[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
CycloneSP

Re: [4.21] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey all! Just wanted to post a pic of one of my most recent accomplishments. It is my saw room. As it is, I have my base sectioned off into small 5x5 rooms all connected by a series of corridors.
Spoiler
Show
The door leads to the 8-clock and mechanical power structures powering the saws and gearboxes. There is a hopper below the door. This is by far my most developed room in my base.(or is it?) ;)

Soooo... yeah, just wanted to show off a bit.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Nice! What is the 8-clock connected to? Also, guessing this isn't the case (because the redstone would be a nightmare :p) but I imagined a series of 5x5 rooms with boobytraps, lockdowns, etc, a la Cube xD
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Haha, if my base was a maze of 5x5 rooms that would be pretty cool, but hard to fit any kind of machine for lack of space.

and the 8-clock is what turns the BD's on and off. Allowing them to place the wood to be sawed in a nice fluid manner. It isn't super high tech, so it will continue to oscillate even when there is no work to do, but that is of no concern to me, as my steve loves the whir and tick and various over sounds of machinery running.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, I'm not sure that posting small builds like this is really appropriate for a server thread. If everyone did that the thread would rapidly devolve into chaos.

Cyclone: that's one of the most basic automation builds in BTW. It really didn't warrant posting to begin with, and if it did, it would probably have been much more appropriate elsewhere.
hordekips

Post by hordekips »

can i get whitelisted?

IGN: hordekips
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

hordekips wrote:can i get whitelisted?

IGN: hordekips
No.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote: No.
Hehe...yeah, I can see it getting tiresome to have to respond to this over and over and over.

I'll start handing out warnings/bans on this kind of thing. If people can't even be bothered to read the OP before asking to be white-listed...fuck'em.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Jade's reactions to things seem to be becoming more and more like FC's :)
(No offense intended to either of you, I understand how hard it is (to a limited extent))
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

That's because it is annoying when people don't read. It encourages the groth of a nice and lush spiky exoskeleton.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

I have indeed gotten a bit tired of writing polite responses to people who can't be bothered to read the white list requirements. So I shortened my standard response to 1 word. ;p
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
jadedcat

Re: [4.22] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by jadedcat »

The server is now running BTW 4.22
FlowerChild wrote:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote:The server is now running BTW 4.22
<dances>
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Yeah, I understand. Frankly, it's amusing.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
hordekips

Post by hordekips »

THIS IS NOT A WHITELIST REQUEST

This is an appologie for my post before requesting a whitelist on the server while clearly not filling any of the requierments

I did not mean to be impolite... I know that I am not realy the most active member of the community and not the most well known but that is because i try to keep the amount of stupid posts I keep down to a bare minimum as you might guess from the fact that I have made about 20 posts in over a year of lurking on these forums. I know I might see as a non-contributing prick but it is only so because I realt want to keep account and not posting seems like a good solution to that plus I don't like making posts unless I have anything useful to say (Continues writing post what doesn't contribute anything to the threat). So I ask for forgiveness for my previous post and if FC sees fit he can ban me if he wants to.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Well, it has come to my attention that there are a number of people on this server cannot engage in trade for the simple reason that they lack enderchests.

As the server's self described evil merchant and in order to alleviate all your pains, I have thus placed a number of eyes of ender where any who need them may find them: Just look in community storage.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

The Phoenixian wrote:Well, it has come to my attention that there are a number of people on this server cannot engage in trade for the simple reason that they lack enderchests.

As the server's self described evil merchant and in order to alleviate all your pains, I have thus placed a number of eyes of ender where any who need them may find them: Just look in community storage.
We have a community storage? Or is this a cyclic argument, in that community storage is in an ender chest, so you need an enderchest to get an enderchest?
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Wow jade. I'm really impressed at how you manage to keep the server current with the latest updates as you do. This really is a good server and the community on it is very fun and friendly despite the fact that it is anarchy. (do note that the 'friendly' part is the atmosphere of the server, not necessarily the actions that occur)

Also, FC, I'm sorry. I posted that out of my great excitement for returning to my base from being lost and achieving steel and whatnot. I'll be sure to post pics in the appropriate forums for now on.

Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

Is the server full, or is there room for one more? IGN: "Skweekchan", experienced BTWer, semi-regular posts on forums...
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Skwirral wrote:Is the server full, or is there room for one more? IGN: "Skweekchan", experienced BTWer, semi-regular posts on forums...
How precisely does 2 posts count as semi-regular forum involvement?

The server is not full. But you will not be getting white listed right now.
FlowerChild wrote:
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

You have two posts on this account and you say you're a semi regular contributor? I think not, sir.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

Well I said forums because I also included the MCforum, where I tend to post a bit more often. But fair enough, I'll see what the situation's like when I've been around *here* longer, then. Thanks!
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

As pursuant to my stated position on the correlation of forum bans and server bans. If I am made aware that a person has been banned or temp banned from the forums that person is banned from my server for the length of the forum ban. This is to keep drama off my server. I do not care what the reason was. Or who the person is.

Morvelaira you may come back to the server after your temp ban expires.

I am not interested in the whys and wherefores of the reasoning behind Morvelaira's forum ban. Its none of my business. If anyone wants more information, I would recommend asking someone else. Though I doubt its any of your business either. I am only posting this because I post all bans and I will not make an exception to that.
FlowerChild wrote:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Honestly Jaded, I wouldn't try to enforce temp bans. Pretty much everyone gets one at one point or another. They're nothing more than a slightly more severe warning in my books (or in some cases a "time out" to prevent the potential of drama spilling over into the forums), and I'd honestly prefer to not have the added weight of people not being able to play on their chosen server because of one.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

FlowerChild wrote:Honestly Jaded, I wouldn't try to enforce temp bans. Pretty much everyone gets one at one point or another. They're nothing more than a slightly more severe warning in my books (or in some cases a "time out" to prevent the potential of drama spilling over into the forums)

I made it my policy at the beginning that any forum ban of any length would result in a corresponding server ban. I do not like having people on the server whining and complaining about "unfair" bans. I also made it a policy to let people know why so I do not get people asking me questions about why they were banned. It keeps the drama level below my drama tolerance line.
FlowerChild wrote: and I'd honestly prefer to not have the added weight of people not being able to play on their chosen server because of one.

Its not your responsibility. If someone chooses to act in a way that is inappropriate for the forums resulting in a forum ban, that is their choice. People can only choose what they do, not the consequences they receive from their choice.

I do not wish to set a dangerous precedent by making an exception in my standard policy. From day one the policy has been forum ban = server ban = post explaining length of ban.
FlowerChild wrote:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fair enough Jaded. I can understand the desire to want to keep drama away from the server as much as I want to keep it away from the forums.