New Release! (BTW V3.62)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.62)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.62 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Changed the way Gear Boxes power up and down so that powering down takes 1 tick (1/20th of a second) less time than powering up. In normal operation, this should make very little difference, but for the dirty bastards that were using exploits to create infinite power-loops, it means that these loops will slowly bleed off power until they are non-functional. However, I've provided an option in the mod config file to disable this setting as testing has revealed that it can break particularly complex existing builds. Please give it a try though and let me know what you think.

-Changed the way moving Anchors update to hopefully prevent associated Platforms in separate chunks from occasionally breaking off during chunk save/load.

-Changed the way Stoked Fire updates to be MUCH more reliable. It should not revert to regular fire now before a fixed time interval elapses. It may take a bit longer to provide a bit of visual variance, but it absolutely won't take less time, which means that Bellows being pumped on the third setting of the Turntable should now be 100% reliable.

-Fixed vanilla bug where scheduled block updates were getting dropped on chunk save/load. This was causing a number of issues like redstone clocks freezing under those circumstances, and Detector Blocks failing to notice rain for extended periods. These kinds of things should be MUCH more reliable now. This may not sound like it, but it's a REALLY big deal.

-Fixed problem with not being able to jump on Platforms when they were moving downwards.

-Fixed problem with items visually jerking about when dropped on moving Platforms.

-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser placing regular minecarts when attempting to place chest or furnace carts.

-Fixed vanilla bug where pets riding in minecarts would constantly try to teleport to you, causing weird visual glitches.

While this is only a bug-fix release, it is a very special one it that it resolves *all* known issues with the mod, and fixes a few vanilla ones to boot!

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

RaustBlackDragon

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.62)

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

That block update thing... I wonder, that might just fix this one problem I've been having...

Great update, as usual!
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:That block update thing... I wonder, that might just fix this one problem I've been having...

Great update, as usual!
I suspect it's only a matter of time before Mojang gets around to addressing that one, since they DID implement functionality to save/load block-updates properly. It just seems like this aspect was something they neglected to take into account when they made that change.

And thanks :)
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Congratulations!

and Thank you! I always appreciate your hard work on our behalf.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

rhacer wrote:Congratulations!

and Thank you! I always appreciate your hard work on our behalf.
You're welcome :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BTW: I'm planning on going out tonight, getting loaded, and conversing with women of questionable moral character.

If there are any problems with the new release, best to report them ASAP ;)
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

FlowerChild wrote:BTW: I'm planning on going out tonight, getting loaded, and conversing with women of questionable moral character.

If there are any problems with the new release, best to report them ASAP ;)
If you want to do that you really need to come to Portland! I believe we have more strip clubs per-capita than any city in the country.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

rhacer wrote: If you want to do that you really need to come to Portland! I believe we have more strip clubs per-capita than any city in the country.
I grew up in Montreal man. Portland ain't got nothing on that town :)
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

FlowerChild wrote:
rhacer wrote: If you want to do that you really need to come to Portland! I believe we have more strip clubs per-capita than any city in the country.
I grew up in Montreal man. Portland ain't got nothing on that town :)
Have fun!
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Thank you and congratulations!

Have a great night :D
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Congratulations on a bug-free mod ;). Unfortunately I can't download till the morning, but when I do, I think you definitely deserve a little advance on the 4.0 appreciation fund for such a magnificent feat! Have a great night :).
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

All right, a few hundred downloads and nobody screaming "OMFG MY GAME IS BROKE!", so I assume the release is stable :)

See you guys sometime in the middle of the night when I am bound to post something grossly inappropriate ;)
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

FlowerChild wrote: -Fixed vanilla bug where scheduled block updates were getting dropped on chunk save/load. This was causing a number of issues like redstone clocks freezing under those circumstances, and Detector Blocks failing to notice rain for extended periods. These kinds of things should be MUCH more reliable now. This may not sound like it, but it's a REALLY big deal.
This is AMAZING. Thanks for all your very hard work FC :)
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I seem to have gotten somewhat of an FPS boost from this update. Hmmm... Nice! :D
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Enjoy your morally questionable women!
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

/slowclap

:D
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Thank you kind sir.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Woot :) Another update for the win.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Awesome! It must be a really nice feeling to know that all known bugs have been fixed!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Another one? Early Christmas :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

So this is Better Than Wolves' application of pesticide. Well, let's hope that genetic mutation fails to get around this.

I'm not very interested in seeing Drunk Admin day though, since he's like the God of the forum, and drunk God ain't pretty.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Dry Paratroopa wrote: I'm not very interested in seeing Drunk Admin day though, since he's like the God of the forum, and drunk God ain't pretty.
I'd argue that if god is real, he's drunk anyway. Case and point:
Spoiler
Show
tedium

Post by tedium »

lol BinoAl:

P.S. We sincerely apologize to all Platypus enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the Platypi. We at the BTW Forums respect the noble Platypus, and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way.

Have a great night FC. I'm doing much the same tonight myself. Just remember to be careful. Drunken exposure to those without souls can lead to dark places XD

oh i forgot why i actually decided to post. i can't keep missing out on this stuff just because my main world is BTB. I'm gonna create a new world and come back to BTW just so I don't miss out on anymore fun :)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed problem with not being able to jump on Platforms when they were moving downwards.
I'm loving this particular one!

I finished an elevator yesterday that was controlled by two light beams in the corners of the platform. Ofcourse, since the lightbeam has to be unbroken from the bottom of the shaft to the top, I basically have two holes in the platform that lead down to a deeeeeeeeeep hole. Activating stuff at the top requires one to move half into the beam (and as such half above a deep hole), which was fine until the platform was moving down, cause at that time moving around felt like you were skating on ice. Though it was likely just a side-effect, walking around (and as such operating my elevator) has become a lot safer now thanks to this change :P

Thanks for all the hard work :)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Sorry I didn't get this in sooner.

The new 1 tick delay broke my kiln setup. Actually, It broke every setup where I had a timer controlling a chain of gearboxes directly. As long as all you do is power something up, then you have no problem. But whenever you are providing alternating power, you have to shut the gearbox directly attached to what you are doing off. You can't shut down a gearblox down the line, as the delay between on and off will result in it being off all the time. For my bellows setups in most areas, switching from a 2 to a 3 delay got it working again, but I can't do that to my autokiln as so much else is relying on the current timing. I think I'll have to add a separate drive chain and try to reroute signal to each bellows individually.

To see what I mean, go ahead and download the CNC autokiln from the link and try it with the new update. You'll see that only the first bellows works.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.