Raust, you still alive man?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Raust, you still alive man?

Post by FlowerChild »

Just checked the Doggy thread and Raust appears to be MIA.

Dude...did 1.3 do you in?
BinoAl

Re: Raust, you still alive man?

Post by BinoAl »

I actually was just wondering the same thing, you mentioning the stakes for measurement made me realize I haven't heard from him in a while
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I was wondering this same thing...
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Meep. I know leading up to 1.3, the poor boy was hyperventilating... :(
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:Meep. I know leading up to 1.3, the poor boy was hyperventilating... :(
Yeah, from what I saw on his mod thread, it really looks like he's dropped out of the mod scene. I think he hasn't even logged-on to MCF in about a week, which is really out of character.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well I can imagine how having so much work dumped on you could kill your joy quick. And once that's gone there's not a lot holding you to something that you're doing totally of your own free will.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

We need to go to his MCF thread and say how much we miss him?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

You go first :P.

I do miss him though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:We need to go to his MCF thread and say how much we miss him?
Nah, I didn't want to disrupt his MCF thread, which is why I posted this here :\
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

I love his tools mod; it's one of the only mods I use alongside BtW. I miss those tools. :)

I read in the DT thread that he had gotten accepted to a game design school or some such--I wonder if it's just keeping him that busy.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Raust is very much alive - I talk to him regularly on Skype. He is, however, very much disheartened by 1.3 (as am I) with regards to the work it means he has to do for his mod. Having spoken with him last night, he does still plan to upgrade DT at some stage. When I talk to him next, I shall direct him here to show him he's been missed.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Eriottosan wrote:Raust is very much alive - I talk to him regularly on Skype. He is, however, very much disheartened by 1.3 (as am I) with regards to the work it means he has to do for his mod. Having spoken with him last night, he does still plan to upgrade DT at some stage. When I talk to him next, I shall direct him here to show him he's been missed.
Thats good news. I missed that guy around here.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Yeah, 1.3 has been absolutely a killjoy for modding, your guesses were quite on the money. I despise 1.3 completely.

I do intend to update DT eventually, but at the moment I just can't muster up the motivation.

I found myself adopting forge because they ACTUALLY did what mojang SAID They would do regarding the merging of multiplayer and singleplayer.

I have to say, a large part of what crushed my spirit for this was the fact that DT's miraculous continued compatibility with Better Than Wolves would come to an end. I love BTW so much that the thought of no longer being able to use it really depressed me.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*tackleglomps the wolfaboo*

I missed you! :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Yeah, 1.3 has been absolutely a killjoy for modding, your guesses were quite on the money. I despise 1.3 completely.

I do intend to update DT eventually, but at the moment I just can't muster up the motivation.

I found myself adopting forge because they ACTUALLY did what mojang SAID They would do regarding the merging of multiplayer and singleplayer.

I have to say, a large part of what crushed my spirit for this was the fact that DT's miraculous continued compatibility with Better Than Wolves would come to an end. I love BTW so much that the thought of no longer being able to use it really depressed me.
Mrow *Panda pounces Raust*
I misses you!! TT~TT
My favorite wolfeboo! dont let 1.3 crush your spirit!! Keep fighting, and even if you dont believe in yourself just remember, you can believe in panda who believes in you! >:D
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Yeah, 1.3 has been absolutely a killjoy for modding, your guesses were quite on the money. I despise 1.3 completely.

Good to see you man!

Yeah, I can hear you, but at the same it's really not as bad as you are thinking.

Forge doesn't do anything for merging SMP and SSP other than compiling both from the same code-base. That's Mojangs work there that makes that possible, as it's obvious that on Mojang's side, everything is in the same code-base now. The only reason they're separate is due to how MCP decompiles them.

So...even without Forge, you're working with the same code base, just what is effectively two copies of it. It's a pain in the ass, but one that I'm sure will be resolved in future versions of MCP. Forge just beat them to the punch there.

Anyways man, if that's really what is crushing your spirit: then just don't use the Forge. As I've said in the past, I'd be happy to help you out where I can with the porting process.

Regardless, it's good to hear from you man. Don't be such a stranger :)
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:

Good to see you man!

Yeah, I can hear you, but at the same it's really not as bad as you are thinking.

Forge doesn't do anything for merging SMP and SSP other than compiling both from the same code-base. That's Mojangs work there that makes that possible, as it's obvious that on Mojang's side, everything is in the same code-base now. The only reason they're separate is due to how MCP decompiles them.

So...even without Forge, you're working with the same code base, just what is effectively two copies of it. It's a pain in the ass, but one that I'm sure will be resolved in future versions of MCP. Forge just beat them to the punch there.

Anyways man, if that's really what is crushing your spirit: then just don't use the Forge. As I've said in the past, I'd be happy to help you out where I can with the porting process.

Regardless, it's good to hear from you man. Don't be such a stranger :)

Heh, thanks man. I've been going on a soul-searching RPG binge of sorts, I'm gonna crack down on the code again this weekend.

The stuff in 1.4 really intrigues me actually, a few things they've added are things I can really work with. My plan for the past few days was to wait until halloween and update to 1.4 and the API... but then... this... was brought to my attention by one of my fans.

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/246175831037202432
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: The stuff in 1.4 really intrigues me actually, a few things they've added are things I can really work with. My plan for the past few days was to wait until halloween and update to 1.4 and the API... but then... this... was brought to my attention by one of my fans.

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/246175831037202432
The thing is about that tweet, I think when people refer to "official mod support", they're talking about the mod-distribution system, NOT the API.

I'm still hopeful that 1.4 will at least contain some bare-bones API functionality...mainly the kind of thing Modloader already provides.

I'm seriously hoping they're not planning on trying to do everything in a single release. As I've ranted about before, I don't even think the mod-distribution system should be lumped together in any way shape or form with the API, as to me, they're two entirely different things.
RaustBlackDragon

Oh right, I had forgotten about that...

Well at any rate, I'll see if I can seriously crack down on it this weekend.

Sorry for worrying you guys, I'll make sure not to neglect the boards like that in the future! :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Even if you want to take a break from modding doesn't mean you have to take a break from minecraft/the btw community... :)