BTW Picture thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Riveter

Re: BTW Picture thread

Post by Riveter »

BrushEnthusiast wrote:
Riveter wrote:I'm getting back into Minecraft after a few months away. First thing I did was update BTW and get to building a 1.0.0 world. Got off to a pretty good start, squealed like a school girl when I saw the addition of pillars to BTW. I'm trying to keep to a small area, so I've had to strip and re-build the same area a few times. As soon as I get more leather I'll get the animal farming automated. Loving all of the additions to BTW, there's so much new stuff!
Spoiler
Show
Hey, I'm about to start a new map and I've been looking for a seaside, forest-side, mountain-side, pretty map like yours.
If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could give me the seed and coordinates? Also, have you found any wolves?
Thank you!
Seed is Resistance

Wolves! When I started there were 20-30 wolves all around me, and nothing else! I had to do a bit of exploring to find cows/pigs/sheep.
BrushEnthusiast

Post by BrushEnthusiast »

Riveter wrote:
BrushEnthusiast wrote:
Riveter wrote:I'm getting back into Minecraft after a few months away. First thing I did was update BTW and get to building a 1.0.0 world. Got off to a pretty good start, squealed like a school girl when I saw the addition of pillars to BTW. I'm trying to keep to a small area, so I've had to strip and re-build the same area a few times. As soon as I get more leather I'll get the animal farming automated. Loving all of the additions to BTW, there's so much new stuff!
Spoiler
Show
Hey, I'm about to start a new map and I've been looking for a seaside, forest-side, mountain-side, pretty map like yours.
If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could give me the seed and coordinates? Also, have you found any wolves?
Thank you!
Seed is Resistance

Wolves! When I started there were 20-30 wolves all around me, and nothing else! I had to do a bit of exploring to find cows/pigs/sheep.

Thank you very much!
ziggylol

Post by ziggylol »

hmmm everyone's buildings are better than my castle and my non-cheat world :( feel said now
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I think it's time for some more BTW lovin'

Since my last post, here's the current East and West sides of my base. Again, the yard is full of temporary constructions. Lots of little refinements to the base cosmetics. Also, the cobble stone monstrocity is my breeding tower prototype. Now that I have the wheat farm figured out I'm just laying out my floor configurations and seeing if I want to go underground with it (probably will).
Spoiler
Show
East side of main base.

West side of main base. Auto-farms on the left, storage and cookery on the right.
Additionally, I finished the XP farm. The main building houses the library on the first floor and in the basement is my apothecary and XP farm (zombie spawner). I decided not to add the glue factory. No point as you'll soon see.
Spoiler
Show
Top floor of the XP base.

Library in the XP base. Notice that it has 3 configurable states. Max books, half books, and zero books.

The apothecary.
And the last major update to the main base is the cookery. I wanted to house all my cooking goodness in one place. I was going to place the kiln here as well, but honestly, the kiln should go with the pottery room, not with my cooking. I tried to get the bellows to be controlled via the buddy block system as it's nice and compact. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with a on/off switch. It would turn off fine, but I kept having to go in the basement and reset the redstone to turn it back on.
Spoiler
Show
Entrance to cookery from main hall of main base.

Crucibles and Couldrons on one side...

...and furnaces on the other.

Basement of cookery containing the bellows and hibachis.

Behind the bellows room is the power transfer room with switch controls.

And lastly, the wheel house for the cookery. I opted for a seperate water wheel to power cookery instead of running gear boxes some 50 blocks.
That's it for now :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the cookery is all wood half slabs so that they don't catch on fire. I tried to build a similar room before using wood for the floor and ceiling. Didn't turn out well.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I finished my auto-breeder so it's time for another picture collage. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. Though it's nowhere near as complex as what Battosay has been showing in his LP.

It's divided into 3 main floors with an additional half floor for the wheat farm wiring. All floors have access doors to the inner workings. I like to actually build rooms and polish 'em out. Not just stick my wiring in a hollowed out hole.

Without further adieu, my take on the breeding farm...

First, the outside. I was originally going to do the whole thing above ground, but as I was scaffolding the structure it became WAY to overbearing to the rest of my base. Now only the wheat farm is above ground.

Main entrace. The stairs leading up are to the wheat farm. The stairs leading down are to breeding and collection rooms.
The water wheel behind the building is the power plant for the whole thing. Was fun running all the mechanical lines.
Spoiler
Show
First floor (and half floor below it), the wheat farm. I did a double farm to help keep up with both pigs and cows. Two DBs, one detects wheat growth, one detects water flow. Pistons control harvest water. Hoppers collect all the seeds. I opted not to put in an auto-refiller. Thing was big and complex enough already as can be seen in the wiring floor. This is the only part of the breeder that required a dedicated floor to fit the wiring.

The system detects wheat, releases the water on Turntable-BD timer, waits for the water to stop flowing, and then plants the next batch.
Spoiler
Show
Second floor, the breeding chambers. These are fairly simple. A reed clock triggers a monostable circuit that causes the dispensors to eject 1 wheat. I tried doing a multi-pulse system since I have 4 cows and 4 pigs, but it was proving to complex to be worth it. Instead I detect the first growth on the reed so there's a little overlap between the breeding pairs.

The babies fall down the pit between the pairs to the maturation canal. I played around with this quite a bit. Finally found one that works "well enough". Essentially I have a maturation areas that's 2X2 with a 1 high wall.

You can't have any water touching the dividing wall and you need the dividing wall to be 2 spaces away from the water. If water touches then babies can get over (half slab or stairs on top don't work). If there's less than 2 spaces of air between the water and wall then the mobs won't jump.

I placed water 2 spaces above the dividing wall to help the animals over and into the kill stream. Two saws do their business quite effectively.

Also notice the mechanical lines leading to the saws and hoppers for the collection room.
Spoiler
Show
Third floor, the collection room. The ceiling is glass for the maturation canals so I can watch what's going on and spot problems, if their are any. Other then that, hoppers feed into a collection chest with plenty of additional storage scattered about.

The door in the back leads to the mechanical maintenance room, guarded by a companion cube ofcourse :)

Oh, and there's a bed for speeding through collection with the Somnia mod.
Spoiler
Show
This whole project has been, by far, the most time consuming and complex project I've taken on in BTW or Minecraft. It makes a multi-floor elevator seems simple by comparison. I'm going to be looking forward to a nice simple mill for my auto-hemp farms next.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Robilar wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Edit: Fixed some pictures being super tiny for some reason.
The day BTW goes SMP, I suspect there's going to be a fair amount of this going on.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

My base is looking beautiful :D
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Dung Farm!! I call it the toilet. (It's lit up a bit for more visible pics.)
Spoiler
Show
Image The feeding room, it's not automated yet.
Spoiler
Show
Image The output. It has a hopper there now, still working on improving a bit.
Spoiler
Show
Image The viewing room. 20 hardworking wolves are visible, the water is all drained to the hole in the center, whic drains to the output. Getting excellent results with this.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
ziggylol

Post by ziggylol »

Ribky wrote:Dung Farm!! I call it the toilet. (It's lit up a bit for more visible pics.)
Spoiler
Show
Image The feeding room, it's not automated yet.
Spoiler
Show
Image The output. It has a hopper there now, still working on improving a bit.
Spoiler
Show
Image The viewing room. 20 hardworking wolves are visible, the water is all drained to the hole in the center, whic drains to the output. Getting excellent results with this.

nice,

i havnt playing minecraft in almost a week, playing skyrim and anno2070 :)
excius

Post by excius »

Ribky wrote:Dung Farm!! I call it the toilet.
I noticed you didnt use any automation? You doing that on purpose?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

excius wrote:
Ribky wrote:Dung Farm!! I call it the toilet.
I noticed you didnt use any automation? You doing that on purpose?
Really, the only thing he didn't automate was feeding. The collection is automatic.
excius

Post by excius »

My dung farm feeding.
Spoiler
Show
The setup is used for 12 wolves. Item dispenser will shoot out meat on the wolfs below. Using a decay timer it will dispense meat every 5 minutes.
Still debating if i will upgrade the timer to a bioclock, but for now this works like a charm.

Dung will drop in the water and go trough canals to a hopper. Eventually i'll be using buildcraft pipes to move the dung up to my base.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Naw, not really on purpose, just started this world the other day for BTB, haven't gotten to the point I can start automation for feeding yet.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Schmitty

Post by Schmitty »

Jay42 wrote:My base is looking beautiful :D
Spoiler
Show
HOW DID YOU GET THE WATER SHADER TO WORK WITH BTW!

I've been trying for so long to find a solution to that, and now I see this. TELL ME PLEASE!

Also Mr_Hosed, where did you find that lovely Pillar texture? I must have it!
Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, Come marching home
Brave soldier boy, Comes marching home
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

@Shmitty, search for the thread that gives Jolicraft support for BTW on this forum. It's part of that texture patch.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Mr_Hosed wrote:@Shmitty, search for the thread that gives Jolicraft support for BTW on this forum. It's part of that texture patch.
Or just click the link below this post :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Schmitty wrote:
Jay42 wrote:My base is looking beautiful :D
Spoiler
Show
HOW DID YOU GET THE WATER SHADER TO WORK WITH BTW!

I've been trying for so long to find a solution to that, and now I see this. TELL ME PLEASE!
Since BTW no longer requires the forge, it is pretty much compatible with the modloader version of water shader. I installed them and it worked, even though both contain an acr.class. I tested everything I could think of for bugs, but so far the only thing i noticed is a very minor graphical glitch with hemp. But don't blame me if it crashes at some point.

And by the way, I'm making progress. Forging steel in my basement, woo! Still no automation, though.
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Schmitty

Post by Schmitty »

Well I think it's time I post one of my BTW creations, so here is my Automated Mossy Stone Farm.
Spoiler
Show
This first image is of the initial set up. In total this used 8 pistons, 7 regular and one sticky, 18 Block Dispensers, 5 Redstone Torches, 32 repeaters and maybe 2 stacks of wire. Not the most cost effective design I know, but it's the first automated design I've made. In case you haven't noticed, this was inspired by Battosay.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372002.png

So here is the start of the whole thing, a simple pulser using a torch, some repeaters and a piston.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372294.png

This is first hooked up to a dispenser timer, with 12 slots taken up. I got the dispenser idea from watching Battosay's LP videos.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372362.png

This is then hooked up to 3 dispenser timers, with 15 slots taken up.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372469.png
The reason I chose to do it like this was so the Moss stone had as much time as possible to grow.

The first dispenser timer on the left is connected to 7 pistons, which push the stone towards some block dispensers.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372587.png
In this section there are a total of 10 repeaters. The repeaters you see in the picture are set to a 1 tick delay, but before that the signal passes through 3 repeaters. 2 set to a 4 tick delay, and the other a 3 tick delay.

The dispenser timer on the right is connected to the collecting dispensers.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372710.png
The repeaters in the picture are set to 1 tick delay, and the signal passes through a repeater with a 1 tick delay before reaching the dispensers. I know I could have just set the repeaters in the picture to a 2 tick delay, but I needed the other repeater to lengthen the signal.

And finally, these are the dispensers that dispense cobble at the back of the line.
http://storage.darkdemon.org/13226/1326372854.png
The repeaters in the picture are set to a 4 tick delay, and the signal passes through 4 repeaters all set to a 4 tick delay.
If you haven't already figured it out by now, when the dispener timers have completed their cycle, the collecting dispenser suck up the first row of blocks. the pistons then push the entire floor of cobble forward, and the dispensers at the back of the line dispense a new line of cobble.

I know it's not the most effective and cost efficient design, but this is my first design where I needed no tutorials to build it. Although as you can already tell it was heavily inspired by Battosay.

I hope you like it. :)
Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, Come marching home
Brave soldier boy, Comes marching home
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Spoiler
Show
I've gotten back to playing minecraft, thanks to my new mod, TTWTTTTT!

This is my third do-over, since I kept dying in a place I couldn't find again. This time I've set up camp near my spawn, and this is what I've done so far. I'm currently in the "workbench tier".
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I really wish I had more time to play lately. Since my swampy swampy cave was starting to tire me (so much green >.>) I'm starting a new project to get the creative juices going.
Spoiler
Show
Yes, it's a 40x40 cross. Yes, the ropes and cobble platform imply this is going to be quite tall. Hopefully by this time next week, It'll be 'done' and...well, you'll see.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Well this started out as a small island but then i started playing with a cobblestone generator for the first time.... and this is what has happened so far
Spoiler
Show
The goal is to build one massive factory to house the different automations housed within. This first wing i have so far houses the earlier mentioned cobblestone generator, a small kiln cauldron crucible room, chicken proccesing room, and a milled hemp room
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

So...yeah. I love paint.net. Without it...this would have made my head explode trying to get the measurements right.
Spoiler
Show
And that's it at 25% of it's final height. Thank god for crucibles.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Stormweaver wrote:So...yeah. I love paint.net. Without it...this would have made my head explode trying to get the measurements right.
Spoiler
Show
Pretty, but what is it? other then a large double helix.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:So...yeah. I love paint.net. Without it...this would have made my head explode trying to get the measurements right.
Spoiler
Show
Pretty, but what is it? other then a large double helix.
I figured the nether is going to be quite important quite soon, so this is going to be my base of operations. the platform at the top is a blaze spawner, and every 9 blocks going up the walls flatten and will have bridges leading to other, simpler but more functional buildings.

Basically, I wanted to build something big. And twisted ^.^
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

I tend to struggle a lot with pictures on forums (and I am somewhat ashamed of the looks right now) but finally finished my first (semi) auto pottery factory. I had done an auto-turntable and auto-kiln before, but managed after hours of work and tons of materials to make a "big and twisted" combination. Anyhow, as much as I like some of the designs I have seen, there is something satisfying about making your own design work. Even when it is inferior...

A point to remember (for me at least):
When building/digging out an area for an automation, make it twice as big as I think I need, and still make sure I have room to expand more. Doesn't even help to plan it out on paper first, because it never works the first time. I think I burnt up a dozen hoppers before I (hopefully) solved that problem.

Watching Battosay's videos has been a huge inspiration to me, and some of my devices are just copies of his. Still, making them has helped me learn how things work. Like to thank both Battosay and FlowerChild (and a lot of the others) for the fun I have had with this mod. Playing a world now that I share with my son, and BTW has certainly given new life to the game for both of us.

Anyhow, a rough description is HUGE, UGLY, but so far seems to work. Like probably 20x20x20 huge. Have to manually load (though there MAY be room to later add a clay ball recovery) and adjust for which type of pottery. Still, only have to change one turntable setting for going from urns to planters and that is the main thing I am likely to produce in bulk. Single water source over a hopper with a ladder to separate clay balls out, to another hopper over a BD for the unfired pottery and also washes completed pottery out of the kiln to a cauldron. Ball recovery hopper is powered and empties into a double chest. As huge as it is, it still seems pretty cramped if I have to check out or fix anything though...

Edit: Failsafe seems to work too, had one urn not bake while typing that, and it didn't jam up the system like the old one did.