[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Mrchaim

Re: [4.20] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by Mrchaim »

Could I get my mostly-lurking self whitelisted? mrchaim is the in game name i use.

Admittedly, this may be motivated by wanting to join in the social experiment that seems to be developing, because it sounds fascinating.

Or i may just want to hunt down other player's bases and do bad, bad things to them. Either way, this sounds pretty amusing and i'd love to have a chance to play with some of you fine fellows (Assuming that my new zealand-esque ping allows for it)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

FlowerChild wrote: I play anarchy as a lone wolf as that is how I most enjoy it. MC probably appeals most to me as a game about surviving on your own in a hostile environment.
I share your enjoyment of it as a survival challenge, or I obviously wouldn't play on an anarchy server. My own goal is to build a functional society within that context; the windmill at which I tilt. I need opposition like yours because a society that can't stand up to barbarians at the gate isn't a viable society.
FlowerChild wrote:Keep in mind, this is all within the context of the game. I obviously bear you no ill will, however, just like me and Battosay like to go after each other in these kinds of games, the in-game role you are undertaking is in direct opposition to my own chosen one, and I will have a whole lot of fun attempting to thwart your progress.
I hope to have a lot of fun thwarting your terrorist plots as well. It is all in good fun, even if I'm cursing constantly.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

TheAnarchitect wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: I play anarchy as a lone wolf as that is how I most enjoy it. MC probably appeals most to me as a game about surviving on your own in a hostile environment.
I share your enjoyment of it as a survival challenge, or I obviously wouldn't play on an anarchy server. My own goal is to build a functional society within that context; the windmill at which I tilt. I need opposition like yours because a society that can't stand up to barbarians at the gate isn't a viable society.
FlowerChild wrote:Keep in mind, this is all within the context of the game. I obviously bear you no ill will, however, just like me and Battosay like to go after each other in these kinds of games, the in-game role you are undertaking is in direct opposition to my own chosen one, and I will have a whole lot of fun attempting to thwart your progress.
I hope to have a lot of fun thwarting your terrorist plots as well. It is all in good fun, even if I'm cursing constantly.
This is something that actually fascinates me, because it seems to me that we've basically got what makes Eve Online so great forming at a very basic level - that is, minecraft is merely providing the framework and context for entirely player driven content. In this case, much like what happens in Eve, we've got the very, very start of rudimentary efforts to team up... or to murder the crap out of those efforts, just because.

Which is really interesting to watch in action.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAnarchitect wrote: I share your enjoyment of it as a survival challenge, or I obviously wouldn't play on an anarchy server. My own goal is to build a functional society within that context; the windmill at which I tilt. I need opposition like yours because a society that can't stand up to barbarians at the gate isn't a viable society.
TheAnarchitect wrote: I hope to have a lot of fun thwarting your terrorist plots as well. It is all in good fun, even if I'm cursing constantly.
I agree on both counts man. Honestly, I'm happy that you're doing this as it gives my inner Luke Skywalker a Death Star to aim at blowing up.

Who is the terrorist in this equation is all relative of course. Personally, I think I'm fighting the oppressive regime that's attempting to impose social order on my free existence :)
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

you have been added mrchaim

And for those keeping track.. 24 more hours till the bounty changes.. are y'all really going to let cyclone survive the week?
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Man, if asking for voluntary non-aggression is "restricting your freedom" you must be super pissed when people tell you to "have a nice day." I'll do what I want, facist!

Everyone who likes the colossus, go take a good look at it so you can see how it's build. It's basically the Minecraft steve, but at 5/4th scale. That is, where steve's legs are 4 pixels across, the colossus has a 5 meter leg. I'm gonna put some effort into maintaining it, but if it's gonna remain standing It's gonna take more than just me. If you see damage to the Colossus, please repair it as best you can. Even a crappy patch job is better than letting the griefers win.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Man, if asking for voluntary non-aggression is "restricting your freedom" you must be super pissed when people tell you to "have a nice day." I'll do what I want, facist!

Everyone who likes the colossus, go take a good look at it so you can see how it's build. It's basically the Minecraft steve, but at 5/4th scale. That is, where steve's legs are 4 pixels across, the colossus has a 5 meter leg. I'm gonna put some effort into maintaining it, but if it's gonna remain standing It's gonna take more than just me. If you see damage to the Colossus, please repair it as best you can. Even a crappy patch job is better than letting the griefers win.
Now now. I'm all for in-game rivalry, but please keep it in game man. I won't take kindly to insults being hurled at me on the forums ;)
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

The following people have been removed for inactivity
Spoiler
Show
1jonttu
866nick
_red_star_
biohazard91x
blairforceone
bluemelon555
coldrocker
crimsonstorm
cueballswr
dadidsworth
damnitmcnabbit
danielngtiger
darkpollopesca
dillonisgreat
shakeyknight
moldiworp2
kywy51
qweasdzxcvd
yleia
skyteaero
nick
eduke11
kezza99
methetechman
hunterj111
hairystanky
ospo_ll_clyde
mattthepadawan
gdteatime
magick_miner
paul_the_carrot
marcuss2
phil1il93
naumnaum
jamarcel
weldasb
minecraft4455
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
ada221

Post by ada221 »

jadedcat wrote:The following people have been removed for inactivity
Spoiler
Show
1jonttu
866nick
_red_star_
biohazard91x
blairforceone
bluemelon555
coldrocker
crimsonstorm
cueballswr
dadidsworth
damnitmcnabbit
danielngtiger
darkpollopesca
dillonisgreat
shakeyknight
moldiworp2
kywy51
qweasdzxcvd
yleia
skyteaero
nick
eduke11
kezza99
methetechman
hunterj111
hairystanky
ospo_ll_clyde
mattthepadawan
gdteatime
magick_miner
paul_the_carrot
marcuss2
phil1il93
naumnaum
jamarcel
weldasb
minecraft4455
umm kywy51 and lablet1 and Telbal and I(ada221) all know eachother, we would like to stay whitelisted if thats possible... weve had things come up IRL but should be back on the server in a week or 2....

(i understand you have your reasons...(
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Huh, odd. After reviewing both the whitelist and those that have been removed due to inactivity. I can only conclude that "ultinos" does not exist. (that is unless I have overlooked something) So if "ultinos" does not exist, why do we have an "ultinos's portal"? Veeeeery interesting....

As for the very active anarchy debate, I enjoy a nice mix of order and disorder. I enjoy the idea of alliances, and hold in high esteem those that make good on gentlemen's agreements. I despise and will (eventually) mercilessly hunt down and repeatedly stab kill anyone that would dare betray, backstab or otherwise 'gip' me.

If you are 'against' me from the start I will see it as a friendly rivalry, if you pretend to be an ally and thus betray what little trust I bestow upon you, I shall pour out all my wrath upon you till you rue the day that you ever joined this server.

Oh, yes, anarchy.... chaos... order... Hmm, I seem to have gotten sidetracked, and forgotten the main point I was trying to make... Sorry bout that.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

CycloneSP wrote:Huh, odd. After reviewing both the whitelist and those that have been removed due to inactivity. I can only conclude that "ultinos" does not exist. (that is unless I have overlooked something) So if "ultinos" does not exist, why do we have an "ultinos's portal"? Veeeeery interesting....
Try "tonitrusultionis".
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

ada221 wrote:
jadedcat wrote:The following people have been removed for inactivity
Spoiler
Show
1jonttu
866nick
_red_star_
biohazard91x
blairforceone
bluemelon555
coldrocker
crimsonstorm
cueballswr
dadidsworth
damnitmcnabbit
danielngtiger
darkpollopesca
dillonisgreat
shakeyknight
moldiworp2
kywy51
qweasdzxcvd
yleia
skyteaero
nick
eduke11
kezza99
methetechman
hunterj111
hairystanky
ospo_ll_clyde
mattthepadawan
gdteatime
magick_miner
paul_the_carrot
marcuss2
phil1il93
naumnaum
jamarcel
weldasb
minecraft4455
umm kywy51 and lablet1 and Telbal and I(ada221) all know eachother, we would like to stay whitelisted if thats possible... weve had things come up IRL but should be back on the server in a week or 2....

(i understand you have your reasons...(
No worries. Just have them let me know when they can come back. I am trimming the list to ensure our bounty is an active player. No bans are associated with the de-whitelisting.
FlowerChild wrote:
ada221

Post by ada221 »

No worries. Just have them let me know when they can come back. I am trimming the list to ensure our bounty is an active player. No bans are associated with the de-whitelisting
thank you very much madam *gentleman's bow*
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

The Phoenixian wrote:
CycloneSP wrote:Huh, odd. After reviewing both the whitelist and those that have been removed due to inactivity. I can only conclude that "ultinos" does not exist. (that is unless I have overlooked something) So if "ultinos" does not exist, why do we have an "ultinos's portal"? Veeeeery interesting....
Try "tonitrusultionis".
Next thing you know they'll be naming streets after me ;)
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I entitle this piece: "A New Day Dawns"
Spoiler
Show
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Morning wood?
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

As for the very active anarchy debate, I enjoy a nice mix of order and disorder. I enjoy the idea of alliances, and hold in high esteem those that make good on gentlemen's agreements. I despise and will (eventually) mercilessly hunt down and repeatedly stab kill anyone that would dare betray, backstab or otherwise 'gip' me.

If you are 'against' me from the start I will see it as a friendly rivalry, if you pretend to be an ally and thus betray what little trust I bestow upon you, I shall pour out all my wrath upon you till you rue the day that you ever joined this server.

Oh, yes, anarchy.... chaos... order... Hmm, I seem to have gotten sidetracked, and forgotten the main point I was trying to make... Sorry bout that.
Don't be too secretive, man. Hiding your true intentions is never good for anyone ;)
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

FlowerChild wrote:I entitle this piece: "A New Day Dawns"
Spoiler
Show
Now with added sound effects :)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

So, in the spirit of fun, i've started to hide supply farms out in the world. They're little wheat farms, complete with millstone and handcrank and everything you'll need to get delicious bread from them.

Assuming you can find them, of course...

(Or you can blow them apart if you want, to deny others the resource. I'll be curious to see what happens).
shifty

Post by shifty »

Mrchaim wrote:So, in the spirit of fun, i've started to hide supply farms out in the world. They're little wheat farms, complete with millstone and handcrank and everything you'll need to get delicious bread from them.

Assuming you can find them, of course...

(Or you can blow them apart if you want, to deny others the resource. I'll be curious to see what happens).
Or booby trap them...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

FlowerChild wrote:I entitle this piece: "A New Day Dawns"
Spoiler
Show
Haha, nice. What's with the devil horns, though?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Black Rathalos

Post by Black Rathalos »

As I didn´t have the time to read all the 18 pages, I have no idea if I still can ask to be added or if the server is "full".
I never played anarchy before and want to try it out.
Just tell me if I get the chanse to try anarchy on your server.

IGN: AkantorJojo
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Black Rathalos wrote:As I didn´t have the time to read all the 18 pages, I have no idea if I still can ask to be added or if the server is "full".
I never played anarchy before and want to try it out.
Just tell me if I get the chanse to try anarchy on your server.

IGN: AkantorJojo

1. The op tells you whether you can be added or not.

2. You are too new to the forums to be whitelisted on this server.

SO no you will not get a chance to play anarchy on my server until you are a more well rounded member of the community.
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

@Anarchitect I definitely see myself joining in on your side if/when I find time to play on this server. I believe society will win out against those who would do it harm. Might I suggest placing a bounty on Flower's head for his stunt with the colossus? Although I think he might actually enjoy you bringing the heat down on him... ;)
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

Black Rathalos wrote: IGN: AkantorJojo
As far as I know, AkantorJojo was banned from the forums.