I'm Getting Better With Redstone!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
VonGod

I'm Getting Better With Redstone!

Post by VonGod »

I'm, just going to change up the topic here, and recycle my thread. 'Cause I'm a pro, like that.

Anyway. I wanted to discuss redstone and the evolution between you, MC, and your brain.

I personally have taken Minecraft really slowly. When I want to understand something well, I take my time.
I've only gotten to the redstone stage of Minecraft as of the last couple months. Which I can also say for BTW.

When I started the game I played legitimately, not really understanding anything but vMC. Then I understood servers, and used server tools to create [like creative mode], and then found out how to use mods [and used TMI]. I moved back into legitimacy.

With redstone I've now figured out Xor [or Xnor], and T Flip-Flop.
I'm really loving the challenge of creating things, and then making them more compact, or making them on a large scale.
Though, I can say I get frustrated when things do go the way I want. [Ex. Trying to re-create Jeb's door, took forever...]

And on that note, all I can say is discuss, I suppose.

The above. Your experiences with redstone, experiences with co-op redtone machines [building with someone], large contraptions, self moving machines, etc.

-------------

BTW can be included, but is not the main discussion here.
Last edited by VonGod on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senjai

Re: Off topic section with no rules.

Post by Senjai »

Id say its free to talk about whatever you want. Probably won't want to break the rules of the internet. Which means no racism, politics or religion. You should be fine.

Obviously, don't be a bigot, stupid, or illiterate. I can't be sure but I have a very good guess that these traits won't be tolerated <3. :)
The person who risks nothing, Does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing. They may avoid suffering and sorrow,
But they cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, live.
Only the person who risks can be free
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

Senjai wrote:Id say its free to talk about whatever you want. Probably won't want to break the rules of the internet. Which means no racism, politics or religion. You should be fine.

Obviously, don't be a bigot, stupid, or illiterate. I can't be sure but I have a very good guess that these traits won't be tolerated <3. :)
I was more wondering if there was anything specific to this forum, more-so than general.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Well, we can discuss the new BTW turntable! Oh wait... wrong topic. :)

As long as you follow the rules (of the forum and of common courtesy) and put BTW discussions in the BTW threads, discuss whatever.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

cheechako wrote:Well, we can discuss the new BTW turntable! Oh wait... wrong topic. :)

As long as you follow the rules (of the forum and of common courtesy) and put BTW discussions in the BTW threads, discuss whatever.
Welp, thanks. Recycled my thread. o wo
HavokSCOUT

Re: I'm Getting Better With Redstone!

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I made a kick-ass drawbridge using a t flip flop so that you could walk along pressure plates at either end and the drawbridge would go down and up. Since it was also on an SMP server, I added a little switch that if it were turned on, would retract the drawbridge while someone was walking on it.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

HavokSCOUT wrote:I made a kick-ass drawbridge using a t flip flop so that you could walk along pressure plates at either end and the drawbridge would go down and up. Since it was also on an SMP server, I added a little switch that if it were turned on, would retract the drawbridge while someone was walking on it.
That's pretty amazing.
I want to make a retractable drawbridge someday. Sounds handy.

While in single player, I figured out how to trap a person, and then crush them soon after. It used pistons and lots of gravel~
:3
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I just finished a combo lock if you want to check out the world:http://www.mediafire.com/?w5k768vkd7k4vjj
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!