Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Nazara

Re: Morvelaira's MC News Compilation

Post by Nazara »

FlowerChild wrote:
Nazara wrote: I know things and like to share them. Knowledge is power and all that sort of stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin

Insulted by being called an insufferable 'know-it-all' by the person I can't tell to get bent because they happen to call the shots? Very Fair. Leave the programming to the expert, but the Ecologist can get tossed?

Ok.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nazara wrote: Insulted by being called an insufferable 'know-it-all' by the person I can't tell to get bent because they happen to call the shots? Very Fair. Leave the programming to the expert, but the Ecologist can get tossed?

Ok.
Dude. You responded to what is becoming a recurring gag between me and Urian with a lecture on the ecology of real-world deserts. Yes...that's rather insufferable.

And given your response, now is a good point at which to call a time-out. Nope, not fair at all, but that doesn't bother me in the least.
Urian

Post by Urian »

FlowerChild wrote:...but you still want ice in deserts.
Well of course. Ask yourself where would you enjoy some ice more, in a desert or in Antarctica? Ice in deserts go together like ice cream in desserts.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Does anyone know what Mojang are currently working on? Last time I checked, it was about 3 people (plus Bukkit) working on Minecraft, and the rest on 0x10c or Scrolls. Has anything changed?

Urian wrote:Ice in deserts go together like ice cream in desserts.
:)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

itamarcu wrote:Does anyone know what Mojang are currently working on? Last time I checked, it was about 3 people (plus Bukkit) working on Minecraft, and the rest on 0x10c or Scrolls. Has anything changed?

I believe they might be working on beating nightmare real quick.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Seriously, Nazara? I thought I'd lighten uup and bring some levity to this thread - a little amusing note - and you start to use an offhand commment to launch into a pestering diatribe in support of a feature FlowerChild - he who is the reason we are here - has publically disparaged.

Not cool, man. If I had privilages over this thread, you would not post in it. Ever again.

(And yes, I have a grumpy this morning.)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Nazara wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
Nazara wrote: I know things and like to share them. Knowledge is power and all that sort of stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin

Insulted by being called an insufferable 'know-it-all' by the person I can't tell to get bent because they happen to call the shots? Very Fair. Leave the programming to the expert, but the Ecologist can get tossed?

Ok.
I just sadfaced, i come to this thread for morv's news. Not off topic drama things.
Please dont turn this thread into something like this:
Spoiler
Show
Anyway back on topic i cant wait to make myself some coco farms!!
Im making cookies for all.
Never say no to Panda.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Panda wrote: Anyway back on topic i cant wait to make myself some coco farms!!
I'm making cookies for all.

I hope you also give some to your wolves. Don't worry! Pets love eating chocolate! ;)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

itamarcu wrote:

I hope you also give some to your wolves. Don't worry! Pets love eating chocolate! ;)
My god, you just gave me the idea for my first mod. The chocolate bar: crafting recipe like TNT, but with gunpowder replaced by cocoa and sand replaced with sugar. If you eat one, it gives you Slowness 1 for 3 minutes and Regeneration II for 10 seconds, but when you drop it on the ground and a wolf picks it up it gets Poison V. HEHEHE Cookies for all indeed...
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

itamarcu wrote:Does anyone know what Mojang are currently working on? Last time I checked, it was about 3 people (plus Bukkit) working on Minecraft, and the rest on 0x10c or Scrolls. Has anything changed?

I believe Scrolls is the primary project for the rest of the crew. Based on Notch's tweets, it looks like 0x10c is his personal project right now with minimal contribution from the rest of the company.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

itamarcu wrote:

Not a good idea, chocolate contains compounds that are toxic to domestic animals like dogs mainly because they dont' metabolize it at the same rate as humans. Might make for a good way to accelerate dung production at the expense of having some sorta cocoa dosage regulator. To high a dose and your wolves go into cardiac arrest, right dosage and they make dung faster.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Urian wrote:Ask yourself where would you enjoy some ice more, in a desert or in Antarctica?
There's a certain level of irony here especially given the recent lecture of our temp-banned friend...
Urian

Post by Urian »

Irony - it ain't the feeling of a clean shirt.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
itamarcu wrote: Don't worry! Pets love eating chocolate! ;)
Not a good idea, chocolate contains compounds that are toxic to domestic animals like dogs mainly because they dont' metabolize it at the same rate as humans.

...I was sarcastic. You should have noticed I added a ";)"...
Pwnsaurus

Post by Pwnsaurus »

Battlecat wrote:I believe Scrolls is the primary project for the rest of the crew. Based on Notch's tweets, it looks like 0x10c is his personal project right now with minimal contribution from the rest of the company.
Oh good, we all know how well something turns out when the creator has essentially no outside influence, or anyone to challenge their ideas.
Spoiler
Show
Why do they call it a sheep then? Why dont the call it a "baaaaah"? I think sheep should say "sheeeeep".
tedium

Post by tedium »

Urian wrote:Irony - it ain't the feeling of a clean shirt.
can we start handing out quote of the year awards? if so, you have my nomination :)

oh and i noticed the "large biomes" world option that is in the most current snapshot. that's either gonna be awesome, or useless... i hope for awesome but i've been feeling rather pessimistic the last week or two.
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

I guess we can expect some changes and additions (at least code-wise), as it's been almost two weeks without snapshot.
I hope to at least see some progress of some sort. Yeah, it's vague.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

If they're really tackling the game architecture to move it all into a more sane server/client system then it could be quite a while before we see another snapshot. That project isn't a "whip it out" feature. Especially with how poor the MP experience was before the migration project.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Mr_Hosed wrote:If they're really tackling the game architecture to move it all into a more sane server/client system then it could be quite a while before we see another snapshot. That project isn't a "whip it out" feature. Especially with how poor the MP experience was before the migration project.
Mojang has committed to releasing a snapshot every week on Thursdays. The only reason there wasn't one last week is because it was a National Holiday in Sweden - the country where Mojang is located.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

morvelaira wrote: Mojang has committed to releasing a snapshot every week on Thursdays.
Yep and they do so even though the current build is very unstable. Like last one (or the one before, don't remember).

My guess for this week's snapshot would be some improvements on the new MC architecture and something made with the testificates. (source for this last part).
Once again, this is vague.

morvelaira wrote:The only reason there wasn't one last week is because it was a National Holiday in Sweden - the country where Mojang is located.
Which is very understandable.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Jeb's doing stuff with villagers again: http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/statuses/204619936616808451
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Appears to be some kind of trade system...

Because of the capabilities of our automation I fear this may wreak havoc with some of BTWs carefully balanced elements. Hopefully they don't trade iron or gold tools, weapons or armor...
johnt

Post by johnt »

Please tell me they'll drop coins if you kill them, so we can make villager farms useful.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

johnt wrote:Please tell me they'll drop coins if you kill them, so we can make villager farms useful.
They are already given the fact that they drop more exp than normal (vMC) with BTW. Or did FC reversed that change ? Hue, I don't remember.
Norren

Post by Norren »

Those coins look like they're made of redstone dust, I wonder if they can be smashed for dust/assembled for coins? The most imbalancing factor here might be the ability to convert chickens to redstone dust. O_o;