Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
redrew89

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by redrew89 »

FaceFoiled wrote:Server is down for a few minutes. I kinda.. forgot to enable whitelisting after I switched from bukkit to regular, and some griefers joined. Not to fuzzed about the damage to my own stuff, but other houses and such got griefed as well, which I'm not cool with. So restoring the backup of this morning, and at the same time fixing the end/nether. (bukkit uses seperate world directories for those, where regular has them listed within the main world directory, combining those now). Thanks for the tip about that from 8keep. :)
Man... That's rather disappointing... Well, as long as you are taking care of the problem, I'll be patient enough to wait. :)
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Not yet no. it's taking some time to upload (fix for the nether/end).
Daedalus1312

Post by Daedalus1312 »

Well i'm on my senior year of high school, and i worked my ass off so i could do nothing this year.
I bought an extra laptop battery, and i have 4 study halls/7 classes. This is going to be awesome.
Ingame Name: Mikko_blu
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

If you do decide to accept more people I'd be most pleased if you consider me for the white-list.

IGN: _Pucc_
Why do you want to join the server: This is how the game was meant to be played, I can finally put my engineering degree to some use :)

Thank you for your time.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Upload should be done by now. But not at home to confirm that the upload went alright. Technically I could start the server now, assuming it all went fine. However, to avoid possible issues I will wait until I get home tonight and turn it on at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Psion

Post by Psion »

FaceFoiled wrote:Upload should be done by now. But not at home to confirm that the upload went alright. Technically I could start the server now, assuming it all went fine. However, to avoid possible issues I will wait until I get home tonight and turn it on at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
so how much longer till you get home? :P /eagerbeaver

also, in case you didn't see it yet, BTW 4.01 is out now :D
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I'll be home in about 9 hours, I work 11 hour days ;). Thanks for the heads up on the BTW update. I'll update that as well, prior to starting the server.
Psion

Post by Psion »

FaceFoiled wrote:I'll be home in about 9 hours, I work 11 hour days ;). Thanks for the heads up on the BTW update. I'll update that as well, prior to starting the server.

so faaar ;-; bummer, lol. i'll probably be close to sleeping by then XD

just don't forget to put up whitelist! :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That's enabled now. :P
M!C

Post by M!C »

FaceFoiled wrote:That's enabled now. :P
Hostile mob spawning was reduced quite a bit too. Might be that too many people were on but I had no hostiles whatsoever around my base yesterday (at night).

Psion said he saw a skeleton though, so it's probably not the difficulty.
Psion

Post by Psion »

M!C wrote:
FaceFoiled wrote:That's enabled now. :P
Hostile mob spawning was reduced quite a bit too. Might be that too many people were on but I had no hostiles whatsoever around my base yesterday (at night).

Psion said he saw a skeleton though, so it's probably not the difficulty.
yeah, i saw a single skeleton, but i'm guessing that the limit of mobs is set fairly low atm, so they got divided among around 8-9 people online at once, most of which were underground.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I can adjust that as well. There was a bug in bukkit that would reduce mob population if the view rate was set to something <10. Setting the server up to regular set that back to "normal" (7) again. I thought that was just related to Bukkit, but I can set that back to 10 again to sort that. No problemo. :)
8Keep

Post by 8Keep »

Still not up yet :(
M!C

Post by M!C »

8Keep wrote:Still not up yet :(
Maybe read the posts above yours? FF was so kind as to tell us when he'll be home to get things running, which is around 22:00 GMT.

That's 7 hours 36 minutes from now ...
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

All of a sudden, I'm mega-glad that I got whitelisted ages ago. F-f-f-fuck yeah!

I guess I'll be seeing you once I'm back from vacation.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

IGN:Celita

In case none of the other servers pull throughm though im counting on this one more.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Server is back online. BTW 4.0.1, Nether, End fixed. Whitelisting enabled.
cueballswr, sorry for the kick. I just wanted to test the whitelisting first. :P You had ninja reflexes after I started the server. :D
Psion

Post by Psion »

lol face, i think you forgot the 4.01 part. hardcore bonemeal isnt working, still instagrowing crops.
8Keep

Post by 8Keep »

10/10 people on, cant join. So anxious to play :)
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

Please whitelist me, tyr116. I really want to join this server, as it has better than wolves, obviously, but still.
tyr116

Post by tyr116 »

Oh, and by the way, I DON'T GRIEF! I have never griefed, as I hate being griefed in the first place! I don't put people through the hell I go through when I get griefed, In other words, I DON'T GRIEF!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<face palm>
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I'll just leave this here.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Psion wrote:lol face, i think you forgot the 4.01 part. hardcore bonemeal isnt working, still instagrowing crops.
Thanks for the reminder psion. :P Did a ninja update this morning before work. 4.0.1 now, no lies this time. ^_^. Also did a quick update to the server itself, 2.5GB memory now, and 15 slots*.

*Still set to 10 max at the moment.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Challenge time!
The first person to provide a screenshot/picture of a snazzy BTW structure, showing at least 3 people in it, will earn all the participants in the picture a diamond.

- BTW structure
This can be anything related to BTW, but has to be more than just a hand crank. :P A windmill for example, a lumber mill or even some cool mechanical device that is more than just a gearbox. =)

- 3 people minimum
At least 3 people (including yourself) have to be shown in the picture. More is obviously allowed, and all those in the picture will receive a Diamond.

- picture submitter
Will earn an additional Diamond pick (eff 3 / unbreaking 4)

There are various sites you could use to upload pictures. Personally I always use http://www.imgur.com. You do not need to register, you can simply go to the frontpage, drag your picture into it and upload (copy the link afterwards).

I know that the rewards are not very epic, but most of my resources went into the train station build. :P I have a few diamonds left, and a few of those picks. I like these kind of events though, so I will do my best to gather some cooler rewards (BTW rewards), for future challenges.