So I beat Minecraft.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Fracture

So I beat Minecraft.

Post by Fracture »

I stared at my screen for a few minutes, then stood up. I sat down again. I closed my laptop, sat there, and thought for about twenty minutes.

I expect this from some games, but not Minecraft.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Stormweaver

Re: So I beat Minecraft.

Post by Stormweaver »

I know the feeling.

It's like beating lego. It just...doesn't.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

That's what happens to me when I play vanilla. Actually what motivated me to try mods.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm confused, I read the OP as meaning it's a good thing?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
weylin

Post by weylin »

It either touched them in a very profound emotional way, or they were so disgusted and distressed that they had to allow their blood pressure to fall to a safe level.

I'm not sure which
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote:I stared at my screen for a few minutes, then stood up. I sat down again. I closed my laptop, sat there, and thought for about twenty minutes.

Did the pseudo-intellectual rambling actually cause an existential crisis, or just induce a fit of facepalm?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

BinoAl wrote:
Fracture wrote:I stared at my screen for a few minutes, then stood up. I sat down again. I closed my laptop, sat there, and thought for about twenty minutes.

Did the pseudo-intellectual rambling actually cause an existential crisis, or just induce a fit of facepalm?
Not an existential crisis, no, but made me stop to think for a while. I'd honestly never considered the dream perspective much, and suddenly I felt I had to think it through, and did.

No, guys, it wasn't the fact that I'd beaten the game, it was the conversation the game had with itself that followed.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote:
BinoAl wrote:

Not an existential crisis, no, but made me stop to think for a while. I'd honestly never considered the dream perspective much, and suddenly I felt I had to think it through, and did.

No, guys, it wasn't the fact that I'd beaten the game, it was the conversation the game had with itself that followed.
I was disappointed with it. It really felt like it cheapened the game a bit. Not JUST the end text, but the fact that the game is now beatable. The text was just the cherry on top of the sundae of suck.
weylin

Post by weylin »

don't worry guys, it's just something there for the people who need a set objective, and aren't very good at creating their own.

Some prefer to build for the sake of building, others may want to try and achieve a goal.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

BinoAl wrote: I was disappointed with it. It really felt like it cheapened the game a bit. Not JUST the end text, but the fact that the game is now beatable. The text was just the cherry on top of the sundae of suck.
Liked the text, not so much that the game is beatable.