Thaumcraft 2: Tier 3 enchanter...

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
HavokSCOUT

Re: Thaumcraft 2: Tier 3 enchanter...

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Leave it to you, Anarchitect, to make my self-confidence about my TC world shrink to the size of a kumquat T-T
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Gilberreke wrote:I've been playing some Thaumcraft with Equivalent Exchange and MystCraft on a survival island. I don't have any animals, so I'm going to have to travel with MystCraft to find a "chicken dimension" (if one exists) to transmute chickens into other animals.

I noticed that researching Obsidian is really efficient, but it's hard to come by, unless you have a mod that makes you get them easily.

I plan on making the survival island looking like Atlantis, with rooms for all the Thaumcraft stuff and roofs made out of EE collectors. One room will have sustainable vis creation (don't know how yet) and there'll be a library wing with Quaesitum and Enchanter set up.

Other mods I installed: Iron Chests (really nifty little mod, really handy) and EnderStorage (this is a must for dimension travellers, though I might uninstall it and use the Thaumcraft Void Chests, which should be similar.

Also, I have a texture pack that makes vanilla look like Thaumcraft, with the cool GUIs and high definition particles and all. Anyone interested? I don't have all permissions, so send me a PM if you want it, I'm allowed to send it around privately.
For your sustainable Vis, try making a ton of Nitor. It is worth more as Nitor than the ingredients for it (glowstone dust, redstone, and some Vis) are apart. At a large enough scale, you can run an operation where you auto-dispense Nitor into Crucibles that lead to Duplicators making more Glowstone and Redstone, and if you do it right and get rid of your Taint well it works really well!

Also, I'd like that texture pack. Could you please PM me the link?
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Nazara

Post by Nazara »

SgtChuckle wrote:

I would like it, as well
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

For the 7 people who received the texture pack, some background:

- I did all the GUIs to match Thaumcraft. I was going to make the darkmatter and redmatter GUIs for EE a different color, like Thaumcraft's void GUI, but I couldn't quite pull it off, maybe in the future.
- The particles in the pack are high-res, just like Thaumcraft and were pulled from Soartex
- The main terrain.png is from Isabella, the pack that inspired most of the TC2 textures and look
- I used the biome colors from Summerfields
- It is recommended to run the pack at at least 40% brightness, the pack is a little dark

If someone posts a few screenshots of their world, that'd be fun to see btw :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Nazara wrote:
SgtChuckle wrote:

I would like it, as well
Ditto. Please PM me. Big fan of Thaumcraft.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Could you send it to me as well?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Wow, the TP is really good! It feels more like the Thaumcraft blocks and items looked like vMC stuff, and then someone did Thamcraft support for Isabella. It is a bit dark, but as I play on 50% brightness anyway it's fine.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I've got the correct permissions now :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zned9btr8hbgejt

Here you go everyone. If you have screen-shots, feel free to post them :)
Derzuel

Post by Derzuel »

Ok I know this is an old thread, but I promised myself that I'd post some screens when I finally got around to it, and well I've now gotten around to it.
Spoiler
Show
I generally run the defualt TP so this is what it normally looks like to me, it's also to easier to look at given how dark the TP gil gave me. I mean wow that was dark, I actually had to adjust my brightness up from moody.
Same kind of shot but with the TP; I keep telling myself I need to add more torches, but that would mean I need more wood which normally wouldn't be an issue but I'm out of wood.
This is me looking at the light tower that I've yet to complete as well. To the right of my head is my bedroom window, which didn't connect to the inside of the structure for the first few days in which I climbed up to go sleep through some nights.
Finally a close up the ramparts themselves, I'm currently out of fences so some of what are suppose to be windows are in fact just gaping holes in the wall.
I'm still building some of the rooms, but it's going slow as I don't have near enough of the right resources. Wood in particular has been hard to keep in stock, and I'm gonna be hurting for sand soon as I'm quickly burning through what supplies of it I already have.

In some ways I wish it were my BTW world and in others I'm glad it isn't, I'll try and get some screens of the interior later when I've actually started working on them proper.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Oh wow! I love that castle commign out of the hillside look!
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Yeah, the darkness issues bug me too, I do plan to revisit the pack in the future. Unfortunately, that would mean having to almost create my own TP, which is huge
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Hmm, what could this be? Hint: there's more than one clue in the picture...
Spoiler
Show
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Gilberreke wrote:Hmm, what could this be? Hint: there's more than one clue in the picture...

-snip-
Good job, it sure does look brighter
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Gilberreke wrote:Hmm, what could this be? Hint: there's more than one clue in the picture...
Do I see toadstool from ExtraBiomesXL?
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

It's Thaumcraft 2 Jolicraft support :P
Quality comes before quantity.
Derzuel

Post by Derzuel »

sorry my bad, those weren't taken the Thaumcraft TP, I took them with a another called aurocraft. It was late when I took them and I wasn't paying attention. Saddly I won't be able to go back and re-take the pictures either as I was using mystcraft and RP at the time and I created a cave world, so minecraft crashes any time I try to load the world. Which is annoying as I had just solved some of my resource issues.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

sargunster wrote:Do I see toadstool from ExtraBiomesXL?
Correct :)

So yeah, Summerfields TC2 + EBXL support. If I get a little further along, I might release :)