et.class file

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
skarekrow_1

et.class file

Post by skarekrow_1 »

Hi guys, just wondering if I could safely overwrite the et.class file?
I think it either has something to do with the new server check feature or the new pump, im not sure...
I wanted to be able to enable cave mapping and entities on Rei's minimap on my home server. Any insight is appreciated as I haven't got a clue when i comes to coding.
Thanks in advance guys.
Donzaffi

Re: et.class file

Post by Donzaffi »

I use minimap too, but only basic features like map and waypoints (all other stuff feels a bit like cheating for me, but everybody made his border somewhere else)

and I can use it withour problems, and I have never get an overwrite issue.
Normally don't overwrite btw files, you lose some features if you do it so far I understand it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
skarekrow_1

Re: et.class file

Post by skarekrow_1 »

To be able to use cave mapping and mob detection in SMP you need to install a couple of other optional files straight into the server .jar file, then edit a login.txt file that is created in the server folder. One of the optional files is the et.class file that previously wasn't modded by Flowerchild, pre 4.1 I think. Around the time he added the new sever version check and the screw pump the et.class file showed up amongst the BTW files.
I guess I should just back everything up, try it, and see....

Edit: Well so far so good. The screw pump worked but I don't think the version check did. But that was what I was after, so I guess I answered my own question.