)
(Oh god, I'm so outdated!)
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

logorouge wrote:Hello Jadedcat, if you still accept additional members for the server, I'll like to join in.

IGN: Logorouge

Thank you.

Added... and good luck.
FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I was playing a few minutes ago and then got disconnected. When I logged back in I fell through the void and lost everything. (full iron armor, 1 and a half stack of axles, 28 gearboxes, 1 stack of coal, mattock and battle axe, 32 cooked steaks). Is it possible to get it back for me? I just started playing a week ago, and I didn't get so far. I wouldn't ask if it wouldn't set me back quite a bit, specially the tools and gear boxes, axles...
shifty

Post by shifty »

I'm finding the sever very slow, blocks will pop out of existence a few seconds after I mine them. I have tried reconnecting as well as restarting my client. Anyone else having issues?
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Went through the nether, got there: i see my gui as well as the pick i had in hand before going though the portal, but everything else is black. Then i got kicked out by the server, & now it says "Can't reach server" in the minecraft multiplayer menu :(
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

I will see if I can find the problem. You 3 make reasonable lists and I will replace the items on the lists.
FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Server seems to crash for a few minutes as soon as someone gets into the nether. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite frequently... It also happened with acc1627 and Batto.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Jade, if you're running into problems, I'd suggest turning off the reliable block updates in the config file.

I'm likely going to make that the default for the next release, as it seems to alleviate a lot of problems. I'll dig further into why this is happening later, but for now, it may make an excellent workaround.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Yeah, I've had the same problem with falling into the void. However, I've never lost items doing that, nor have I ever died. I just kind of fall in a black particle-ly zone until I relog. (Sometimes it takes a few tries before I stop falling.) However, I don't think it's the fault of Jade's server, because I've had the exact same bug happen to me on Lifewater's server.

By the way, I'm not trying to deny the other posts that say they've lost items. I'm just describing my experience with the bug to see if it can help to narrow down the problem.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I suspect the falling through world things is a vanilla bug. I've run into it coming back from the nether and entering a portion of the overworld that hasn't been previously generated, even in SSP.

I think what happens is that if for whatever reason the server takes too long to provide the client with terrain info, it just updates the player position (which the client is almost solely responsible for) as if there's no terrain there at all, which can lead to you falling into the void and dying if it goes on long enough.

Let's keep our fingers crossed it's resolved in 1.4.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

It seems to be functioning ok right now. I really hope it stays stabalised. At this point if I keep having to troubleshoot I may just give up on hosting a server. We'll see how I feel when the fever and coughing are over though ;p
FlowerChild wrote: