Any better use for this Cauldron? (non-HCB)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ialdbaoloth

Any better use for this Cauldron? (non-HCB)

Post by ialdbaoloth »

I made this one by accident:

Is there anything else I can do with it?
walker_boh_65

Re: Any better use for this Cauldron? (non-HCB)

Post by walker_boh_65 »

You can. . . Ask FC nicely to be able to smelt it down into raw materials (I.e. 7 iron) or
Throw it into a pit of lava.
Your choice:)
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

Your forgetting choice three Walker, which is to make it a monument to the Devs abandonment of a now useless (pretty much) feature. I think this lets him express himself creatively.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You can fling it and wave it about.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps Villagers should have "tossed the cauldron".
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:You can fling it and wave it about.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps Villagers should have "tossed the cauldron".
Na. IT just doesn't have the same ring to it.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

wasn't it added a while back that a bone & bucket above a vMC cauldron in the crafting grid gives a stewing pot?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Their own little version of Stone Soup All of them gathered around it in the village square.....
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

"Toss the cauldron" might not have the same ring to it, but it turns it into a more Better Than Wolvesque statement about useless features ;)

What do cauldrons do?

They get tossed by villagers.

What do villagers do?

They toss the cauldron.
Stormweaver wrote:wasn't it added a while back that a bone & bucket above a vMC cauldron in the crafting grid gives a stewing pot?
No, I opted to change the name instead. I wasn't keen on making the recipe dependent on that thing.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Wasn't RenEvo IN a cauldron when he tossed the milk? Why not make villagers have increased tossing power inside cauldrons?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Wasn't RenEvo IN a cauldron when he tossed the milk? Why not make villagers have increased tossing power inside cauldrons?
Hmmm...that might be worth exploring. Either that, or sitting in a cauldron causes them to retain their orientation so you can setup more complex tossing patterns.

I like it.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:wasn't it added a while back that a bone & bucket above a vMC cauldron in the crafting grid gives a stewing pot?
No, I opted to change the name instead. I wasn't keen on making the recipe dependent on that thing.
lol. The topic I remembered was about making it so if players had already made that grievous mistake they could redeem themselves but...fair enough. I guess it is kinda moot now that the name's been changed a while ^.^

I have to admit, with rather awkward timing I was pondering a 'mod request' earlier on the MCF that actually sounded decent - a block other than a solidblockaboveadoorthatcanseethesky that a villager could use to designate a house, and I ended up thinking of the vMC cauldron for that use. Was going to post it in suggestions till my internal censor decided it'd be a 'close tab' moment instead of a 'submit post' one.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I'm now in love with this idea. The thought of villagers all sitting around in their little hot-tubs tossing the milk around is bordering on art.

Consider it an upcoming feature for the mod :)

EDIT: I'll probably also build a feature in that allows you to reorient villagers by focusing their attention on a particular object...say a diamond. This should allow for maximum precision in creating custom milk-tossing setups.
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, I'm now in love with this idea. The thought of villagers all sitting around in their little hot-tubs tossing the milk around is bordering on art.

Consider it an upcoming feature for the mod :)

EDIT: I'll probably also build a feature in that allows you to reorient villagers by focusing their attention on a particular object...say a diamond. This should allow for maximum precision in creating custom milk-tossing setups.
That sounds AWESOME. I'm glad I contributed to this conversation :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: That sounds AWESOME. I'm glad I contributed to this conversation :)
Hehe...yeah, I'm not a fan of adding useless content. HOWEVER there's a point where something becomes so entirely useless that it transcends to a completely different "wtf" level ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...yeah, I'm not a fan of adding useless content. HOWEVER there's a point where something becomes so entirely useless that it transcends to a completely different "wtf" level ;)
I can already see a use to this though... By deploying milk to a villager and creating an elaborate sequence of milk tossing vectors, finally ending in a pressure plate, you could make some elaborate and precise milk-tossing timers...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

jorgebonafe wrote:By deploying milk to a villager and creating an elaborate sequence of milk tossing vectors, finally ending in a pressure plate, you could make some elaborate and precise milk-tossing timers...
Even better, set up a chain or loop and monitor a segment with a block detector. Repeatable, milk based timer.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

or have two villagers toss the milk to just in front of each other (as they are able to pick it up within a small radius of themselves) and have a pressure plate in front of one of them. Milk clock.
RaustBlackDragon

Stormweaver wrote:or have two villagers toss the milk to just in front of each other (as they are able to pick it up within a small radius of themselves) and have a pressure plate in front of one of them. Milk clock.
When villagers toss the milk, do they reset its decay timer? These ideas kinda hinge on that.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: When villagers toss the milk, do they reset its decay timer? These ideas kinda hinge on that.
Yup. I spawn a complete new milk entity when they toss it.

Perpetual milk tossing is already a reality.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Or you could set up a huge milk tossing chain fence around your base. If this doesn't scare unwanted visitors away nothing ever will.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Leave it to these guys to come up with a useful mechanism from a silly feature.

I make those cauldrons all the damn time, actually, because they make great looking sinks in kitchens.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Once BTW is SMP, I think I'll make a locked house, and the only way to open it would be to throw the milk to a villager chain.

Also, now that I think about it...
-Villagers inside cauldrons
-Villagers have Buckets of Milk
-Villagers usually have bones inside of them
-Stewing pot is made of bones and a bucket

Sucking a villager who's sitting in a cauldron would produce a Stewing Pot?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

itamarcu wrote:Sucking a villager who's sitting in a cauldron would produce a Stewing Pot?
Or a bucket of milk if you do it right.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

BTW 4.0 changelog:
- Added ability to suck villagers
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Stormweaver wrote:BTW 4.0 changelog:
- Added ability to suck the villagers' milk.
I fixed it for you.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/