[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Ribky

Re: [4.21] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by Ribky »

Detritus... I barely missed you... The pyramid is right near old spawn and Atlas... I was confused.
Spoiler
Show
You lucky bastard.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I've been having a lot of fun here the last couple of nights, and given a lot of the neat things that are happening on this server - as well as my relative inexperience with anarchy play - I wondered if I might not try to make a few videos for my YouTube channel based around this server. I'm thinking of styling it in an old-school, war era news reel, probably voice over reporting and picture based.
I wanted to ask, before I got too deeply into preparing for this, if anyone had issue with this idea? I particularly wanted to ask Anarchitect and FlowerChild, since I plan on mentioning you both by name in the first episode, to highlight your difference of opinion on building society within an anarchy server.

Just let me know, folks. Thanks!
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Battlecat wrote:Greetings! I think I'd like to take the plunge and give anarchy a try if you've got room. Sounds like there's a lot of entertaining things going on here!

IGN: Elodia7
added
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I'm down. I would be doing videos myself if my computer could handle it.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
grwn

Post by grwn »

Although I'm not very active on the forums, I have been lurking here for a long time and like to think I am of the same mindset of the people around here. With BtW having a greater focus on SMP/Anarchy play now, I'd very much like to try this out. Is there any chance I could be whitelisted on this server?

IGN: grwn

Thanks in advance!
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Uh oh looks like the Mongols have been through here...
Spoiler
Show
Wasn't me honest, It was like that when I arrived.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

grwn wrote:Although I'm not very active on the forums, I have been lurking here for a long time and like to think I am of the same mindset of the people around here. With BtW having a greater focus on SMP/Anarchy play now, I'd very much like to try this out. Is there any chance I could be whitelisted on this server?

IGN: grwn

Thanks in advance!
Not without more community interaction either on the forums or on irc.. or a current member vouching for you.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
bwyw

Post by bwyw »

Looks like this is the only server with HC-everything. Would love to try it, and hey, fresh meat for you guys until I get used to anarchy. I promise to come back after I rage-quit.

user: smirks, -2141517530214991192
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Hey!
I miss the server :'( haven't had internet for a while now as I've moved house and need to sort out an ISP. I can tether from my phone, but I don't think the connection is good enough to play Minecraft with... I should be back soon, though, so please don't remove me from the whitelist or think I've forgotten you! :3
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

bwyw wrote:Looks like this is the only server with HC-everything. Would love to try it, and hey, fresh meat for you guys until I get used to anarchy. I promise to come back after I rage-quit.

user: smirks, -2141517530214991192
You have not been active enough in the community to be whitelisted at this point.
FlowerChild wrote:
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

I just thought someone might appreciate this before and after shot:
Spoiler
Show

All those memories! *sniff*

Also, tonight everything changed. Before it was all fun and games but tonight, I killed someone. It was in self-defense, mind you, but now everything feels different. Can I ever go back to the way it was before? Does it ever get any easier?

APB: _Pucc_ is kitted out for player-killing and will attack unprovoked. Do not trust him!
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

People seemed to be getting on too well on this server it almost felt like it was a friendly server - that said I felt something must be burned, the people need fear to plunge them into anarchy. As one insane man said:

"You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!" - The Joker

You want to know how I got these scars? Well I was wondering in the Nether...
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Ribky wrote:Detritus... I barely missed you... The pyramid is right near old spawn and Atlas... I was confused.
Spoiler
Show
You lucky bastard.
Lol, how did you miss me? I thought I was pretty clear about what it was. I even talked about the pillars a sign was telling me to follow. You were nearby? I was hoping to see someone, either to kill or just to say hi :L.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
mikeyagoto

Re: [4.15] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by mikeyagoto »

jadedcat wrote:We are now using 4.15

hobohunted--- you have been whitelisted.

Mikeyagoto -- I need to take some time and check out your posts.
Hey me again, just wondering if you gave another thought to a possible whitelist?

Thanks!

Mikey
jadedcat

Re: [4.15] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by jadedcat »

mikeyagoto wrote:
jadedcat wrote:We are now using 4.15

hobohunted--- you have been whitelisted.

Mikeyagoto -- I need to take some time and check out your posts.
Hey me again, just wondering if you gave another thought to a possible whitelist?

Thanks!

Mikey
You have not been a constructive member of the BTW community long enough for whitelisting on this server.
FlowerChild wrote:
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Congratulations Battosay you have survived... and your prize is on its way. Said prize has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for spawn eggs or anything else... its just poop.

New Bounty
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

New proposal to get more player interaction---

I am not saying I am going to do this.. just asking what people think of it

Lovely landmarks have been added. My thought was I could add prizes at a set time near the monuments. Something like a wolf egg.. or a pair of cow eggs. Post a time on the forums and a distance like 50 blocks east of Atlas .... and let people fight it out to see who got to take home the prize. People could use various methods to find the prize.

So horrible idea or interesting excuse to poke each other with sharp objects?
FlowerChild wrote:
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I'm in favor of more player interaction.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm personally against artificial external intervention on anarchy servers. Having the "hand of god" start placing objects in the world and establishing goals for us kills my suspension of disbelief.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:Having the "hand of god" start placing objects in the world and establishing goals for us kills my suspension of disbelief.
Yeah... Isn't that your job? ;)
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm personally against artificial external intervention on anarchy servers. Having the "hand of god" start placing objects in the world and establishing goals for us kills my suspension of disbelief.

that was my worry actually.
FlowerChild wrote:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Yeah... Isn't that your job? ;)
Hehe...in a way, I guess it is, but I think the difference is in providing tools that the player can decide to use in whatever way they choose, and at any time, without my direct intervention.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Yeah... Isn't that your job? ;)
Hehe...in a way, I guess it is, but I think the difference is in providing tools that the player can decide to use in whatever way they choose, and at any time, without my direct intervention.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God(Futurama)
hairystanky

Post by hairystanky »

Hey you replied that I was whitelisted a couple of months ago, but I've never been able to get in. Anyway, I've been lurking on the forums for over a year now and I was wondering if I'd be able to play on your server?

IGN: hairystanky
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

hairystanky wrote:Hey you replied that I was whitelisted a couple of months ago, but I've never been able to get in. Anyway, I've been lurking on the forums for over a year now and I was wondering if I'd be able to play on your server?

IGN: hairystanky
I did in fact whitelist you when the server first opened. You were never on and were removed for inactivity some time ago. Since then the rules for whitelisting have changed and players who are not contributing members of the BTW community must have a current member vouch for them.
FlowerChild wrote: