I am a corporate whore! (and how!)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheAnarchitect

Re: I am a corporate whore! (and how!)

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Yeah, Paypal rejects my Debit Card as well. I'll talk to the bank tomorrow and see what can be done from their end. Or find some other solution.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

itamarcu wrote:I just have a question: Will you (FlowerChild) be able to see who had donated what amount in that PayPal account? Or is it just a sum of money?
That's a thing I'd like to know too...

Paycheck coming soon too :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Please forgive my silence guys. I'm kinda taken aback at the moment and collecting my thoughts.

Suffice it to say, I very much appreciate your generosity. You guys rock :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

You cheap sellout :]

I hope the internets display the appropriate generosity, you've more than earned it :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Consider my contribution a thank you for this amazing mod and an investment in the future :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Good to hear you got the information sorted out! :) Sent some well earned cash your way, I've got my paypal account linked to an email that no longer exist (I should probably change that at some point) but I'm guessing none of your information is shown based on other threads :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Funnily enough, I'm getting my first job this month! Over the course of it I'll be sure to send $20 your way.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

While I will wait until tomorrow for a full response (I'm still processing...I do that ;) ), I did want to share a funny anecdote with you guys.

About an hour and a half after I put up my button (and very shortly after I put it on MCF...which I don't think is a coincidence), I received the following message attached to a donation:

"How about making a BTW cape that you can give to people who donate?"

:)

I'm sure those of you who know me need no further comment on it.

Also, I wanted to share a tune with you guys that this evening reminded me of. It's something I listened to many times in my years within the industry, almost always with a certain sense of self-loathing involved, but tonight put a very different, and much more positive spin on it as I look toward a future hopefully free of this sentiment :)

Anyways, just thought I'd share the moment:

DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Random Donation wrote: "How about making a BTW cape that you can give to people who donate?"
How about he makes an epic expansion pack for Minecraft and gives people who donate the opportunity to download and use it instead? Seriously, has the world always been like this or is this sort of thinking a new development starting in the 90's?

We were expecting a certain percentage of tools who assume that because they offer you money that you work for them now. I was just hoping it might take more than a couple of hours to start.

edit- I did let the bad day I've been having get to me there. I offer my apologies to whoever sent that comment should they happen to see it here and have changed the name. Thank you, FC, for the reminder that the ideal response is to offer education before devolving to mockery. There are times I lose sight of that.
Last edited by DaveYanakov on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:I was just hoping it might take more than a couple of hours to start.
Sometimes me being a cynic by nature is beneficial to my well-being in the long run :)

Anyways, regardless, he made a donation and gets my thanks for it. Please don't lose sight of that. Just would have been nice if it was left at a "thank you" and didn't morph slightly into a bribe in the giving ;)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

gftweek wrote:
gftweek wrote:Having trouble with the paypal site bugging out. I tried donating but it kept clearing various sections of the form and in the end just wouldn't process. I'll try again when I get home from work (have been having slow internet at work today, so I'll blame that for now).
Sorry FC, I tried again, but it won't accept my VISA credit card, maybe it just doesn't like New Zealand, but it's happy with everything else, just can't use "this" credit card. Paypal is the only site I've ever had a problem with (still have over a year before expiry too).

I really would like to donate though, BTW isn't just a mod, it's an expansion pack, that Mojang should have decided long ago to on-sell and pay you royalties for (with your permission of course).
In the same boat as gftweek. Not accepting my Visa
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

FlowerChild wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:I was just hoping it might take more than a couple of hours to start.
Sometimes me being a cynic by nature is beneficial to my well-being in the long run :)

Anyways, regardless, he made a donation and gets my thanks for it. Please don't lose sight of that. Just would have been nice if it was left at a "thank you" and didn't morph slightly into a bribe in the giving ;)
To his defence, it is a long tradition,for eg in youtube that the LP ers make special stuff for the donators, and being used to this "special treatment" might not be entirely his fault.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

and the first of several installments has been made until i feel i've given you what you deserve for all of your hard work. without you minecraft would have grown old and stale. thank you for molding minecraft into such an awesome expierence!
DaWhiskers

Post by DaWhiskers »

Thalmane wrote:and the first of several installments has been made until i feel i've given you what you deserve for all of your hard work. without you minecraft would have grown old and stale. thank you for molding minecraft into such an awesome expierence!
This....

Sums up my thoughts exactly :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Well you'll be getting a tenner from me sometime in the next week or so. Just hoping I can get my paperwork sorted out sometime soon - once I have a stable income I'll be able to donate on a whim at times when humour can come from it :D small amounts, but since I can't buy you beer in person ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Looks like I got my vacation week paycheck today... Expect 50$ come next thursday :)
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Thank you for giving us a way to express our gratitude in a more 'substantial' way.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Wgurgh wrote:Thank you for giving us a way to express our gratitude in a more 'substantial' way.
I read that as "Thank you for allowing us to give you money". FC really IS creating an army... :p
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

BinoAl wrote: FC really IS creating an army... :p
THE MASSES WILL FEAR OUR NERD RAGE!!! RAAAWW*cough*cough* *koosh* (puts inhaler away)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Edit: ty for stuffs. Had a long message, chose to kill it.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Just donated. I hope my contribution serves you well :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Unfortunatly for both of us, I am broke. Too bad you can't donate your soul through paypal...
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Jamaize

Post by Jamaize »

After heavily lurking since July (being ninjad before making an account when considering responding) and having played solely BTW since cauldrons. I am very, very happy to be able to show you some honest and tangible thanks!

There have indeed been many oppertunities to say this to you in the past but I am more than happy to do it with whatever cash I can spare for a mod that has dragged the comatosed vMC into a 'real game'.

I am truely glad that the thread; started as a valid mocking of dev time, was started by someone with the knowledge, competence and foresight to develop such an perfect mod.

It is the responsibility in implementation and unyielding attitude that has made me happy to hand over money and confident that this outstanding, free product will go on unhindered by financial ties just as it has before.

Thanks FC,

Carrier pigeons are flapping with the dosh as soon as it comes into my account today!
ServantOMallard

Post by ServantOMallard »

20 of your US dollars are now on their way. I know it's probably getting old by now but just wanted to express my gratitude for all you've given us so far, and also for just being a thoroughly bad-ass individual.

Nath
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

I'm relatively new to the mod, and nowhere near the crazy savant builders that the other folks are (I'm looking at you Batto), but I get so much enjoyment out of this mod it's not even funny. I'll try to send some change when I can FC (student salaries aren't exactly great), but if anyone deserves my coke money, it's you.

Thank you for the endless hours of entertainment that will never red-ring on me.