Unofficial Suggestions List

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
magikeh

Re: Unofficial Suggestions List

Post by magikeh »

CaL wrote:Hi, new here.

-SNIP

I also think Saws could be made to destroy plants. Such that placing it next to the 2nd high block of a Hemp or Sugar Cane plant would cause the 2nd block of the plant to be automatically knocked off into a collect system as soon as it grows. Saws damage mobs that get too close so why not plants too?
First Off WELCOME!! =D

Second, i like the idea about the saws, but it will disrupt many tree farms, due to the saw being right beside the sapling (altho i guess a piston pushing a saw into place could work...) good ideas, and i am glad that you are actually posting ideas to change current blocks rather than "IDEA IDEA MAKE NEW BLOCK!!! XD"

EDIT: holy cow, 13 pages!! =O this thread is growing fast, keep it up!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
mr.creeper

Post by mr.creeper »

CaL wrote: My main thoughts are on the Block Despenser and how it can suck in things like Obsidian and other stone blocks. I think it shouldn't be able to as it bypasses the need to search for Diamonds to collect Obsidian. I was thinking it could be tweaked so it can only suck in organic material (such as Wood, Saplings etc) and crafted blocks (such as Crafting Tables, other Block Dispensers etc). It could still be used for automatic farming, flood gates etc and would make it seem a bit more realistic imo.
Yes but you forget, you need some mossy stone to a block dispenser and chances are that you will have found some diamonds by then. Mining obsidian is very dull and having the block dispenser to insta-farm as a reward for doing all the wiring is a lot more easier and saves time for when you need obsidian. Also when you find natural obsidian, it is so much easier to just mine it normally.

TL;DR mining obsidian is dull, block dispensers are fairly had to get, and natural obsidian is easier mined by hand.

Just my two cents. it's my opinion, and doesn't speak for other users of the mod.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

mr.creeper wrote:
CaL wrote: My main thoughts are on the Block Despenser and how it can suck in things like Obsidian and other stone blocks. I think it shouldn't be able to as it bypasses the need to search for Diamonds to collect Obsidian. I was thinking it could be tweaked so it can only suck in organic material (such as Wood, Saplings etc) and crafted blocks (such as Crafting Tables, other Block Dispensers etc). It could still be used for automatic farming, flood gates etc and would make it seem a bit more realistic imo.
Yes but you forget, you need some mossy stone to a block dispenser and chances are that you will have found some diamonds by then. Mining obsidian is very dull and having the block dispenser to insta-farm as a reward for doing all the wiring is a lot more easier and saves time for when you need obsidian. Also when you find natural obsidian, it is so much easier to just mine it normally.

TL;DR mining obsidian is dull, block dispensers are fairly had to get, and natural obsidian is easier mined by hand.

Just my two cents. it's my opinion, and doesn't speak for other users of the mod.
This. BDs are hard to get, and the hassle involved in using them for mining isn't worth it for the minor benefits.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

LoL, sirsly going to nether without diamond is hard?
Spoiler
Show
You just need 2 buckets of water (to make an infinite water source, if there isn't around), a lot of dirt (or anything that's not inflamable)
you just search a lava pool on the surface (or dig down for lava, wich you can bring up then, or build your portal down ther (in this case the portal in the nether will also will be on a lower level)), build the pattern of the portal from dirt or whatever, and start placeing lava, water, water back, again lava, water, water back, till you build the portal.
be careful, always leave a hole to put the water in
(dirt=d, lava=L, water=w, air=a)
d w d
d L d
if you like this
a w a
d L d
it could ruin the whole thing (mainly on the surface), cuz the water flows out, and turns the lava pool into obsidian, preventing you from getting any more lava
Edit: nothing like I think that nobody could figure this out...
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

CheGiuAn wrote:LoL, sirsly going to nether without diamond is hard?
Spoiler
Show
You just need 2 buckets of water (to make an infinite water source, if there isn't around), a lot of dirt (or anything that's not inflamable)
you just search a lava pool on the surface (or dig down for lava, wich you can bring up then, or build your portal down ther (in this case the portal in the nether will also will be on a lower level)), build the pattern of the portal from dirt or whatever, and start placeing lava, water, water back, again lava, water, water back, till you build the portal.
be careful, always leave a hole to put the water in
(dirt=d, lava=L, water=w, air=a)
d w d
d L d
if you like this
a w a
d L d
it could ruin the whole thing (mainly on the surface), cuz the water flows out, and turns the lava pool into obsidian, preventing you from getting any more lava
Edit: nothing like I think that nobody could figure this out...
they mean that you build the obsidian in a form... makes no sense... Place lava source block and cover in water (creates obsidian) then pick up water. continue process in shape of a portal, thus no need to actually mine obsidian, you create the obsidian on site!! *hopes it makes sense >_<'
Magical Shit
Show
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

well, I can't make a video, I'm still at lvl1 with these kind of things, but maybe I can take some pics for those who don't understad?
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

CheGiuAn wrote:well, I can't make a video, I'm still at lvl1 with these kind of things, but maybe I can take some pics for those who don't understad?
if you think it would help then yeah!... GO for it. Make a New topic that says how to get to the nether on the first day (need iron for buckets, and need lava...etc with pics!!)
Magical Shit
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locking thread. You guys now have an entire subforum for your ideas, and should create separate topics for each.