Battosay Hemp Farm Wiring Help needed.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
emmasteadman

Battosay Hemp Farm Wiring Help needed.

Post by emmasteadman »

Hey Peeps,

I've been following the tutorial on youtube for Battosay's Hemp Farm......but I can't get the wiring right.
I connected the dispensers and detectors together and used an inverter plus a redstone torch on a block as shown in video.
But the dispensers don't turn off when detector is activated, nor affect a block when it is placed in front.

I'm terrible at redstone wiring.

Can anyone assist?....perhaps with basic pics or another easier to follow wiring for the hemp farm?

Thanks

Emma
Battosay

Re: Battosay Hemp Farm Wiring Help needed.

Post by Battosay »

Can you post some pics of your setup ? otherwise it's hard to tell you what's wrong :)
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

try thispost with my farm in it , its a simpler wiring setup using a minecraft wiki monostable_circuit.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Battosay wrote:Can you post some pics of your setup ? otherwise it's hard to tell you what's wrong :)

Sure thanks. http://img692.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... 231615.jpg

Not really sure how to have block dispensers powered separately from the detectors and still interact?

Thanks for the assist.

Emma

p.s. ignore the missing part of the wire in 3rd pic, I am aware of it while I am making and breaking links during failed tests.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

the_fodder wrote:try thispost with my farm in it , its a simpler wiring setup using a minecraft wiki monostable_circuit.
Tried your setup also using just 4 blocks, but when detector is active ( ihave block in front for testing in pic) the redstone wiring leading to the pistons, do not turn on and remain inactive.

the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

The setup looks right do you have the repeater set to the last setting (looks to be pointing the right direction) I cant tell from this angle?

Also is that a block dispenser that is providing power? What does the redstone look like when you have no power?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Hmm.. maybe set your delayer to 2, or 4 ?
Or put a delayer directly behind the detector, set at 2 ?
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

the_fodder wrote:The setup looks right do you have the repeater set to the last setting (looks to be pointing the right direction) I cant tell from this angle?

Also is that a block dispenser that is providing power? What does the redstone look like when you have no power?
Its a detector that is providing power (lighter red colour wiring) I currently have a block in front of it for testing purposes, I'm also trying pistons instead of dispensers, so that i can see it working...after i have the wiring right I can then decide which to use. The top part of the picture shows the wiring leading to the pistons,(darker red) which should be on, but does not activate. :/
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

With a setup like that, you should only have a small pulse, activating briefly the pistons. Try to add some delay on the repeater ?
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I am also saying there is no(not enough) delay in the repeater.

what does it look like when it is not turned on? What states are the redstone torches in?
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

I finally figured it out. I started from scratch, working with just one detector and one dispenser until I had it right. Seems to be working now.

Thanks for the responses. :)

Emma