Force Update not working

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Dry Paratroopa

Force Update not working

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

So, I might've installed BTW before ModLoader... but when I hit Force Update nothing goes away. All of my TMI, BTW, and ModLoader files are still there. I've tried waiting (for a half an hour) before checking, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.2.5..
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
whynocheese

Re: Force Update not working

Post by whynocheese »

Force update clears your bin only not any other outstanding files you may have.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

My bin's not changed either. Everything in minecraft.jar remains as it was.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Have you moved your minecraft install? It might be forcing the update to the old location if so.

Otherwise you can safely just delete everything in your bin folder to force a redownload of all the files, although you can usually just get away with deleting the minecraft.jar.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

I do not believe so, because the location listed under the Force Update button is definitely where it gets played from.

I tried deleting minecraft.jar and Force Updating. Minecraft.jar was not replaced.

EDIT: Resolved: I simply deleted everything not in the default outside of minecraft.jar and downloaded a new one. This can be locked now.
Last edited by Dry Paratroopa on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Dry Paratroopa wrote:I do not believe so, because the location listed under the Force Update button is definitely where it gets played from.

I tried deleting minecraft.jar and Force Updating. Minecraft.jar was not replaced.
The minecraft.jar should be re-downloaded when you start the game (rather than just the launcher) so you can skip the force update step.

Not sure why force update isn't working. It might be a permissions problem though. If you running windows try running the MC launcher as administrator.