Off-Topic Hell (Was: An Important Announcement)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MoRmEnGiL

Re: An Important Announcement

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

A static steel tardis? I'm in! :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Joeyjoebob wrote:I still think it's a time machine.
don't be silly, time machines are blue
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
Joeyjoebob wrote:I still think it's a time machine.
don't be silly, time machines are blue
Man. You're right. Now all my dreams are crushed.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It is blue in the middle!
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

To be honest I think the device at the end has nothing at all to do with the update and he is just messing with us, and all the clues are scattered along the journey but we haven't been able to pick up on them xD
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That is highly possible considering that he specifically stated we need a half stack of steel blocks or we won't be able to touch the new content and that device only accounts for a quarter stack.
Catox

Post by Catox »

Sarudak wrote:That is highly possible considering that he specifically stated we need a half stack of steel blocks or we won't be able to touch the new content and that device only accounts for a quarter stack.
you should count again ;)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

2 times 16 = 32 blocks.

Basic maths, isn't it ?
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

My highly improbably theory is that it's a cloning machine, which unfortunately due to the poor quality of souls in the nether tends to create stunted, mutated versions of whatever it clones, and has a high chance of creating a violent, crazed, super mutant that can break through most blocks, hence the change to steel blocks to be much less destructable, and the much increased requirement for steel.

The end of the world is nigh, we must create our mutant army to defend ourselves! The Testificates are building their Golems and are waiting to strike!
Last edited by gftweek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Where did you get 2 times 16? I see 2 times 8...

EDIT: Scratch that I was looking at the obsidian... :P
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

The video shows this : (D = diamond block, O= obsidian, S = SoulSteel block)

Code: Select all

S S S S S
S O O O S
S O D O S                x2
S O O O S
S S S S S
Now, count again.

EDIT : no worries
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That would tend to imply that the device at the end IS the device that we will want to create after the update...
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Yeah... captain obvious ?!

I don't want to seem disrespectful here, but this is a given. :-)
It could although be an elaborated troll from FC, but I doubt it... or hope ?
He became too nice, I know.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I've already made one of those on a creative world in anticipation.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
djhag93

Post by djhag93 »

Here's my guess:
All the wolves that were ever used in any "experimentation" are brought back to life. Hence the reason he was at Dingleberry's tomb in the beginning.

Just a thought ;)
FlowerChild wrote: Now, the question is: do you or do you not slip some baby laxative in Grandma's cake?
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Actually, there is a possibility it could be a time machine, but also a portal. It could take us to the past of the nether, to fill us in on why redstone, gold, and souls of the dead are in there. My theory is that the nether is the future of the overworld: the Enderdragon conquerors the world you know, and claims the souls for himself. He keeps these souls until you kill him in he end, at which point they released as experience.
If you do not destroy the monster you unleash, using the thousands of souls you collect, the world as you know it will become the nether.

Just my £0.02.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

The great randomo wrote:Just my £0.02.
Be careful you with your big opinions! That's a whole 0.031942 U.S. dollars!
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
kiperrr

Post by kiperrr »

Ok, so I made an account on here pretty much for the sole reason to express what I think is going to be, or should be added. Wait for it -cough- Magnets! With them, Steve can use magnetized steel to push and pull things at high speeds, and maybe eventually even electricity.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

kiperrr wrote:Ok, so I made an account on here pretty much for the sole reason to express what I think is going to be, or should be added. Wait for it -cough- Magnets! With them, Steve can use magnetized steel to push and pull things at high speeds, and maybe eventually even electricity.
Well, wrapping wire around a block of steel and sending a current through does indeed give an electromagnet - I highly doubt that was FCs intention in the video though. Might explain the screams though, as every single iron/steel tool, block, bar or minecart within many blocks would suddenly propel at high speed toward poor Steve... *Bzzzz*.... *SPLAT*
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I highly doubt a Redstone current is sufficient for an electromagnet of any meaningful strength.
kiperrr

Post by kiperrr »

Sarudak wrote:I highly doubt a Redstone current is sufficient for an electromagnet of any meaningful strength.
Yes, however from already implemented features I would assume concentrated hellfire would have some conductive properties. So, FC could theoretically change synthetic redstone to be more powerful, and therefore have stronger electromagnets. Crazy, but possible.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

it is a portal indeed, but not one that steve himself can pass through. Its a one way door way from the birth place of the enderdragon. upon activating the portal a cataclysmic event is triggered that unleashes the denizens of the true hell upon the over world
Sarudak wrote:I highly doubt a Redstone current is sufficient for an electromagnet of any meaningful strength.
with basic redstone i would agree with you 100%, but given the natural course of all technology a more refined redstone should easily be able move electrons to create a magnetic field.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Thalmane wrote:it is a portal indeed, but not one that steve himself can pass through. Its a one way door way from the birth place of the enderdragon. upon activating the portal a cataclysmic event is triggered that unleashes the denizens of the true hell upon the over world
with basic redstone i would agree with you 100%, but given the natural course of all technology a more refined redstone should easily be able move electrons to create a magnetic field.
And the steel blocks have 16 damned souls in each of them. I don't think we can rule anything out here...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote: And the steel blocks have 16 damned souls in each of them. I don't think we can rule anything out here...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I thought 9 x 16 = 144?

Edit: Wait is it 8 x 16????? O.o