DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.31] [Mature] [Military Minded]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Londubh

Re: DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.22] [Mature] [Military Min

Post by Londubh »

Due to some minor technical difficulties, DotS: Kingdoms will be offline for a while. We hope that the problem will be remedied quickly, and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

And we're back. Thank you for your patience.

On behalf of The Management,
Lon
PrivateAlpha

Post by PrivateAlpha »

• Have you READ everything before this?
- Yes, I have.

• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
- I have spent around 15-20 minutes looking around the Kingdom

• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
- South Africa

• How old are you?

• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
- N/A

• What gender do you wish to be know by?
- Male

• What is your Minecraft Username?
- PrivateAlpha

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
- Discovery Freelancer

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
- Builder

• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
- As often as I can.

• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
- I do not currently have any fixed schedule.

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
- I enjoy building Minecraft mega-builds along with others, and will gladly help anyone with theirs if they would like help.
Last edited by PrivateAlpha on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperCraften

Post by SuperCraften »

(Not sure if you got my application before so I am reposting!)

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes, and it is all understood.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? If you mean on the server, no time since you have locked all guests in a room due to stealing.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? United Kingdom
• How old are you? 15
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? Well JadedCat could vouch for me, I have often been on her server talking, also Ribky and I played together on there.
• What gender do you wish to be known by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? SuperCraften
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Well recently I have been playing FTL. Also some DayZ and LoL (but rarely)
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder mostly, but also automation with Redstone and things similar
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Probably most days after school for about 2-3 hours, but may be subject to change depending on homework etc. More time during the weekends
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Weekdays, 6-9PM GMT. Weekends any amount of time during the day, dependant on Hockey matches/training
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Because I love to interact with others and really just have a good chat and get to know others who may be from completely different parts of the world, plus BTW is pretty good too!
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? Big PvPvE areas with puzzles and refreshing chests, this was on my previous server, Abeocraft.
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Well, I am a member of my school's Combined Cadet Force (specifically the Navy Section) but no real service.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Yes I would vouch for SuperCraften. Responsible player that knows BTW pretty well.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

Just wanted to let people know that I (IGN: Skweekchan) will be camping this weekend and not back until Sunday evening. Don't raze my quaint hovel and nifty tower, please!
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes

• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Around 50 minutes with MiC17, with londubh online.

• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Wales, United Kingdom

• How old are you? 22

• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A

• What gender do you wish to be know by? Female

• What is your Minecraft Username? Razzle1990

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? None really

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? A toss up between a helper or Sheep farmer

• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? A few times a week, depending on my how much work I have.

• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I tend to play in the evenings from 7-11(GMT) and any time during the weekends, but sometimes I can play very late into the morning.

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I love playing minecraft and enjoy helping people, and while I may not be the most creative builder I am good at following instructions for helping people with their builds or looking after their automation, moving things from outputs to chests, putting kibble for the dogs and sheering their sheep :)

• If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? I am not in the military but my husband is an Engineer in the Air Force if that counts

Edited: Spelling Mistakes
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Mark is Doc's Squire now.

Razzle, I look forward to seeing you in game soon. My schedule is very odd this week Razzle, so if you can PM me when you're on next, and we'll get you an interview.

Jade? I haven't been around much? Have you been on lately? Good to hear from you.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Incomitatum wrote:Mark is Doc's Squire now.

Razzle, I look forward to seeing you in game soon. My schedule is very odd this week Razzle, so if you can PM me when you're on next, and we'll get you an interview.

Jade? I haven't been around much? Have you been on lately? Good to hear from you.
I have been fighting a nasty head cld. Really weird sleep cycle. I have been on just ussually in the wee small hours of the morning or night. Hard to stay alive when you keep sneezing...lol
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

There's a severe lack of screens in this thread. Lemme fix that for ya, at least from my end.
Welcome to the swamp! Featured prominently is the William Jefferson Clinton Memorial. Thanks for the whitestone Flower.
Spoiler
Show
Why yes, that is a mooshroom farm. Kind of dilapidated at the moment, but breeding is taking a backseat to faster better innovations.
Spoiler
Show
Here we have my off-ramp from the kingdom highway. Kind of gaudy-ornate, just like us swamp folk like.
Spoiler
Show
My crowning accomplishment, getting to SFS on my own! The anvil holds a special place in my home.
Spoiler
Show
And it all came from this simple set up!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

I have read it all several times.
I believe it was close to an hour.
I am from Victora in Australia
• How old are you?
I am 23 years old.
N/A
male
Dark_Tundra
Dwarf Fortress, Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
Builder/Digger
most likely daily (or most days) for several hours each day
my schedule is rather empty, I most often play between 12pm UTC and 5pm UTC (10pm to 3am local time)
I like to think of myself as a polite person; and I usually share my resources freely, which seems to suit this server well.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Updated to 4.30.

Also, since Mark has only 11 more days to play, I have decided to activate him. He now has Player status. He will NOT be registering colors, nor making a huge build, only to have it nuked when he is gone more than 2 weeks (since his is going off to BASIC for 6 months).

He does, however, have the full gamut of other Player abilities and privileges.

Lastly, the rumor board has been updated.
DocHussey

Re: DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.30] [Mature] [Military Min

Post by DocHussey »

[strike]It would seem that the server is taking a well needed rest. Hopefully it will be back online soon.[/strike]

Aside: Other servers keep dropping like flies, hope you're not going to do that Incom :P.

Annd we're back
Last edited by DocHussey on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Sorry I was away when this happend. It's back up now.
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

DocHussey wrote:
Aside: Other servers keep dropping like flies, hope you're not going to do that Incom :P.
I've got great faith in Incom to keep Dogs of the State alive and well.

I think our problem is more likely to be... does this mod have a future?

Sure don't want to have to start over again... again.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

danw3st wrote:I think our problem is more likely to be... does this mod have a future?
I think you have a much more immediate problem to deal with.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

I have no doubt that FC will keep pouring his heart and soul into this. So yes, this mod has a future.

I can't speak to why other servers might be shutterd.

We'll stay around as long as BTW is a thing, continues to update, and you fine folks keep donating to keep the lights on.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

danw3st wrote:I think our problem is more likely to be... does this mod have a future?
Ok, going over your post history, it appears you are important to the operation of this server.

Out of respect to Incom, given he's been extremely polite and respectful in the past, I'll ignore for a moment how rude and insulting the above question is for someone that has spent a year and a half on a project, and continues to pour an extreme amount of energy into it, providing the result of those labors to players free of charge.

As a result, I'll lift your ban for a moment, to at least give you the chance to explain the above, and why you'd even ask such a question.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Yes, several times, although I guess I was a little too tired and missed a pertinent piece of information.
Got to the maze and fell through while looking at it. Again, missed an important piece of information.
California
• How old are you?
Not applicable
Male
Euphanized09
League of Legends, several Elder Scrolls games, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and the sequel, a few strategy games(none of them keep my interest for a long time, but I like the genre), and some Dwarf Fortress when time allows.
Builder with a focus on BTW mechanisms, and occasionally digger
Four days a week, mostly likely
It varies because of my class schedule, but weekday mornings and weekend afternoons are my most free times that I play in.
I'm very interested in community based play. I dislike single player, and I love mega-builds with other people and being part of a community, especially a mature one.
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
A friendly and mature community cooperating on one larger base, but that seems to be the point of this server, so it's a moot point.
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?
No history of personal service, but I have several friends in the military, and I have great respect for them.

I apologize for missing the hint in the OP. Like I said before, I was tired(although that's really no excuse), and it slipped past me until after it mattered, despite my attempts to avoid that mistake.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Thank you FC.

I think dan's big worry is, that we've seen other creators put time, and love, and energy, into a thing and just, at some point, walk away.

Which, if you EVER do, will be your right, and, we'll have to find something else to entertain us.

I am NOT sure, however, what has happened recently, to make dan think that MIGHT be something you'll do soon.

Thanks for coming in here and engaging us.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Incomitatum wrote:Thank you FC.

I think dan's big worry is, that we've seen other creators put time, and love, and energy, into a thing and just, at some point, walk away.

Which, if you EVER do, will be your right, and, we'll have to find something else to entertain us.

I am NOT sure, however, what has happened recently, to make dan think that MIGHT be something you'll do soon.

Thanks for coming in here and engaging us.
Yup, I can certainly understand such a general concern about relying on *any* mod, however, his comment seemed to be much more directed.

I hope you can understand how frustrating that is given the rate at which I pump out new content, and given that I've probably already sunk in the neighborhood of 40 hours of work into the 1.4 update I'm in the midst of right now. It really is a labor of love for me, so questions of that kind tend to get a hearty "wtf?" response from me at any time, and even more so given the current circumstances.

And actually, I apologize for disrupting your thread like this. I just pop in now and again to all the server threads to get a feel for how things are going in general, and to get an impression of whether there are any technical problems I need to address. This time, the "wtf?" resulted :)
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Thank you again, and no I don't consider it a disruption.

There is rampant speculation shuddering throughout the community, and I don't have the facts so I try to discourage rumors. If you would like to discuss this, please feel free to PM me.

We are dealing with it in a mature manner on my own server, as best we can.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

We are NOW all engaging in a MASSIVE project.

Phanta and Mic are coordinating. Please meet at the turnout on the North road. The prototype for the layout of the new border fence can be seen there. Please do what you can to help, as this should be our new priority.

Many hands make light work.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Oh boy, here we go! I didn't think phanta would actually go for that idea! SCORE!
phantagor

Post by phantagor »

DocHussey wrote:Oh boy, here we go! I didn't think phanta would actually go for that idea! SCORE!
And why is that so?^^

I thought that only MiC17 and i were thinking about this..hence we were doing prototypes etc :)
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some shit."
- Ian Fleming
Logan074

Post by Logan074 »

Registration is now re-opened it seems. I had to re-do my user name as my original one is wiped somehow. The administration emailed me just now, they are looking for it but no luck so far. So I will be Logan074 for now.

Eclipse
Eclipse
I'd call you a genius, except I'm in the room.