[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
jadedcat

Re: Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) -- Updated BTW 4.13

Post by jadedcat »

added
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

I'd like to join in!
My IGN is Bevanz

And I promise to never use xray or fly hacks.

Thanks.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Bevanz wrote:I'd like to join in!
My IGN is Bevanz

Thanks.
Honestly I am not a big fan of letting relatively new to the forums people on the server. We have had one to many of those get a bit out of hand. So for right now I am going to say not yet.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

IGN: gazelutza
Six

Post by Six »

jadedcat wrote:
Honestly I am not a big fan of letting relatively new to the forums people on the server. We have had one to many of those get a bit out of hand. So for right now I am going to say not yet.
I think that is a fair call, let people join the forums and participate for a while.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Greetings, I'd like to request to be whitelisted. I've been playing on the Anarchy falls (BTW) server for a few weeks now and it seems to have gone quiet all of a sudden thus I am looking to join a more active anarchy server. I accept the rules of the server and swear not to use x-ray or movement hacks, or even Rei's minimap (which I consider cheating for an anarchy server).

IGN: _Pucc_

(Not sure if I already posted a request a while back but if I did apologies my memory fails me sometimes.)
freetorule

Post by freetorule »

IGN : freetorule
I accept the no x-ray, no flying, and no move hacking rule. honestly I dont understand why people would be stupid enough to do that in the first place.
Its all... wibbly wobbly timey wimey"

I am the 12th Doctor
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

I am preparing to update to 4.14. My gut feeling is that HC bouys will break allot of the current waterflow systems. If the rebuilding is really complicated I may turn off hardcore buckets for 24 hours for people to fix current streams.
FlowerChild wrote:
freetorule

Post by freetorule »

jadedcat wrote:I am preparing to update to 4.14. My gut feeling is that HC bouys will break allot of the current waterflow systems. If the rebuilding is really complicated I may turn off hardcore buckets for 24 hours for people to fix current streams.
Seems like fun :3
Its all... wibbly wobbly timey wimey"

I am the 12th Doctor
gazelutza

Re: [4.14] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by gazelutza »

My IGN is gazelutza

jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

y'all really need to spend some more time on the forums before I will be comfortable whitelisting you.
FlowerChild wrote:
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

I spent time on the forum but now i create my acont for posting(to join a sv)...i play btw and read the forum from a long time...what do u wanna me to do?I do not talk much..but i play much ^^ and sory for my english...
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

jadedcat wrote:Honestly I am not a big fan of letting relatively new to the forums people on the server. We have had one to many of those get a bit out of hand. So for right now I am going to say not yet.
Fair enough. I can assure you I am an adult who only plays to actually take the game seriously, for whatever that assurance is worth. When would you feel more comfortable, so I know when it'd be appropriate for me to apply again?
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Bevanz wrote:
jadedcat wrote:Honestly I am not a big fan of letting relatively new to the forums people on the server. We have had one to many of those get a bit out of hand. So for right now I am going to say not yet.
Fair enough. I can assure you I am an adult who only plays to actually take the game seriously, for whatever that assurance is worth. When would you feel more comfortable, so I know when it'd be appropriate for me to apply again?

Its not a matter of posts. More a matter of allot of people seem to be joining these forums only with the intent to get on the whitelisted servers. While I understand this, it poses a bit of a problem. A lot of people are not prepared for what anarchy means and run off screaming after joining... or they go the other way and are complete jerks on the server. SO I prefer to be able to see some reasonbly intelligent posts from people or some interaction on irc before whitelisting them.
FlowerChild wrote:
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Do you think you could up the server restarts to every 6 hours? It gets pretty laggy after a while.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

Maybe u should give them a chance ;)
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

gazelutza wrote:Maybe u should give them a chance ;)
Well, people have been given chances, hence Jadedcat stating this:
While I don't want to speak for her, I will say that she's made her point and intentions quite clear, and it doesn't seem to be up for debate. Follow her advice and spend some time within the community.

I like to think that many of the newcomers are probably decent people. However, this is the Internet. Making assumptions about people, whether good or bad, is just not going to work.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

darahalian wrote:Do you think you could up the server restarts to every 6 hours? It gets pretty laggy after a while.
I can yes.
FlowerChild wrote:
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

jadedcat wrote:
I understand completely. I'm always a little hesitant about adding new players for the same reasons. I haven't had trouble really, but most of the brand new accounts I white list, don't really play. I didn't want to implement a rule requiring a certain number of post counts because that would just generate spam in other parts of the forums. I usually just check mcf and chance it. So far so good, but my server is smaller than yours.
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

Ultionis wrote:
gazelutza wrote:Maybe u should give them a chance ;)
Well, people have been given chances, hence Jadedcat stating this:
While I don't want to speak for her, I will say that she's made her point and intentions quite clear, and it doesn't seem to be up for debate. Follow her advice and spend some time within the community.

I like to think that many of the newcomers are probably decent people. However, this is the Internet. Making assumptions about people, whether good or bad, is just not going to work.

I understand very good her point and intentions but u dont understand my intentions....i'm here to play not to talk...i just need a good server for my appetite of mc/btw/rpg/survival...for now i play on Nightfury's server...she can tell u i'm a good person....it is hard to make u all trust me....to let me play and see what i can do....but is not the first time...I've done this...u are not the first ;) sorry for my english and i will w8 and spend some time with the community...let the updates come with more stuff :D have fun and build a lot :P

Respectfully gazelutza!
Six

Post by Six »

Yeah, playing on another server for a while is nice alternative. The idea is really just for someone to have spent time building up a reputation, which discourages then later on breaking the rules of a server and/or greifing. Someone who is very new and hasn't put much time into building a reputation has very little to lose by doing dumb stuff and being banned.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Personally I'm glad for a "established forum member only" server. I'm hella picky about who I play with, and I've rejected most servers out of hand because they seemed to whitelist anyone who asked.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Personally I'm glad for a "established forum member only" server. I'm hella picky about who I play with, and I've rejected most servers out of hand because they seemed to whitelist anyone who asked.

At the very least they can get on irc and chat with the community a bit. Its not that hard to find us ;p
FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'd like to ask to play on this server. I haven't played anarchy since Edolas' anarchy world died, and I kinda miss it :P Though I don't have a lot of time because of Edolas an university, so I probably won't be online very often..
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

jorgebonafe wrote:I'd like to ask to play on this server. I haven't played anarchy since Edolas' anarchy world died, and I kinda miss it :P Though I don't have a lot of time because of Edolas an university, so I probably won't be online very often..
Assuming your ign is the same as your forum name you have been whitelisted.
FlowerChild wrote: