Bug with windmill and rain.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Niyu

Bug with windmill and rain.

Post by Niyu »

I've detected a bug with rain, deterctor blocks and wind mills. It's like the windmill or the detector block can't see that is raining. As a result my mecanical power sistem still works even if it's raining. Does it happens to anyone else. I've been looking on the bug report support and the changelog and i coulden't find anything.

I've tired remove and replace the windmill and the detector block and nothing changed.

I only use "Better Than Wolves 3.58".

if theese has been stated before i'm sorry, I searched over the forums and the mod readme and I didn't find anything.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Bug with windmill and rain.

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry, but that's not enough info.

The DB is definitely detecting rain, so either this is a particular problem with your install, or you've created a very weird set of circumstances that I can't discern from the info provided.

My first guess would be incompatibility with other mods you have installed though. Moving this to tech support.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I've just reinstall minecraft with better than wolves using MCpatcher and it keeps hapening the same. I erased a few chunks arround my base with MCEdit and it seems that for the 1.2 terrain generation my base is in a desert biome instead of plains biome, as with 1.1 terrain generator. Outside that desert the detector block works perfectly

I've made a test in a corner where I can find a plain and a tundra generated by 1.1 next to a jungle and a desert generated by 1.2 terrain generator, as you can see only the ones in the tundra or jungle biome are on. The one in the desert is off as it should be, but the one in the plains is also off.

without knowing how are they programed, I think the block dispenser and the windmill think they are in a desert even if they are in an old generated plain, because the new terrain generation makes a desert over there.

EDIT: found a typo
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Niyu wrote: without knowing how are they programed, I think the block dispenser and the windmill think they are in a desert even if they are in an old generated plain, because the new terrain generation makes a desert over there.
The DB code isn't concerned with biomes. It just checks if it's raining in the block that it's in, and the MC code is responsible for telling it if it is.

If it's not working on the corners like that, it's likely it's not raining in the rest of the biome in question either. I believe there's a bit of a fuzzy area where rain particles are still displayed, but it isn't actually raining.

I'd check the rest of the biomes in question to make sure it's really raining in there.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

It looks that the problem is in the mincraft code. It's not the first time it doesn't work properly. It's seems to think there is a desert and that is not raining. Well, I can live with it. It's not a gamebreaking bug.

A last screenshot of a plain with plenty of detector blocks turned off when is raining near a few detector blocks turned on in a tundra during rain/snow.
Spoiler
Show
Image4