Eureka! (part deux)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MoRmEnGiL

Re: Eureka! (part deux)

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Battosay wrote:Oh... so :
Spoiler
Show

Oh, so FC is not working on slime jizz then.

And despite him saying he hasn't touched that part of the code and noone has guessed it so far, I just can't take these for a fact, he could very well be trolling. :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

muggsbud wrote:Prepare for trouble.

he said the next thing is not a block.
The guess about boats and mobs were wrong, soooo.
No he didn't say it's not a block, he only said he's putting a halt on blocks until 1.2 is out. Which means he could have already made the block and is now just working on it's coding.
I'm going to still be moving ahead with this feature even though I've just put a complete halt to adding new blocks to the mod before MC 1.2 comes out :)
Moving ahead implies he may have already done some work on it.

Although even if we did somehow guess the feature, I doubt he'd come out and say 'omg you guessed it yay, have a cookie'
More likely he would either not answer or just say it's wrong...so nothing is ruled out really.
echo off

Post by echo off »

i love that battosay posted a pic of oil sinking in water, and FC smiles and said "not that one" which implies he's considered messing around with the water/oil physics to try and make them realistic.

but anyway, onto my guesses... it's completely out of left field, probably never suggested and certainly not yet guessed, and regards an element of the game FC has never messed with before.

so my guess/wish/cheaped-in-suggestion is that it's a way to use potions on food, making the food give you potion effects that last longer, at a slightly increased cost.

but i really wish it was that gases guess/wish/suggestion i made in the previous eureka thread XD
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

grimper12341 wrote: No he didn't say it's not a block, he only said he's putting a halt on blocks until 1.2 is out. Which means he could have already made the block and is now just working on it's coding.
I seriously doubt it, since that would still mean adding a new block ID, which is exactly what FC wants to avoid before 1.2 comes out. And imo the coding is part of "making a block" since the only not coding part would be to make the textures. ;)

My guess is that FC grew a liking to the mad scientist vibe in the lens video with the thunderstorm in the background and is now working on a way to invoke it and harness its power.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Freezing... things...? Maybe? But to what end? I don't know... I love the sporadic guessing games though, whether or not I say I'm not guessing anymore. And the fact that all clues are relayed to us via good music is an added bonus.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Okay, Lets take a step back. We know the following:
- FC focuses on working with what MC already has.
- Things are only ever added that fit the theme of the game (The gimp suit is a still a bit of a head scratcher tho)
- Unlikely to modify an existing mechanic (i.e: change how a brewing stand works, change how boats work, etc)
- It seems to be something that was either previously too difficult, only just thought of, or had the idea for a while but only just thought of a great mechanic to use it.
- It won't be aesthetic.
- Considering he Wolfaboos are about to be superceeded by Cataboos, this may involve adding the poor kitties into the same hell as the wolves.
- FC is a compulsive (and skilled) liar.
- FC will most likely not give us any indication that we are on the right track.
- I'm tired and sick of working and desperately want 5:00pm to tick around sooner.

Taking these facts into account, what does this leave us with?
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

finite8 wrote: - Considering he Wolfaboos are about to be superceeded by Cataboos, this may involve adding the poor kitties into the same hell as the wolves.
FC likes cats so doubt that will happen *points at MCF thread title*

We'll probably have to treat them really well (eg, giving them wool blocks to sit on with a source of water nearby) to get them to give us dung or whatever if that ever happens :P
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Hmmz, I seem to recall that the orginal plan for the Lens was to make it a possible part of a two block setup for additional functionality.
That was ages ago and pretty obscure although i did get the feeling that most of the initial idea was just rolled into the Lens to start with, maybe the epihany is more of the functional kind instead of technical like last time.

Keep in mind that someone guessed the Lens in the first two pages last time to which no response was given, so even if one of us is spot on; we'll still have to wait & see.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Urian

Post by Urian »

It's a rainbow. I knew it, FC has lost his mind - first he starts suggestion threads about aesthetics and now this. Just you wait, next update we will have rainbows appearing after a rain storm. If you follow it quickly you might reach the end where a new mob, the leprechaun, awaits. You can either try to fight the creepy little bugger (he runs away like teleporting midget on speed) or if you've brought a villager with you you can have the villager toss his milk on the leprechaun who will then use it for his lucky charms. Either way, if you accomplish this you will get a treasure consisting of gold and diamond blocks. Oh, and strange looks from anyone who might be watching you play.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Gimp suited leprechaun?

Hmmmz, looks like gold nuggets will be easier to obtain ;)
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Flesh_Engine wrote:Gimp suited leprechaun?

Hmmmz, looks like gold nuggets will be easier to obtain ;)
I wonder what you'd have to feed to make them produce it though.

If corn was included, you could make the lucky charms cereal, that might work.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Poppycocks wrote:
C'mon, it's BTW, you know that the leprechaun eats souls.
The spice must flow...

Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Ribky wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:
C'mon, it's BTW, you know that the leprechaun eats souls.
I've been foolish, forgive me.

OR

Speaking of fetish, how's about feeding 'em dung?

heh
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Poppycocks wrote: I've been foolish, forgive me.
Oh, no worries, both Warwick Davis and myself accept your apology.

OR

ew
The spice must flow...

Chuffy

Post by Chuffy »

Is it wearing rabbits as hats? :d
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

I hope it has something to do with adding more Entropy into the world. The two VMC systems (creepers and endermen) suck. I don't have any good ideas of how to do this. I want my settlement to feel the effects of time. But I have no interest in trying to re-redstone broken machines.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Urian wrote: -snip- ...if you've brought a villager with you you can have the villager toss his milk on the leprechaun who will then use it for his lucky charms... -snip-
Lmao. This sentence pushed the mind into terrible terrible corners.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

logorouge wrote:Is it a way to harness the power of thunder?
That's my guess. In the lens video, there was a lightning strike right next to him when he was showing off the lit up cross. He either got very, very lucky, or he was controlling it somehow :)
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

He could be playing around with the sleep code. Wasn't there some discussion a month or two ago about changing the mod so players couldn't sleep within hearing of range of industrial blocks and farm animals?
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

If you harness the power of lightning, you could automate pigman farms in the overworld.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Necropolis wrote:If you harness the power of lightning, you could automate pigman farms in the overworld.
This never occurred to me.... WOW! That would make pigs extra useful in the overworld...
Never say no to Panda.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Aha, I think I figured it out! With all the talk of zombies attacking villagers, FC is changing villagers to drop brains on death for luring zombies and making Frankenstein monsters! I'm sure there is more to it than this, though, just need to figure out the rest.
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

what about him changing the End credits or the pests that were talked about....
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

gftweek wrote:Aha, I think I figured it out! With all the talk of zombies attacking villagers, FC is changing villagers to drop brains on death for luring zombies and making Frankenstein monsters! I'm sure there is more to it than this, though, just need to figure out the rest.
But you'd still need the electric charge to have a real Frankenstein!

Maybe FC has designed a way for us to harness the power of...damn, someone has already said that.