Your plans for the new NPC villagers

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Deepsniper

Re: Your plans for the new NPC villagers

Post by Deepsniper »

lol I kinda want to hear of FC's ideas for the NPC villages
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Deepsniper wrote:lol I kinda want to hear of FC's ideas for the NPC villages
Oh gawd... He Will prob add a new somthing to the mod that will completly redefine the way that you look at a village!

/say
paitently waits for Flower to destroy post....
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

If my farms get torn apart by endermen.... Im going to make a endermen torture device...
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Grab the planes mod, and carpet bomb them into oblivion, then completely enclose them in a 4-thick wall of cobblestone.
blazeboy91

Post by blazeboy91 »

Ogres from Mo' creatures. nuff said
* Choke Choke Die*
Victim: Damn Poison cupcakes......
Bystander: Oooo a cupcake.
And the cycle continues until someone builds an immunity to it or we all die. Either way it has got to suck being the last person alive..
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I'll lure (read: utilize minecarts) the new endermen mobs into the village and watch as the NPCs make eye contact.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Stormweaver wrote:I'll lure (read: utilize minecarts) the new endermen mobs into the village and watch as the NPCs make eye contact.
I'm not sure if anybody but Steve himself can make the Endermen hostile, but if NPC's can do it too, that would be interesting to watch...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

i can see someone using Single Player commands and spawning a shit ton of Endermen and villagers in an arena... oh how the blood will fly! >:)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hmm...I've been tempted to DL the clay soldiers mod for a while. I wonder if the greys would attack a hostile villager like they do mobs?

I must research this.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

I don't know if these NPCs have been designed to not despawn (or remain in a certain area for that matter), but if they don't despawn and they can be moved permanently by minecart, then I think my castle is going to be getting a basement dungeon accessed by a secret passage pretty soon.
It's good to be king.
blazeboy91

Post by blazeboy91 »

Speltz wrote:I don't know if these NPCs have been designed to not despawn (or remain in a certain area for that matter), but if they don't despawn and they can be moved permanently by minecart, then I think my castle is going to be getting a basement dungeon accessed by a secret passage pretty soon.
It's good to be king.
That is Pretty cruel. I personal use a high tower and do a Rapunzel type tower to lock them away. The only way up would be a elevator which will have rails to take "passengers" up to their eternal prison. Also a tower gives them a nice view and watching mobs jump to their deaths is hilarious.
* Choke Choke Die*
Victim: Damn Poison cupcakes......
Bystander: Oooo a cupcake.
And the cycle continues until someone builds an immunity to it or we all die. Either way it has got to suck being the last person alive..
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Steve always had a dream of filling his town that he built himself with a Female only population.

That dream may become a reality :)
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

finite8 wrote:Steve always had a dream of filling his town that he built himself with a Female only population.
That actually made me think, how possible would it be to attract NPCs to your own town, so I can finally have a use for towns?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Gilberreke wrote:
finite8 wrote:Steve always had a dream of filling his town that he built himself with a Female only population.
That actually made me think, how possible would it be to attract NPCs to your own town, so I can finally have a use for towns?
Oh, the usual things. Chocolate, Chick Flicks, Italian Restaurants, Money, Brad Pitt, etc, etc.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Depending on their use, I will either work with them or kill the ocasional stray that left the herd.

As to how.. I guess the classic stuff will do, pressure plates, holes, saws, lava, electrocution, dispencer traps and so on. Though I guess I will try to keep it to a minimum, in millenaire my genocide often enough left me the sole survivor in a 1 mile radius. Speaking of millenaire, if notchs npcs start taking bricks from my buildings like they did i can't guarantee anything and I will slaughter every last one of them :D.

Btw: will there even be building and mining in adventure mode ? Some ppl claim there won't (which doesn't make sense tbh) but I couldn't find anything official on the topic so far.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Shame that there isn't an anvil to drop on unsuspecting villagers and road runners.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Shame that there isn't an anvil to drop on unsuspecting villagers and road runners.
We have to wait for the ACME branch of the tech tree. Fast travel by giant slingshot, FTW.

Oh, and we could surround the village with a sugar cane field and play Children of the Corn starring Steve as He Who Walks Behind the Rows.
mht03110

Post by mht03110 »

im thinking npc shooting gallery :p
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Gdnite wrote:If my farms get torn apart by endermen.... Im going to make a endermen torture device...
Holy shit, from this post i just realized... endermen = slenderman? :0
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

BinoAl wrote:Holy shit, from this post i just realized... endermen = slenderman? :0
Yeah, I think it's a reference to slenderman, Notch knows his memes
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Gilberreke wrote:
BinoAl wrote:Holy shit, from this post i just realized... endermen = slenderman? :0
Yeah, I think it's a reference to slenderman, Notch knows his memes
Haha, even looks a bit like slenderman, and its made to be creepy. Mind = Blown.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I was wondering when we would hit this. The marble hornets series is the introduction of the "slendermen", right?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

No, I don't think it is, they existed long before that
Urian

Post by Urian »

The origin of Slendermen is a photoshop contest where the theme was to create paranormal pictures (think ghost pictures and such).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
JWA

Post by JWA »

NPC villages? Well personally I think someone should make a Black and White mod. Lacking that, I'll just turn on god and Thor mode and sacrifice me some non believers. Hopefully someone mods in some kind of control interface so we can order them to do stuff though, cuz 3d lemmings just doesn't get old fast.