Quake pros?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Larmantine

Quake pros?

Post by Larmantine »

My FOV is set to normal. Don't see the point why it is even configurable in the options menu. And I can't understand how some of you guys who play MC with the "quake pro" enabled, how do you play it without getting sick?? Do you find it better or something? Enlighten me.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Ulfengaard

Re: Quake pros?

Post by Ulfengaard »

As a TF2 fanatic, I've grown sort of accustomed to the larger FoV. It hurts the immersion a bit, but it works well for me when I go into zombie-killing tactical mode. Helps put me in the FPS mindset.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I actually used to set my Quake 2 FOV higher than Minecraft goes. Once you get used to it the fact you have eyes in the back of your head makes you immortal.
Better is the enemy of Good
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

You get used to it.

God, how well I remember those dark dark days of endless hours on DM6.

You'd get used to it.

If you had to.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I get sick from using that setting too, or watching a video where someone has it on max. (Tobuscus accidentally changed the setting once and it was pure hell for about 3 episodes. Ugh.)

Than again, I haven't been able to play Amnesia that a friend bought for my birthday last year because the insanity effects on the walls make me feel sick.

Everything makes me sick. I'm freakin' Filbert from Rocko's Modern Life.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I normally keep the FoV at around 80-100, depending on what I'm doing at the time. Having at the lowest just feels...weird imo.

I've used quake pro a few times when taking screenshots from a distance, but I couldn't play with it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I actually like the extreme field of view, I don't *usually* play with it high but when I do it takes a few seconds to adjust and I am ready to go.
And HOW!
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

To me, around 90° FOV is good in Minecraft, although I do crank my FOV as high as the slider goes in FPS games. Pity that there's some console ports that don't bother with it.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Now I really miss Quake 2. I lost probably two hundred hours to vmaze alone. I've not seen a decent game that allowed me to bind keys to zoom levels using FOV console commands since.
Better is the enemy of Good
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Playing with normal pov is like having your face stuck to the screen :p
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Flesh_Engine wrote:Playing with normal pov is like having your face stuck to the screen :p
same here. I started with 90-100, then progressed on to max. I'v even gone as far as getting a program to do the same in bf3. Once you get accostumed to it, everything is more immersive.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Never could bring myself to even try it, even though I used to be heavily into online FPS. Always felt like cheating to me.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Poppycocks wrote:God, how well I remember those dark dark days of endless hours on DM6.
I am more of a Deck_16 guy, not DM6. (different game.. :P) On the FoV though, I usually have mine set to normal, as I play on different pc's often and can't be bothered to set it all the time. At home though, I think I'm set to 70? something like that.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Bah. No this isn't for me. Makes me feel like an alien who just busted out of someone's sorry chest.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

got used to it by gradually putting the slider up over a month or so. now i feel sick when i try normal fov. :P