New Release! (BTW V3.92) WOOOOOT!!!!!!! <dances>

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.92) WOOOOOT!!!!!!! <dances>

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.92 of Better Than Wolves is....

<drum roll>

Ready for download!!!!!! WOOOT!!!!!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

WARNING: This version has not been coded or tested to work in multiplayer! Future updates of the mod will attempt to address this, but for now, attempting to play BTW in multiplayer (this applies to LAN play as well) will most likely have unanticipated and potentially disastrous results!

-Updated the mod to version 1.3.2 of Minecraft. It was hell :)

-Added the Dirt Slab as a new block type. They are made with a single dirt block in the crafting grid, not requiring a crafting table to make.

-Added ability to plant cocoa beans with the Block Dispenser.

-Added high-effeciency redstone repeater and stone pressure plate recipes using stone Siding, instead of stone blocks.

-Added high-effeciency recipe for wood pressure plate using wood Siding.

-Added high-effeciency recipe for the Pulley using wood Siding

-Added high-effeciency conversion recipe for Moulding to sticks.

-Added high-effeciency shapeless book recipe. It involves 1 piece of Tanned Leather, and 6 pieces of paper to create 2 books.

-Added recipe to break-down Composite Bows in a stoked Stewing Pot.

-Added crafting recipes to combine two Wool Slabs (of the same color) back into a Wool block.

-Added much more noticeable particle effects from valid book shelves to the Infernal Enchanter.

-Added lots of jerkiness to Platform movement, due to numerous player requests.

-Changed the way Corners and Moulding are placed, so that they appear based on where the player places them on another block. Give it a try, you'll see what I mean :)

-Changed Siding, Pedestals (upside down), Planters, Saws, Anchors & Tables so that you can place stuff on top of them (like torches and redstone), when they are in the correct orientations. Basically, if a mod block has a solid top surface, you should be able to place stuff on it now. Warning though: this also means that mobs can spawn on them.

-Changed the Wool Slab recipe to only require a single wool block in the crafting grid, similar to dirt slabs. The general idea is that simple or soft materials do not require a crafting table to turn into slabs.

-Changed the way Cauldrons and Crucibles work internally, in a substantial fashion. Let me know if any problems result.

-Changed ropes and anchors so that you need to click on them without any item at all in your hand to retract a rope (previously, you could click with any non-rope item in your hand).

-Changed the Redstone Eye recipe to use three gold nuggets instead of a gold ingot.

-Changed the Lens recipe to use gold ingots instead of nuggets, and glass panes instead of glass blocks.

-Changed vanilla dispensers so that they can't place and retrieve buckets of liquid in hardcore bucket mode.

-Changed high-effeciency sign recipe so that it produces 3 signs, instead of 1, to reflect change to vanilla.

-Change the Hopper so that it can not eject items directly into another Hopper bellow it, if the below Hopper has a filter in place.

-Fixed problem that was causing slimes and magma cubes to drop the wrong Arcane Scrolls (they each have different ones now, and neither are knockback), and for the magma cube drop to be too rare.

-Fixed problem with sheers not taking damage when used to harvest Bloodwood Leaves.

-Fixed problem with the Anvil not dropping any moulds it contained when destroyed.

-Fixed problem with Cement not being able to flow through Nether Groth.

-Fixed problem with Canvas being placeable so that they overlap other Canvas or paintings.

-Fixed problem with Cauldron inventories not updating properly when the player went through a Nether Portal.

-Fixed problem with the Bellows being able to blow items in water, when it shouldn't be able to.

-Fixed vanilla problem with fire not hissing when the player put it out.

-Removed the changes that the mod made to the vanilla enchanter, since many of these are now handled in the vanilla code, and the mod now has its own enchanting system through the Infernal Enchanter.

-Removed mod code for increasing the number of pork-chops that pigs drop on death, since this is now done by vanilla.

-Removed mod blocks and items from the creative mode inventory due to changes in code architecture. While I do not officially support creative mode, most of these will be restored in a later release.

-Removed the disabling of the End-Game text due to changes in code architecture. This will be restored in a later release.

-Removed birthing particles from animals due to changes in code architecture. These will be restored in a later release.

-Removed Bellows blowing particles due to changes in code architecture. This will be restored in a latter release.

-Removed newest property of Soulforged Steel due to changes in code architecture. This will be restored in a latter release.

-Removed "spot light" effect on a block that intersects the beam from a Lens due to changes in code architecture. This will be restored in a later
release.

-Removed visual effect when Nether Groth releases spores due to changes in code architecture. This will be restored in a later release.

-Removed explosion particles on Mining Charges & Dynamite due to changes in code architecture. These will be restored in a later release.

-Removed red particles when a living entity is damaged by a Saw due to changes in code architecture. These will be restored in a later release.

----------------------

Please keep in mind that while I have made every effort to make this a bug-free release, an absolutely HUGE amount of work went into this update (approximately 140 hours over a 2 week period). As a result, I fully expect that some issues may have slipped through the cracks. Please report them, and I shall endeavor to correct them as quickly as possible.

Enjoy! :)

<dances>

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Ceunon

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.92) WOOOOOT!!!!!!! <dances>

Post by Ceunon »

Oh my frigging god.

This is probably the biggest change log I've ever seen, and I'm playing since before the Pulley.

Good work, FC. You're beyond awesome.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

YEEEEEAAAAH!
Best. Update. Ever.
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

I'd squee, but I'm not allowed to yet :(.

Seriously though, thank you so much for all the hard work you've put into this. Now please, take a long, hard rest. You deserve it <3
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Awesome! And I was about to fire up another game but decided to do one last check just in case :).

Thanks FC! Very excited about this.
Last edited by Mason11987 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Holy shit dude. Here I was expecting to see just the update to the new version and the slabs, and you've gone and made a whole other whack of additions at the same time! <3, will send money when I can.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Time to backup my saves, do a little bit of praying, and get downloading!
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

You my good sir, are a god among men. All this, plus the countless hours porting things over. I'd buy you a couple of drinks for your hard work right now if I could afford it. For now, ritual human sacrifice will have to do.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

<dances and intends to get loaded>

:)
CueballSWR

Post by CueballSWR »

Going to the milf bar?
skarekrow_1

Post by skarekrow_1 »

A great big thank you and a WOW to the high efficiency recipes, wasn't expecting that!!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Updates happen when I drink... this is an almost flawless pattern.

Thank you FC.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Within MINUTES of me getting back from vacation, too.

Awesome.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*ahem*

*squeeeeeee!*

Ok guys, you may do so now. :D

Seriously, FC. Get loaded, relax and enjoy yourself. You've more than outdone yourself, and I do believe you are the first of the major tech mods to release for 1.3.2. Congratulations. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

AWW yeah! Dude this is amazing, im loving the dirt slabs as the induce mega sqwees.
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:Seriously, FC. Get loaded, relax and enjoy yourself. You've more than outdone yourself, and I do believe you are the first of the major tech mods to release for 1.3.2. Congratulations. :)
Hehe...yeah, I will admit that I just browsed the mod-forum on MCF and had quite a good chuckle to myself in seeing that I basically beat *all* the Forge-based mods to the punch, with the exception of some trivially tiny ones.

After all this work, I'm definitely not beyond a bit of gloating over that ;)
Mac

Post by Mac »

Congrats on finishing the "dreaded" update/conversion.

Now grab yourself some booze and do whatever the hell you want.
And have one on my money, just have to make the necessary donation first ;)
My Youtube channel.

morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...yeah, I will admit that I just browsed the mod-forum on MCF and had quite a good chuckle to myself in seeing that I basically beat *all* the Forge-based mods to the punch, with the exception of some trivially tiny ones.

After all this work, I'm definitely not beyond a bit of gloating over that ;)
I, without really thinking about it, followed my normal routine of announcing that there was a new version of BTW available in the #Direwolf20 channel on IRC. I got a few "yay!"s before the snarls came out. The mods in that channel came down on my side, though. It was rather neat.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Gloating? Gloating is good, within reason. And you FC are certainly within good reason for some gloating. Good job man. Awesome work.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Congrats FC! Now your knee can rest and heal and you sir deserve many drinks! Take a vacation a well deserved vacation.

Thank you! You are just freaking awesome!

ps. Gloat away!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

morvelaira wrote: I, without really thinking about it, followed my normal routine of announcing that there was a new version of BTW available in the #Direwolf20 channel on IRC. I got a few "yay!"s before the snarls came out. The mods in that channel came down on my side, though. It was rather neat.
Faith in humanity: Partially restored.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: I, without really thinking about it, followed my normal routine of announcing that there was a new version of BTW available in the #Direwolf20 channel on IRC. I got a few "yay!"s before the snarls came out. The mods in that channel came down on my side, though. It was rather neat.
Hehehe...well, with this release, and with the multiplayer one to come soon, I utter a hearty "fuck y'all" to my detractors :)

<dances>
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Awesome!
You never stop surprising me, FC!
And did I read high efficiancy stick recipe? Holy hell this is great news!
Psion

Post by Psion »

lol, i remember being saddened there was no way to turn my wood pieces to sticks a while back unless i put them back together into planks. now i can rejoice and make high efficiency sticks for my torches! \:D/
Force21

Post by Force21 »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed problem with Cement not being able to flow through Nether Groth.
I deem cement to be the liquid form of FlowerChild, programmed into every BTW file.

YES, it now kinda has multiplayer! Thanks for the year long wait.. but it was worth it!!!