[Spoilers] Soulforged steel discoveries

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MrGrau

Re: [Spoilers] Soulforged steel discoveries

Post by MrGrau »

You definitely get hurt and poisoned by cave spiders, Punnikin.
And you still dig slower underwater than on land.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Punnikin wrote:Since nobody seems to have an answer for my question about poison resist with SFA, I'll ask this. You mentioned it helping when searching for clay, so I presume you sink faster. Does it allow you to dig under water with a reduced speed penalty since you aren't fighting to stay submerged?
It's not that it lets you dig faster, its that it lets you breath for a much much longer time with a respiration enchantment. So much longer I managed to die when I went underwater without it due to not paying attention to the breath bar :P

So there, this is the first death that happens due to this change I believe, even if it is an indirect death :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

I guess I just got lucky with the poison then. I won't test that further. I promise.

I had seen that the armor allowed you to breathe longer under water (trapped air bubbles?) but I was hoping it would offer a bit of stability to let you mine and dig easier as well. I can live with being able to dig longer I guess. :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Try to get aqua affinity then ;]

And tell us if it is affected by sfs too :P
War..
War never changes.

Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

I have no use for aqua affinity. Last time I got that enchantment my chestplate turned green, my pants yellow and I noever got to go on any Superfriends missions. :(
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Between the enchantment and two reeds, you can live underwater now.
Better is the enemy of Good
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Were you on easy? They don't poison you on easy. Only normal or hard.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Either that, or, my guess is, the armour completely blocked the damage, so he wasn't poisoned.
War..
War never changes.

MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Ok, bumping this to list a few direct and indirect deaths due to sfs armour's new properties ;]

My first one was when I was hunting for clay, and walked straight over a crack in the seabed. It turned out it was a bottomless chasm beneath that, and the water plunged me straight in it, while I was wondering why am I not swimming up. When I finally realized what was going on, it was too late, the current tossed me inside a ravine, and I fell to my death ^^

The second one, and by far my favourite: I had been building stuff above the top of my underwater base, and making use of a respiration sfs helm. This process took a few days, in which I got quite used to staying underwater for very long periods of time without worrying about breath. Some time later, I finished everything, and switched back to iron armour. But it turns out there was an oversight in my part, and I had to go out and fix it. So I merrily open a hole and swim up, find the problem, and... merrily drown of course, with the water only being 4 deep at that point. ^^ I'm still laughing with this, because I was so surprised when I started drowning I did not react in time to save me. :p

Third time was today, I was working around a blaze spawner, chafing fire rez potions and dodging ghast fireballs. At some point a blaze spawns right in my face and knocks me down 50 blocks or so into a lava sea. I was perfectly calm, since I had a fire resistance potion on. So I plunge in the lava, and begin trying to swim up (while wearing sfs armour.) and at that exact moment my fire res potion runs out. Rationally deciding the best course of action was to panic and start mash the swim up key until it obeys me, I keep sinking to a very swift and liquefying death. Did I mention I was carrying 4 stacks of blaze rods I had just farmed with my looting 3 sword? Which was also on me ^^
War..
War never changes.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Ok, bumping this to list a few direct and indirect deaths due to sfs armour's new properties ;]
Yay! I was expecting these reports to start coming in much sooner, but I'm very happy to hear that some of the "fun!" I intended with the changes is starting to emerge :)

The first one I anticipated was someone hopping out of a boat during an ocean journey and suddenly sinking to the bottom in a panic, but these will do just fine ;)
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

Oddly enough, not being able to swim in lava is my bane.

Nice necro btw ;)
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DIG_down wrote: Nice necro btw ;)
Necro with new relevant information is never a necro ;)
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

FlowerChild wrote:
DIG_down wrote: Nice necro btw ;)
Necro with new relevant information is never a necro ;)
*scribbles on notepad*

But yeah, usually with some decent fire protection I can easily swim out of lava but with sfs armor I sink like a rock, the respirations is oddly useless in these circumstances.
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

FlowerChild wrote:The first one I anticipated was someone hopping out of a boat during an ocean journey and suddenly sinking to the bottom in a panic, but these will do just fine ;)
As it so happens, a while ago I was sailing along a vast ocean searching for a Mushroom Biome. About 6000m from my base, all the new chunks generating severely affected performance. Casually I saved and quit, when suddenly it hit me: I'm in a boat, wearing sfs armour. What happens when you login again? Yes, you spawn outside your boat. Luckily I was prepared for this, so I logged in and immediately unequipped my armour. But there's always next time...
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
Force21

Post by Force21 »

Am I the only one here that regularly takes off the sfs armor to swim somewhere?
With all this fail, I wonder how people get things done...