Upcoming design change: The Endermen are coming

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

Re: Upcoming design change: The Endermen are coming

Post by DaveYanakov »

It would be the perfect opportunity for FC to construct a million phalli all at once across ten thousand servers...
Better is the enemy of Good
Six

Post by Six »

DaveYanakov wrote:It would be the perfect opportunity for FC to construct a million phalli all at once across ten thousand servers...
Mind = blown.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

M!C wrote:
Donzaffi wrote:
interesting idea, but I don't think the game remembers how world was before the player came
What would you say is the seed for then? ;)
The seed isn't perfect, but this is not a hard thing to accomplish. There are many ways the Endermen could be made to de-civilize worlds.

I actually quite like the possibilities that raises... As someone who simply never has been able to properly play multiplayer (JUST when BTW went Multiplayer, I need to keep working mediate...) I love the idea of a hostile enemy horde in any shape.

Let's be honest, friends. This is FC. Shit's gonna get serious.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Mr Scratch

Post by Mr Scratch »

Baton the hatches? I always knew this day would come... In anticipation, I moved my kingdom to the sky by destroying it and rebuilding it 50 blocks above an ocean.

The citizens were restless and angered by the move of their home. They called me mad, CRAZY, INSANE! We'll see who's crazy when the enderman army under the ever-gazing eyes of herobrine comes a-knocking!

Also many wolves died that day, and I held a feast in remembrance of their sacrifice(what better way to remember the dead than to eat their charred corpses?)
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Flowerchild wrote:
They've recovered now, and are rather pissed that Steve has been defiling their pristine world and griefing their mob-trap.
Am I the only one considering what FC may have meant by that second part? What is the mobtrap? Is it the random dungeons you find, the strongholds, all the mob spawners, or just the entire Overworld? I think the last part of the sentence needs to be taken into consideration when speculating about what he is hinting at.

Maybe they start building their own mob traps. Though, I'm not sure because I imagine he is referring to something that is already there at world-gen...

--edit--

I should probably says thanks, FC. This mod is the most well put-together one I've come across and the support is excellent. I really can't do this mod justice without a few pages so just thanks. :)
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

In FC's lore, the overworld is one giant mobtrap to feed the ender dragon, if I'm not mistaken.
BobSlingblade679

Graphite wrote:In FC's lore, the overworld is one giant mobtrap to feed the ender dragon, if I'm not mistaken.
Oh right. I seem to remember that now that you mention it. Guess I was going the wrong direction with it. So, maybe they're going to rip roofs off of buildings since the mobtrap's killing mechanism is the sun.
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

BobSlingblade679 wrote:
Graphite wrote:In FC's lore, the overworld is one giant mobtrap to feed the ender dragon, if I'm not mistaken.
Oh right. I seem to remember that now that you mention it. Guess I was going the wrong direction with it. So, maybe they're going to rip roofs off of buildings since the mobtrap's killing mechanism is the sun.

Kinda goes against his MO, IMHO

1. Random griefing of player with no defense
2. Little fun value

A lot of crazy speculations goin ons heres

But speculating is fun I admit.
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

No patients right now, a bit slow.

So my mind wandered to minecraft. And I had a terrible thought.

So Ill toss my hat in the wild speculation , um, whatever hats get tossed in.

Considering the crusade against player GPS and other things...what if endermen are going to pick up players instead of blocks and teleport them...thats kinda terrifying.
August West

Post by August West »

IowaGuy wrote:No patients right now, a bit slow.

Considering the crusade against player GPS and other things...what if endermen are going to pick up players instead of blocks and teleport them...thats kinda terrifying.
Genius!
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

Could it be a change that goes hand in hand with the upcoming changes to beds? Perhaps a trap at our original spawn?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

That would be really damn cool :)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

That would be great! A little similar to what weeping angels do in doctor who I suppose.

You must first see like an Enderman if you want to fight an Enderman...
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

Well remember its just speculation. Speculation threads let us vent our creativity but we are trying to guess what is coming, NOT make suggestions.

The line gets blurry. There are so many factors we as players don't consider with changes, a domino effect of things. That's why we have a designer/creator (FC).

The key differance is is between "I wonder if this is happening" against "omg do this". Speculation is fun, but not a place to bandwagon. I just took my first trip over to minecraft forums and the place hurt my brain. The rules here may seem strict, but they serve great purpose. Also, I have been posting a bit much as of late and will be taking a short break.
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

Pucc wrote:You must first see like an Enderman if you want to fight an Enderman...
I need more pearls / armor in my main world to test this, and I don't want to use creative, but has anyone tried fighting an enderman while wearing the goggles? Do they still aggro on stare, and are there any other benefits to wearing "their eyes" against them?
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

haphazardnuke wrote:are there any other benefits to wearing "their eyes" against them?
Cool shades?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

haphazardnuke wrote:
Pucc wrote:You must first see like an Enderman if you want to fight an Enderman...
I need more pearls / armor in my main world to test this, and I don't want to use creative, but has anyone tried fighting an enderman while wearing the goggles? Do they still aggro on stare, and are there any other benefits to wearing "their eyes" against them?
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I was torching the End in my world. I can confirm that they still aggro'd if you looked at them, because they sometimes started to attack even though I never attacked first. But I didn't see anything different when I was fighting the aggro'd ones.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
BobSlingblade679

FC just hinted that we'll soon have another resource and it'll come from Enderman. *excited*

What could it be? He implied the change to enderman would somehow benefit us so I'm thinking it might not actually be a new item but the endermen themselves would be considered resources.
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Post by Nerdasaurus_Rex »

BobSlingblade679 wrote:FC just hinted that we'll soon have another resource and it'll come from Enderman. *excited*

What could it be? He implied the change to enderman would somehow benefit us so I'm thinking it might not actually be a new item but the endermen themselves would be considered resources.
Well, we are taking their eyes... maybe the new thing is going to be their kidneys?
At one point I thought that the world was perfect.
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Nerdasaurus_Rex wrote:
BobSlingblade679 wrote:FC just hinted that we'll soon have another resource and it'll come from Enderman. *excited*

Well, we are taking their eyes... maybe the new thing is going to be their kidneys?
Their dimensional travel glands?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locking this thread down as it is no longer immediately relevant, as described in my Dev Diary.