What do you do with your dogs/wolves?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gilberreke

Re: What do you do with your dogs/wolves?

Post by Gilberreke »

Their room can only be described as a pitch black hole of no return. The iron bars look like they should be windows, but behind it is solid rock instead, as if to mock them. The constant exposure to water has made the walls mossy, growing ever closer to the wolves. In the middle of the room are the wolves, pushed out of the water by single solid block of their own excrement.

They hope for a better life when morning comes, but morning never comes.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Gilberreke wrote:Their room can only be described as a pitch black hole of no return. The iron bars look like they should be windows, but behind it is solid rock instead, as if to mock them. The constant exposure to water has made the walls mossy, growing ever closer to the wolves. In the middle of the room are the wolves, pushed out of the water by single solid block of their own excrement.

They hope for a better life when morning comes, but morning never comes.
This. Is. Cruel.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

The best setup I saw was months ago.
Someone had a huge tower of wolves, with a central shaft, and then a wolf on each side (4 wolves in a 3x3x2 height)
I can't even remember what thread it was in though :|
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Elevatator wrote:This. Is. Cruel.
Not at all, I do feed them these days.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

at the moment mine are in a dark dank room sitting on glass blocks, starving. I have no need for dung at the moment and zombie flesh is my main food source until I set up my cow farm.
And HOW!
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

I have 6 in a dark room for dung and the others are Doggy Talents dogs. However since I have only recently started to use the mod only the ridable one and the puppy eyes one have seen any actually usage.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I take very good care of them. As soon as they get hungry they get food delivered directly to them, they don't have to run and fight with monsters and they're protected from the elements. They even have running water in their toilet, Steve has to make do with ass-less chaps.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

I made every one of mine into Doggy Talents Doggys, except from 2....or 3, that is in my mushroom farm, the dark one, full of fungus and stuff :D

I do beliave I forgot a wolf in the nether, one in a desert, and .... I dunno, maybe under my well or something, basically won't bother trying giving a potencial interest for considering looking for dem kamikaze junk, they're form of a block is quite more useful, that's why i have so many ;)
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I have a wolf who's job is to lick all of the leftover placenta from below the breeding farm. You know, so that it looks clean and fancy.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

Itamarcu wrote:I have a wolf who's job is to lick all of the leftover placenta from below the breeding farm. You know, so that it looks clean and fancy.
Aaaahhhhaaaa!!! Maybe there my wolves are! Under my breeding farm!!
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Gilberreke wrote:.. pushed out of the water by single solid block of their own excrement...
Dammit thats a genious idea.

Mine spend their miserable lives in a dark 3 by 3 hole a few blocks underground to protect them from creeper explosions. I guess that is the basic design of any dung farm, trying to be as efficient as possible, even through 2 dogs refuse to do their job a whole 5+ minutes after all the others finished. 2 I keep up in near my entrence should I ever feel like kicking a puppy.. err I mean making companion cubes.

Edit: I need to come up with a new design though, because it gets old really fast to have to wait until all 16 of them finally did their deed before feeding them again with my semi automatic contraption... yeah I know I could just hook them up to a timer but Im kinda OCD when it comes to wasting materials.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Haidaes wrote:I need to come up with a new design though, because it gets old really fast to have to wait until all 16 of them finally did their deed before feeding them again with my semi automatic contraption... yeah I know I could just hook them up to a timer but Im kinda OCD when it comes to wasting materials.
Well, you can have 1 water stream that feeds them all, and whenever one of them poops the system will give the wolves another meat slice. Only the hungry one will eat it.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/