Off-Topic Hell (Was: An Important Announcement)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ThatOneDude

Re: An Important Announcement

Post by ThatOneDude »

Something to do with glue, maybe?

Like, with the bellows... And the bones... I may be thinking too deeply.
Quality comes before quantity.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
morvelaira wrote:A bellows with mob drops infront of it... Are the drops getting... Pushed by air, perhaps? :D
Well, close, but a little more than that :)
I have a feeling the glass around it has something to do with it, but that could just be my noob instincts looking at the wrong thing.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Wait... I somehow didn't notice the piston nor the arrows.

/FAIL
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Damn it FC. I've been following for a little while now, three or four months and I know that isn't anywhere close to some ... your riddles are killing me D: I'm a bloody painter for fuck sake! I love your mod but fuck do I feel out of place! Let me stare at the image for a bit, while I try and balance my excitement and my ability to comprehend!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Nice! Separating drops through bellows <3
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Ah, I think Bino got it.

All I can hope for is the ability to separate stacked items with it somehow.

EDIT: 'Forgot a comma
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Well shit ... I guess I better initiate lurker mode again. I'm noticing the BD down there by the bones and am trying to figure out what is going on with that. I have very little experience w/ mob spawners myself but am a HUGE fan of Battosay's farms. I think I was raving about a specific episode on Edolas for a week or so.

I think this next release might break me, and the large anticipate release after that? Good god.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

orangeweaver wrote:Well shit ... I guess I better initiate lurker mode again. I'm noticing the BD down there by the bones and am trying to figure out what is going on with that.
I think he's just using that as a trapdoor of sorts. The bellows would push the arrows to that waterflow down there, and then the bd takes in the cobble to let the bones fall through to a different hopper
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Been waiting for that type of sorting! Glad it hasn't fallen off that endlessly long todo list of yours. :). Again, can't wait for these one.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Been waiting for that type of sorting! Glad it hasn't fallen off that endlessly long todo list of yours. :). Again, can't wait for these one.
Hehe...no, nothing ever does fall off the todo list. It's just constantly re-prioritized based on whatever I think will be the most interesting feature to work on and play with at any given time :)

In this case, I'm sad I didn't do this sooner. Half an hour to program, then several hours of fun building the contraption to make use of it. Honestly, it's pretty fucking cool in operation so I'm quite pleased with how the feature turned out. I think I put it off so long knowing that I'd spend a ton of time playing around with it, which is exactly what I just did ;)

This is a big day for me! I'm finally able to sort my bones from my arrows with my mob trap! WOOT! :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: This is a big day for me! I'm finally able to sort my bones from my arrows with my mob trap! WOOT! :)
So, wanna spoil to use which other items are moved by bellows now, or are going to make us endure the torturous wait? ;)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Actually the arrows are pushed by air guys!!!!!! :D finally a way to sort that all out properly!!
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

The guy before me before I previewed this post wrote:So, wanna spoil to use which other items are moved by bellows now, or are going to make us endure the torturous wait? ;)
And ruin the fun of figuring it out ourselves?
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: So, wanna spoil to use which other items are moved by bellows now, or are going to make us endure the torturous wait? ;)
Well, basically anything "light" or shaped in such a way that it feels like it should be pushed (like fabric).

I just went through all the items in the game/mod and made a judgement call on them. I suspect this will get refined over a few releases as people spot problems or potential additional uses, etc.

Just a simple little feature, but it makes quite a difference. I like it in terms of gameplay too, as you get basic sorting with the Hopper, which is relatively easy to use, but in order to do "advanced sorting" you really have to work at it. That machine definitely wasn't a simple one to build :)
Zottel

Post by Zottel »

FlowerChild wrote: This is a big day for me! I'm finally able to sort my bones from my arrows with my mob trap! WOOT! :)
I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and read this, and my heart is beating as fast as hell. Do you want to kill me? ;)

I am so excited, every day a little more. (dont worry, I am not impatiently, I can wait)
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

BinoAl wrote:
orangeweaver wrote:Well shit ... I guess I better initiate lurker mode again. I'm noticing the BD down there by the bones and am trying to figure out what is going on with that.
I think he's just using that as a trapdoor of sorts. The bellows would push the arrows to that waterflow down there, and then the bd takes in the cobble to let the bones fall through to a different hopper

Ah thanks. I was most certainly going to go off track with that. :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Man, one can tell how much fun you are having making this mod :]

Also I'm quite glad to see new uses for the bellows, it is a very interesting and fun little device :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

ok, so we have more block id's going to be added then we can count on our 2 hands. We are going to need more soulforged steel then we can imagine. We have to cull many cows and make a wolf dung sweatshop for a stockpile of bellows. And top it all off with Flowerchild's awesomeness. With even more to come.

only way to sum it up
Spoiler
Show
yup....
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: Also I'm quite glad to see new uses for the bellows, it is a very interesting and fun little device :]
Yup, I'm quite pleased with that myself. The Bellows was always a block that only had one use and one use only, and only in very specific circumstances, so I'm very happy to see it become a bit more versatile.

I'm kinda getting a laugh out of this little thing now too. I think it REALLY highlights the power differential between BTW and other mods:

Fans that mystically levitate objects...no.

Generic filters that allow you to sort any given object from any other...no.

A block that allows you to gently blow light objects a meter over a period of time...yes :)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Perpetual motion! An underground windmill that powers a buncha bellows that make the windmill turn!

It would be funny but not a chance of that happening.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:Perpetual motion! An underground windmill that powers a buncha bellows that make the windmill turn!

It would be funny but not a chance of that happening.
Hehe...yeah, the thought occurred to me to, but no ;)
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Nice :)

Honestly, i'll need to fiddle with this myself to determine the value of setting up something like that versus a more simple hopper line.

I'm not *that* OCD :p
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Flesh_Engine wrote: Honestly, i'll need to fiddle with this myself to determine the value of setting up something like that versus a more simple hopper line.

I'm not *that* OCD :p
Well, this provides a level of filtration not possible with Hoppers alone. If you want to render your bones, or feed your arrows into traps, this is the way to go, and I'm sure there will be other uses that come out of it as well.

It is definitely *advanced* filtration, but a nice project for someone who is so inclined, especially for those of us not using BTB.
DaWhiskers

Post by DaWhiskers »

FlowerChild wrote:
Well, this provides a level of filtration not possible with Hoppers alone. If you want to render your bones, or feed your arrows into traps, this is the way to go, and I'm sure there will be other uses that come out of it as well.
You could filter those two using hoppers, a block dispenser and a sticky piston ever since you changed the hoppers to be able to suck in arrows.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's funny how quickly I am reminded of why I don't discuss features before I release them. Gets me every time.