Unable to pick up blocks

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Rianaru

Unable to pick up blocks

Post by Rianaru »

So I was building my newest automatic kiln and I messed something up and had to break a few blocks. After a bit I noticed a stone brick block laying on the ground so I go to pick it up, and I can't. This one was an actual block because when I broke all the stone brick that I used for scaffolding, I had 63 of them instead of a full stack like I had before. The fire wasn't on at any point, so it wasn't destroyed. Anyone else having issues with picking up blocks? I'm sure this is a 1.3 issue, but I just wanted to check. Oh, and the block fell on redstone on top of stone, both of which I broke in an attempt to retrieve the stone brick. I havn't been able to reproduce it yet.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
VitaFrench

Re: Unable to pick up blocks

Post by VitaFrench »

I have experienced a situation close to yours. I opened my world up to a LAN and was making a reed farm when I dropped a stack of sand and it would flow down the water path to me at which I was unable to pick it up. I destroyed the blocks around me, blocked the water, placed blocks on top of the sand stack all unable to pick the sand blocks up. I log out and exit MC completely and open it back up, without LAN this time, and the problem persisted until the item decay kicked in. That's the only time I have yet to experience it.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

IIRC this has been a long standing bug with SMP, unfortunately now with all SSP essentially being "MP" worlds this is going to be common.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

*Sigh*

Time to complain at Mojang 'till they fix it?
/sarcasm

Anyways since it seems it's a common vanilla issue and there's not anything we can do, this thread probably could use a lock.

A short while later:

darahalian

Post by darahalian »

The times I've run into items I can't pick up is when they are actually higher than they appear to be. I guess the client thinks they fell down, and makes it look that way, even though they are still sitting on some block that's higher up. I've had this happen with saplings after cutting down a tree (sapling still actually sitting on a leaf block) and in a few other places too.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

That makes sense, but I cleared out every block around it(demolished most of the build and wiring back down to ground level) and the only thing above it was sky. I have had the sapling thing happen before occasionally though.

A short while later: