Need tips or inspiration for water transport

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Zottel

Need tips or inspiration for water transport

Post by Zottel »

Hallo together,

since i read about the uncertain future of BTB, I am thinking about to start a new world with BTW. The only problem for me is, I never found out, how to transport water to upper levels, in BTW in hardcore bucket mode, like I can do it in BTB (with transport pipes). So, I hope someone can help me.

The first question is: Is it generally possibly to transport water to every point of the world?
The second question is: If yes, are there any tutorials or screenshots to learn how to do this?

Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(
Elevatator

Re: Need tips or inspiration for water transport

Post by Elevatator »

Well, there were several suggestions about how it could be possible. From the Idea to tip the VMC Cauldrons wich can be lifted with elevators, till water pumps.

But the only way I know that is possible is a ice machine in a taiga biome, and a piston elevator that pushes the ice the mountain up.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

water can only go down. And as far as I'm aware, there is no way to transport water source blocks up in HCB.

Sorry pal, maybe you should just look for a seed with a really tall water fall; make yer base at the bottom; and level the entire mountain to the ground. Now you should be able to transport water to any part of your base you want.

Other than that, sorry I can't be of much help.

oh yeah, and for your english... Look at Battosay. He's french, but he speaks english just fine.

EDIT: dang, ninja's too pro.

but I thought pushing an ice block with a piston broke the ice....
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

If you need to build up high (above y=100-ish) I'd suggest hacking in a single block of ice to your inventory when you start your world.
If this feels like cheating to you (everyone has their own rules in MC) then you'll just have to search until you find the highest source block you can and limit yourself to building below that.

I think there's a thread about seeds for HCB mode which have high source blocks near spawn somewhere on these forums.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

fearofshorts wrote:If you need to build up high (above y=100-ish) I'd suggest hacking in a single block of ice to your inventory when you start your world.
If this feels like cheating to you (everyone has their own rules in MC) then you'll just have to search until you find the highest source block you can and limit yourself to building below that.

I think there's a thread about seeds for HCB mode which have high source blocks near spawn somewhere on these forums.
This thread?

http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4951
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

DxPanxD wrote:
fearofshorts wrote:...
This thread?

http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4951
Nope, I was thinking of this one:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3827
Which was the successor to this one:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2534
Zottel

Post by Zottel »

Thanks guys. Its pretty helpful to know that water transport to upper levels is generally not possible. I knew the seed-thread, but thx.
I will try to play a little bit with iceblocks... and perhaps BTW will get some possibilities for water transport in the future :)
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(