BTW and zeppelin mod

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
HavokSCOUT

BTW and zeppelin mod

Post by HavokSCOUT »

If you go here, you can get a mod that lets you build and fly a ship. I can already think of some cool stuff to do with it, such as a lever that lets you get to the ground.

EDIT: Sorry about the clarity, CreePig. Hopes this helps.
Last edited by HavokSCOUT on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
mht03110

Re: Mod that lets you fly your house!

Post by mht03110 »

and its compatible with btw, i see great things in the future
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Yeah, it doesn't even modify any base classes.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
mht03110

Post by mht03110 »

i just saw captain sparkels video of it, this will be fun
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I saw a video of either this or a similar mod months ago for an airship, but it was extremely jerky, laggy and the "ship" moved slowly as the mod moved every block one step at a time.

I'll have to check it out, might be fun to have a mobile base to fly over to NPC villages when 1.8 is out (and the mod is upgraded to work with it), however I'm not sure if you can carry items in chests or not (they all fell out on the ground in the video I watched).
mht03110

Post by mht03110 »

gftweek wrote:I saw a video of either this or a similar mod months ago for an airship, but it was extremely jerky, laggy and the "ship" moved slowly as the mod moved every block one step at a time.

I'll have to check it out, might be fun to have a mobile base to fly over to NPC villages when 1.8 is out (and the mod is upgraded to work with it), however I'm not sure if you can carry items in chests or not (they all fell out on the ground in the video I watched).
i think your thinking of the bukit plugin "movecraft"
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

mht03110 wrote:i think your thinking of the bukit plugin "movecraft"
Hmm, no it was well before bukit, I think it was a beta mod, not an alpha one though, the video was a multiplayer world though, so it might have been movecraft if was ported to bukit.

As cool as this is though, I think I'll hold off on this till it has a more sensible recipe, and chests and torches work.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

gftweek wrote:As cool as this is though, I think I'll hold off on this till it has a more sensible recipe, and chests and torches work.
I doubt chests and torches will ever work, as it converts the entire vehicle to an entity.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

A shame that the redstone chest mod died, 'cause it would be perfect in this situation.:(
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
finite8

Post by finite8 »

I like the IDEA of the Zepplin mod, but i don't like how ridiculously overpowered it is. It really needs something like a propeller that can lift x units of weight, with each block weighting a different amount. The heavier the ship vs the number of propellers the slower it will move, or if there aren't enough, it won't move at all.

I've always thought that something could be done in BTW in some later game stage by the use of mechanical / future energy. Platforms already seem to support moving blocks. Just need some way to have BlockEntities and TileEntities merge seamlessly with moving blocks. Something tells me that a new block class for every Block that extends the corresponding base block class should do the trick.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Interesting mod... if not for my BTW, I can see how this would come in handy in the Aether.

EDIT: In fact, I think I'll be using it in more than just my Aether bin. It appears to work with water, I can now make real ships! :D
Last edited by Kwilt on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Careful, I've seen it glitch in the nether and the aether, so you will fall thr aough the bottom of the craft.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

New idea:

I'm gonna need some TNT, some redstone, and a copy of Flower's map with the phallic tower. Oh, and a mountain for the hole.

Ohhhh yeah.

mht03110

Post by mht03110 »

finite8 wrote:I like the IDEA of the Zepplin mod, but i don't like how ridiculously overpowered it is. It really needs something like a propeller that can lift x units of weight, with each block weighting a different amount. The heavier the ship vs the number of propellers the slower it will move, or if there aren't enough, it won't move at all.

I've always thought that something could be done in BTW in some later game stage by the use of mechanical / future energy. Platforms already seem to support moving blocks. Just need some way to have BlockEntities and TileEntities merge seamlessly with moving blocks. Something tells me that a new block class for every Block that extends the corresponding base block class should do the trick.
i have to aggree with you, the mod is excesivly overpowerd. i definitly would never use it on a legit world but i will try it just to see what fancy stuff i can make
magikeh

Re: BTW and zeppelin mod

Post by magikeh »

FTS MAN THIS IS GREAT.. lol!

Cant wait to make an ufo!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Ha! That guy is a genius to be sure. I never thought it would be possible to do something like that, especially not that fluid in motion (though i guess this is how plattforms work in BTW). Now imagine the guy with his 1:1 enterprise taking off :D (yes I know it has to much blocks and the wrong ones too probably)
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Haidaes wrote:Ha! That guy is a genius to be sure. I never thought it would be possible to do something like that, especially not that fluid in motion (though i guess this is how plattforms work in BTW). Now imagine the guy with his 1:1 enterprise taking off :D (yes I know it has to much blocks and the wrong ones too probably)
Technically, you can change block count. So, theoretically, he could fly his 1:1 Enterprise. It just might lag like the dickens.

sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Someone make a 1:1 Star Destroyer. Then fly it.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

sargunster wrote:Someone make a 1:1 Star Destroyer. Then fly it.
Better idea: a 1:5 Death Star. Or possibly smaller. (You'll need the height expander, either way.)

mht03110

Post by mht03110 »

KWilt wrote:
sargunster wrote:Someone make a 1:1 Star Destroyer. Then fly it.
Better idea: a 1:5 Death Star. Or possibly smaller. (You'll need the height expander, either way.)
i like the way you think
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

KWilt wrote:Interesting mod... if not for my BTW, I can see how this would come in handy in the Aether.

EDIT: In fact, I think I'll be using it in more than just my Aether bin. It appears to work with water, I can now make real ships! :D
For the love of Notch don't go underwater. To quote the mod author: "DON'T MAKE SUBMARINES! PLEASE!"
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Fracture wrote:For the love of Notch don't go underwater. To quote the mod author: "DON'T MAKE SUBMARINES! PLEASE!"
Ah... yeah... I happened to see that post after I made the post...

But then again, I haven't been chosen for "Future Darwin Award Receiver" for nothing. And I must know why not!

Fracture

Post by Fracture »

KWilt wrote:
Fracture wrote:For the love of Notch don't go underwater. To quote the mod author: "DON'T MAKE SUBMARINES! PLEASE!"
Ah... yeah... I happened to see that post after I made the post...

But then again, I haven't been chosen for "Future Darwin Award Receiver" for nothing. And I must know why not!
Wooooaaaah. Tried it. NEVER AGAIN.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

WARINING

Do not hit Windmills or Water wheels . as some Crasy stuff will happed Bad crazy stuff.
I did it by accicdent and now im on a Back up copie of my world COS it F'ed up my world save file.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Has anyone tried making a ship with BTW blocks? Would be nice to have a pulley to drop a rope when you come to a stop somewhere.