"Flower Child"

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Vongard

"Flower Child"

Post by Vongard »

Just happened acrossed this in one of my random google searches and thought it was quite funny
direct yourself here
http://cougartown.com/slang.html
and scroll down to the definition of "FLower child"

=P

~Von
Gilberreke

Re: "Flower Child"

Post by Gilberreke »

Well... Duh?

Here, have one of the best flower children of all time, the always amazing Melanie Safka:
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sigh. Damn kids. Seriously man, you never heard the expression "flower child" before you saw my handle?

I'm getting old :)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:Sigh. Damn kids. Seriously man, you never heard the expression "flower child" before you saw my handle?

I'm getting old :)
No. Right now, you are "Matured".

You are only old when you develop an irrational fear of children on your lawn.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote: No. Right now, you are "Matured".

Sigh. I don't think I fit into either category unfortunately. I am definitely not mature (that's still a dirty-word to me), and I'm border-line old.

I think I'm best described as a retarded man-child that is burdened with the memories of too much time past :)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:
finite8 wrote: No. Right now, you are "Matured".

Sigh. I don't think I fit into either category unfortunately. I am definitely not mature (that's still a dirty-word to me), and I'm border-line old.

I think I'm best described as a retarded man-child that is burdened with the memories of too much time past :)
Whatever you say, Lord Vader.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I started feeling old when I hit 16 and them darn teeny-boppers started listening to Billy Piper and those M-Bop sisters.

In December I will have been feeling old for half my life, and remember when young celebrities were twice my age instead of half of it!

That said I have no kids, and my wife brought home lego for us to play with a couple of days ago.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

gftweek wrote:I started feeling old when I hit 16 and them darn teeny-boppers started listening to Billy Piper and those M-Bop sisters.

In December I will have been feeling old for half my life, and remember when young celebrities were twice my age instead of half of it!

That said I have no kids, and my wife brought home lego for us to play with a couple of days ago.
Good catch , sir!
Heck I'm in my late 20's and I feel old now knowing that ppl no longer know how to make fun of hippies - as they don't know what hippies are.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

You know you're old when you flick to "Gold FM" and you hear the song that was played at your graduation ceremony at school.

"It's my Life..... it's now or never...... we ain't gonna live forever!"

sob... I'm old too. sigh.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

finite8 wrote:You know you're old when you flick to "Gold FM" and you hear the song that was played at your graduation ceremony at school.

"It's my Life..... it's now or never...... we ain't gonna live forever!"

sob... I'm old too. sigh.
I'll be terrified if Disturbed ever winds up being considered "Oldies". Perish the thought...
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I may only be nineteen, but I've been living a lifestyle that was fashioned around the 1950s. If that wasn't apparent by the hat, anyways.

I feel old, even thought I'm not.

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot I changed my picture. For those of you who haven't seen the oldie, I wear a fedora religiously. I also have a fondness for jazz and what people call 'oldies'.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote: I'll be terrified if Disturbed ever winds up being considered "Oldies". Perish the thought...
Oh...it will.

One day you'll be walking through Walmart and you'll realize the musak playing in the background is an instrumental version of a Disturbed song.

I'm pretty sure it's already happened with me and Black Sabbath ;)
JWA

Post by JWA »

Your wife brought home legos for you to play with together? Dang I gotta find me one like that.
I feel old when I remember how cool the first NOW cd was considered when I was in high school, then I see Now 72 at a garage sale...Or when I ask my nephew if he likes ninja turtles or gi joe more and hes like, what are those?

Or when we go to kareoke and someone does Imagine, and my younger friends wonder who sang it. Really gotta slap em for that one.
Fedoras are beast though; wish I could pull off wearing one.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Let's turn to our trusty friend xkcd:
Spoiler
Show
and for addressing people specifically between 16 and 35:
Spoiler
Show

Regarding music, I think that my first cassette (for all you young ones, that's a storage system used to record music before CDs (for all you tiny ones, that's a storage system used to record music before MP3s) was Smash by Offspring or Superunknown by Soundgarden. I didn't understand the lyrics back then of course :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Urian wrote:Regarding music, I think that my first cassette (for all you young ones, that's a storage system used to record music before CDs (for all you tiny ones, that's a storage system used to record music before MP3s) was Smash by Offspring or Superunknown by Soundgarden. I didn't understand the lyrics back then of course :p
Mine was "Dangerous" by Michael Jackson, 1991. I still have that tape

First CD was Homework by Daft Punk I think (what was that, 1995?)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Hmm, I'm near the top of the XKCD age chart, do I get a prize?

My first tape was bought in the 80's so I wont admit to what it was. I was listening to some good music on the radio the other day, when I realised I wasn't listening to a rock station, but a classics one. Made me sad, so I turned up the music and pretended I hadn't noticed.

I also think it will be odd that a large number of people who will be playing the Star Wars: TOR MMO grew up thinking Star Wars heavily featured Jar Jar Binks.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I remember my first tape was a meatloaf one; was given to me when I was around 2 (1991). I had great parents.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Urian wrote:Regarding music, I think that my first cassette (for all you young ones, that's a storage system used to record music before CDs (for all you tiny ones, that's a storage system used to record music before MP3s) was Smash by Offspring or Superunknown by Soundgarden. I didn't understand the lyrics back then of course :p
LOL! I remember the 2 hour long process of queuing up a pile of tracks on my CD player and recording them onto a Cassette so i could listen to it on my bus trip to school using my Walkman.

That featured such classic hits of Albums such as "Smash", "Xnay on the Hombre", "Oasis", "Greenday" and "Oasis".

These young whipersnappers don't know how good they have it with their Em-Pee-Gees,r Eye-Pods and those fancy-schancy Mobile Phones. Why back in my day....

Oh dear.... I'm becoming what i hated.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Stormweaver wrote:I remember my first tape was a meatloaf one; was given to me when I was around 2 (1991). I had great parents.
Wait, are you implying Meatloaf is good?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:I remember my first tape was a meatloaf one; was given to me when I was around 2 (1991). I had great parents.
Wait, are you implying Meatloaf is good?
I'm not sure...I use sarcasm so often these days I don't even know if this reply is serious.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

My first tape was a mix tape, which featured Grandma got runover by a reindeer and hey, hey, hey, goodbye. I loved that mix tape.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sigh. My first tape was Ozzy Ozbourne's 'Bark at the Moon'.

That probably explains a lot about who I am today :)
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

My first tape was by Weird Al. Not sure what that says about me.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I'm 13 and have three questions:
1. whats a flower child ? never heard it before.
2. Whats a tape ?
3. Do you have pictures of your gran kids you can show me ? :P
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FurkeyRefills wrote:I'm 13 and have three questions:
1. whats a flower child ? never heard it before.
2. Whats a tape ?
3. Do you have pictures of your gran kids you can show me ? :P
Answer 1: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flower+child

Answer 2: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tape