World generators?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

World generators?

Post by BinoAl »

Anyone know any tools that generate a world, like seibai's generators? I know about hippoplatimus's generation mod, but id prefer one that just creates the world file, rather than modding minecraft so terrain generates that way. Me and a couple friends loved planetoids and primordial desert, but those do get old after a while... haha
Stormweaver

Re: World generators?

Post by Stormweaver »

I've been searching the minecraft tools section for a decent one for a while - I know there are a couple of decent-looking ones ('world painter' or something looked promising) that gives you a world file.

I'm actually looking for a more persistent one myself; since Phoenixterrain's keeper's quit now, not to mention with the changes set for 1.8, I don't want my worlds to spaz and load weird chunks at the edge :|
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

There's always the Walled City Generator.
JWA

Post by JWA »

Those cities are pretty sick looking...Notch should forget puny villages and just have npc cities!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Triskelli wrote:There's always the Walled City Generator.
I actually tried this one and thought it looked pretty sweet, but i just couldnt find a city. i tried reinstalling, and it was the only mod installed at the time. I played with the config to make them appear a lot more too, and that didnt work :(