Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack[BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Battosay

Re: Pandoku's Texture Pack (V0.9 Spring Time!!!)[3.58] Vmc 1

Post by Battosay »

I don't use Thaumcraft, nor even actually knows what it does, so I can't really judge on that, but they look pretty good from what I see :)
I just found the purple thing on the left a bit weird, but I don't know what it is :p
Also, the darker version of the birch wood has a square-shapped top, unlike the original birch wood, which is more roundish. But that's barely noticeable ^^
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Is it just me or are Iron Golemns messed up slightly, with their arms not showing?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Is it just me or are Iron Golemns messed up slightly, with their arms not showing?
Are you using optifine?
Never say no to Panda.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Yes
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Yes
Problem solved use Mcpatcher.
Never say no to Panda.
Imskel

Post by Imskel »

I am using McPatcher and my golem is missing parts, before you ask I don't use optifine .. don't know what it is nor were to find it.

thanks.
Dealor

Post by Dealor »

Yo Panda, is it possible you can put the old pandoku up? the one without the pink trees.
Rule #1: The Dealor Always Wins
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

And I know that I have asked you to do this multiple times, Panda, and I understand if you don't want to, but may you pleeeease revert back to the old smooth stone?
Quality comes before quantity.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

ThatOneDude wrote:And I know that I have asked you to do this multiple times, Panda, and I understand if you don't want to, but may you pleeeease revert back to the old smooth stone?
It's my thought that if you've asked her multiple times and she hasn't done it, pestering her repeatedly won't get you anything but her ire. Even if our Panda is too polite to show it.

By the way, started using this texture pack last night. Not 100% sure if I'll stick with it, but if anything can steal me from Battosay's mix, this is it.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soo guys i bit of big news, down panic, but im taking the download off of the BTW forums, instead im going to be directing you to the Dokucraft: the saga continues on the MCF, it'll be directed to my post i made on there providing a download for my pack. The reason is because i made the mistake of using TSC textures.... oppss...

What this basically means is youll have to click 1 extra button.

so my "Download" will turn into a "Creck out my pack on the Dokucraft TSC Forum" youll be directed to there where i have made a Large Banner, click it and itll bring you to the Download.
Simple.
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote:Soo guys i bit of big news, down panic, but im taking the download off of the BTW forums, instead im going to be directing you to the Dokucraft: the saga continues on the MCF, it'll be directed to my post i made on there providing a download for my pack. The reason is because i made the mistake of using TSC textures.... oppss...

so my "Download" will turn into a "Creck out my pack on the Dokucraft TSC Forum" youll be directed to there where i have made a Large Banner, click it and itll bring you to the Download.
Simple.
That isn't a problem for me, I actually just picked up your pack today. So far I like what I see, except for maybe the mossy cobble.
Keep up the fantastic artwork!
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Panda

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:
Panda wrote:Soo guys i bit of big news, down panic, but im taking the download off of the BTW forums, instead im going to be directing you to the Dokucraft: the saga continues on the MCF, it'll be directed to my post i made on there providing a download for my pack. The reason is because i made the mistake of using TSC textures.... oppss...

Simple.
That isn't a problem for me, I actually just picked up your pack today. So far I like what I see, except for maybe the mossy cobble.
Keep up the fantastic artwork!
Yeah 2.5 seconds in on the MCF and ive encountered at least 5 people that only see what they dont like in my back and yell like a ADHD 15 year old....
Never say no to Panda.
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

Changed my links on my videos to take them to the new download post. While I use a lot of the main textures from another pack I love mixing in this one as well as having all the BTW stuff. I simply adore the mushroom textures as well as the enchanting table and the soulsand.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote: Yeah 2.5 seconds in on the MCF and ive encountered at least 5 people that only see what they dont like in my back and yell like a ADHD 15 year old....
I'm sorry Panda, I didn't mean to offend.

But I think I'll be using your pack for the foreseeable future. I really like how it looks. :D
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Panda wrote: Yeah 2.5 seconds in on the MCF and ive encountered at least 5 people that only see what they dont like in my back and yell like a ADHD 15 year old....
This is why I prefer these forums so much more than MCF; the community here is a community - everyone is supportive if you have a sensible offering/idea/query. The MCF is more like a playground.
Your textures are always so beautiful, don't let those childish folk over there get you down :). I think the fact that most of us on this forum (read: all of us) love your textures is worth more than the ludicrous opinions of the unrefined masses. If, however, you feel you would like visible support over on MCF, I (and probably everyone else here) are more than happy to post there how much we love your work. Just say the word and we'll be there to batten down these silly comments :).

EDIT: Having read your thread in off-topic and seeing the actual cause for the upset, I realise that my words are largely irrelevant to the issue. However, the point still stands that we love you and your work, and if there's anything we can do to make you happier, you only need to ask :).
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Eriottosan wrote:This is why I prefer these forums so much more than MCF; the community here is a community - everyone is supportive if you have a sensible offering/idea/query. The MCF is more like a playground.
Which is why we love that banhammer. Without it, we would have turned months ago.

And Panda, I feel bad for you. No one should EVER have to deal with the masses over there, no matter what.
Panda

Re: Pandoku's Texture Pack (V1.0 Thaumcraft)[3.60] Vmc 1.2.5

Post by Panda »

All updated Guys! download is on the Dokucraft TSC page right were it was befor! follow my link and go check em out! (or just download mine! wwwww)

I now have thaumcraft support for all those who wish to use =]
Never say no to Panda.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Awesome! :D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

I don't suppose it would be possible to keep the pictures of the texture pack uploaded somewhere? At the moment you can't actually see what the pack looks like before downloading it, and that isn't ideal really!

Also, is there any reason you chose to have the birch trees brown instead of white?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Biohazard91X wrote:I don't suppose it would be possible to keep the pictures of the texture pack uploaded somewhere? At the moment you can't actually see what the pack looks like before downloading it, and that isn't ideal really!

Also, is there any reason you chose to have the birch trees brown instead of white?
The thing that isn't ideal is the situation Panda is in. From what I understand, the people over at MCF don't even like this thread being active, so if there were pictures here then they'd get angry again ...

And how many birch trees do you see with brown bark? If you're that bothered about it, edit the terrain.png yourself and copy the brown logs to the birch ones :).
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

There aren't any pictures over there either :P I've been using this pack for months now so it doesn't really affect me, but still it might put new people off.

And that's exactly what I have done, I was just wondering why the change :)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I think it's a bit of erring on the side of caution until the dust settles.
And as I said, birch trees are mainly white, so explains it in my book :P.
But at least you've sorted it for yourself :).
Panda

Post by Panda »

Eriottosan wrote:I think it's a bit of erring on the side of caution until the dust settles.
And as I said, birch trees are mainly white, so explains it in my book :P.
But at least you've sorted it for yourself :).
Actually there a brownish red and the reason is, if are using Mcpatcher for hd textures, and apply the 'Custom colors' option, the birch leaves look like beautiful cherry blossum trees. =]
Like so, this is to celebrate spring time! during summer and fall i have something else planned, and lets be honest, birch trees are kinda flat and gaudy anyway.

Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Dealor wrote:Yo Panda, is it possible you can put the old pandoku up? the one without the pink trees.
Go into the Misc folder and delete the birchcolor.png image. no more pink
Never say no to Panda.
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

Ahhh fair enough, I was just confused because I use the birch logs specifically for their colour, but it's nothing you can't fix with a 5 minutes and an old version of your pack :D