Axles give too many hemp fibers when broken

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
DeMorgan

Axles give too many hemp fibers when broken

Post by DeMorgan »

I'm posting this almost reluctantly, as I have exploited this a tiny bit while I'm in between hemp farms, but when axles break (as a result of being placed more than three in a row) they seem to drop 10 hemp fibers rather than the 6 that go into making them. I'm still using 2.64 because I'm lazy, but I didn't see this bug on the forums or listed in the 2.66 changelog, so I'd warrant a guess that it's still in there.

FlowerChild, this is an incredible mod. You seem to have made all the right decisions about what to do with it, and even though I'm not creative enough to fully utilize it, I can't wait to see what you add. Thanks!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Axles give too many hemp fibers when broken

Post by FlowerChild »

DeMorgan wrote:I'm posting this almost reluctantly, as I have exploited this a tiny bit while I'm in between hemp farms, but when axles break (as a result of being placed more than three in a row) they seem to drop 10 hemp fibers rather than the 6 that go into making them. I'm still using 2.64 because I'm lazy, but I didn't see this bug on the forums or listed in the 2.66 changelog, so I'd warrant a guess that it's still in there.

FlowerChild, this is an incredible mod. You seem to have made all the right decisions about what to do with it, and even though I'm not creative enough to fully utilize it, I can't wait to see what you add. Thanks!
You're welcome man :)

How exactly are you breaking the axles (beyond having more than 3 in a row)? I just tested it out myself and they only drop 5 hemp fibers when I do it (like it's supposed to), so if this is really what's happening to you, I think there must be a specific case somewhere in the code that is actually breaking a single axle twice.
DeMorgan

Post by DeMorgan »

You must be right about it being a specific case, because I tried it again and got 5 fibers. But I knew I wasn't crazy, so I recreated the exact conditions. It happens when the three functioning axles are coming from the top of the gearbox, and the side from which the gearbox gets power doesn't seem to affect it
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

So you're saying the 3 powered axles are going downwards into the input of a gear box correct?
DeMorgan

Post by DeMorgan »

Yes, and when I place an axle on top of them it breaks (as it should) and drops 2 wooden planks and 10 hemp fibers
DeMorgan

Post by DeMorgan »

WAIT, no. The axles are going downwards into the OUTPUT of the gearbox
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DeMorgan wrote:WAIT, no. The axles are going downwards into the OUTPUT of the gearbox
Cool, gotcha. Will test that out, and it just made me realize I need to also change the wood blocks dropped when it breaks since the axle can now be made with moulding :)
DeMorgan

Post by DeMorgan »

FlowerChild wrote:Cool, gotcha. Will test that out, and it just made me realize I need to also change the wood blocks dropped when it breaks since the axle can now be made with moulding :)
Ahh, true, I suppose I could generate supplies that way too. If I had updated to 2.66 :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just tried what you said several times, and I always get 5 hemp fibers, so I'm unable to reproduce this bug.

However, I put a fail-safe into the code to make sure that the same axle can not possibly break twice (which is the only explanation I can think of for your reported problem). I searched through the code to make sure there where no circumstances under which this could happen to begin with, but regardless, let me know if you still run into this once I release the next version of the mod.

Going to close this thread for now though, as there's nothing further I can reasonably do about this for the time being without being able to reproduce the bug myself.