I feel an MCF ban coming on :)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
morvelaira

Re: I feel an MCF ban coming on :)

Post by morvelaira »

Ulfengaard wrote:I also got slapped by the 1-point warning ruler.

Feh. Shotgun moderation ftw.
*clings* At least we are not alone! /melodrama
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

Glad I left early. I had my trolling gun out, and my aim was quickly deteriorating. Luckily, I just got out with a 1 warn.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yikes. Looks like they handed out warnings to everyone but me.

Either I'm getting *very* good at walking the line, or the guys in black robes are currently assembling to decide my fate...

<dons tin foil hat>
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote:Oh lawd, I'm reminded why I haven't logged in to my MCF account in over six months. I suppose some posts have been deleted but I didn't see anything you posted that would be ban worthy (and am I remembering wrongly or don't mod creators have a bit more leniancy in their own mod threads?)
I'm on a very tight leash at the moment ;)
Can i please hold that leash mr. Flower?
*sparkle eyes* :3

See this is why i don't visit the MCF... even i have got warnings and im as timid as they come...
Never say no to Panda.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Bah! I refuse to look at MCF anymore. Last time I went I popped in to comment on Morv's LP thread but that place is overrun with children.
tedium

Post by tedium »

this thread taught me that i'm not the only person here from melbourne, australia... so i'm sorry, but i happy XD hey finite8! why didn't i listen to game of thrones... it's so cold, winter is here!!
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

Well, darn, I missed the carnage. It sounded like an exciting event.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
Catox

Post by Catox »

no bad word, no troll, no flame, nothing...

looks like an other conversation here impossible to understand after big brother deleted part of mcf history...
* mind boiling from incomprehension and anger *
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

morvelaira wrote:*pout* I should have just stayed out of it. >.>
That's always a good idea to begin with ;)
mazer246

Post by mazer246 »

Dang, I missed it all D: MCF arguments are a great source of entertainment if you're bored. +100 if FC is caught in the midst of it all.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
~Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Hope this isn't considered a necro, but the recent mod post in the BTW thread is probably relevant. (Link directly to the relevant post)

Looks like they're making a really solid effort to clamp down on the poor behavior of MCF forum members. Certainly they're losing their patience!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

The post I put up just a bit before that made me extremely nervous! XD But my post remains while others are gone. I think I'm safe this time lol

Strike that. It's gone. It was really beautiful and well thought out but appears to only have the sin of directly referencing the offending post.

On a happier, Off Topic Note - I just hit 250 subs on YouTube. YAYAAAY!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I read it before it went Morv.

Truth be told. I'm getting pretty tired of this wave of trolling. I find it particularly annoying when I'm deep into coding, because it inevitably distracts me from the task at hand and delays its completion.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:I read it before it went Morv.
Do you think it was well-done? I actually put a decent amount of effort into phrasing things well before posting. Only reason I care.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Does anybody see the irony that a wolf is coming to the rescue of the BTW thread ?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: Do you think it was well-done? I actually put a decent amount of effort into phrasing things well before posting. Only reason I care.
Yeah, it was. Trying to reason with someone that is basically telling me to stop interacting with the mod's community, and argue for others to take my own mod away from me is rather a losing battle however :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
morvelaira wrote: Do you think it was well-done? I actually put a decent amount of effort into phrasing things well before posting. Only reason I care.
Yeah, it was. Trying to reason with someone that is basically telling me to stop interacting with the mod's community, and argue for others to take my own mod away from me is rather a losing battle however :)
True, but at least I can have pride in my word smithing. I need to start being conscious of such things more, since some of the folks at work have figured out who I am in the Minecraft-sphere.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: True, but at least I can have pride in my word smithing. I need to start being conscious of such things more, since some of the folks at work have figured out who I am in the Minecraft-sphere.
Don't take it personally when a post gets deleted without a warning like that btw. When a troll's posts are deleted, generally everyone responding to the troll also gets their posts deleted, I assume because the mods are trying to just stop the conversation in its tracks.

If you leave the responses as well, there is of course the tendency for the troll to want to respond to those.
Underscored

Post by Underscored »

Haha, I got banned for calling a moderator a "Dumbass with no abilities to dictate", as I got a temp ban for posting: "Dude, so what if they added shearing to sheep? it's a cool feature"
>tfw your jimmies are rustled
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Underscored wrote:Haha, I got banned for calling a moderator a "Dumbass with no abilities to dictate", as I got a temp ban for posting: "Dude, so what if they added shearing to sheep? it's a cool feature"
yeah, the mods at MCF are pretty out of touch with the community, they don't seem to see when something is a joke or not. I wish that it was decided like most other forums, where the mods are selected because they're useful members of the community on the board they're assigned to.
I don't think I've EVER seen a moderator post in the mods section outside of moderating stuff, it makes them seem like bots instead of people.