The End of Minecraft

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
SPACEDUDE360000

The End of Minecraft

Post by SPACEDUDE360000 »

In Minecraft 1.9 Pre-release 6 there is now an end of the game. I killed the dragon and just read the story and the credits. It somehow seems sad now that there is an end to Minecraft, almost like its over. Just feels weird...
Why do something if you can get someone else to do it for you?
jorgebonafe

Re: The End of Minecraft

Post by jorgebonafe »

SPACEDUDE360000 wrote:In Minecraft 1.9 Pre-release 6 there is now an end of the game. I killed the dragon and just read the story and the credits. It somehow seems sad now that there is an end to Minecraft, almost like its over. Just feels weird...
Don't worry. Before you know there will be a mod that allows you to keep playing after you kill the dragon.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
SPACEDUDE360000

You can still play after you kill the dragon.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Really? Then can you really call it an end? :P
SPACEDUDE360000

jorgebonafe wrote:Really? Then can you really call it an end? :P
lol...

Well hopefully Notch gets the modding api out soon. That would be pretty cool.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SPACEDUDE360000 wrote: Well hopefully Notch gets the modding api out soon. That would be pretty cool.
The mod API makes no difference whatsoever.
SPACEDUDE360000

FlowerChild wrote:
SPACEDUDE360000 wrote: Well hopefully Notch gets the modding api out soon. That would be pretty cool.
The mod API makes no difference whatsoever.
Theoretically wouldn't it make it so all mods could be compatible? and also so it doesn't break them on new updates?
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Theoretically it should, only the so called "modding API" is just the entire minecraft code, unobfuscated.

"\_O.o_/"
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

If you want to read the ending story, check that :

I have to say I really like it :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SPACEDUDE360000 wrote: Theoretically wouldn't it make it so all mods could be compatible? and also so it doesn't break them on new updates?
That would certainly be nice, but it has nothing to do with what Notch has announced for the mod API.

It's not a magic bullet. Most people probably won't even notice the difference before and after its release. It will make things *slightly* more convenient for modders (not for players) in that we won't need MCP anymore, but that's it. This is balanced however by the fact that initially, I'm likely to have to do a MASSIVE refactoring of my code to convert it from MCP to the mod API which will probably take the mod out of commission for a good long while.

There's a lot of wild speculation floating around about what amazing properties the mod API will have, but most of that is just utter rubbish perpetuated by people that don't understand what it actually is.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Is it me or would it be smarter at this point for Mojang to declare that MCP is the official mod API, give them some money and support and call it done?
Better is the enemy of Good
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

More randome speculation. If i rember correcty when there were testing the API a while back MCP got a hold of it. Then they changed the function names to the correct ones . meaning that the convershion should be smoth between MCP and VMC API ( not the real name of it )
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

DaveYanakov wrote:Is it me or would it be smarter at this point for Mojang to declare that MCP is the official mod API, give them some money and support and call it done?
Considering mojang's track record you'd be right. Though getting more block Id's would be nice.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

If your computer can handle it, an addon to the cubic chunks mod gives you up to 4096 block IDs. I have to go to bed, so if you want it, use google.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

So...Run around the world, explore a huge dungeon, visit hell for supplies, kill a few endermen, go to some weird desert and kill a dragon. Then get told you've spent too long playing minecraft.

Sounds about right.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
SPACEDUDE360000

Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
SPACEDUDE360000 wrote: Theoretically wouldn't it make it so all mods could be compatible? and also so it doesn't break them on new updates?
That would certainly be nice, but it has nothing to do with what Notch has announced for the mod API.

It's not a magic bullet. Most people probably won't even notice the difference before and after its release. It will make things *slightly* more convenient for modders (not for players) in that we won't need MCP anymore, but that's it. This is balanced however by the fact that initially, I'm likely to have to do a MASSIVE refactoring of my code to convert it from MCP to the mod API which will probably take the mod out of commission for a good long while.

There's a lot of wild speculation floating around about what amazing properties the mod API will have, but most of that is just utter rubbish perpetuated by people that don't understand what it actually is.
-_- So it's not really an API? It's just a little bit of convenient code changing the unobfuscated code? Oh...

I was expecting something more like the Forge API.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

SPACEDUDE360000 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:

-_- So it's not really an API? It's just a little bit of convenient code changing the unobfuscated code? Oh...

I was expecting something more like the Forge API.
Even if it *was* an API like forge, you'd still need another API for most mods anyway since there's no way in hell that the mojang team would fit in every last hook needed. It would be nice if they absorbed modloader into the main game though, that'd save some work (since almost everything depends on it anyway).
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

pi4t wrote:If your computer can handle it, an addon to the cubic chunks mod gives you up to 4096 block IDs. I have to go to bed, so if you want it, use google.
That fine for creative mod but what about survival? there's allot that needs to be done for that.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I just watched the story and.... I love it. These are probably ideas that goes on everyone's minds now and then. I know I have thought about that. Very well written.
SPACEDUDE360000

jorgebonafe wrote:I just watched the story and.... I love it. These are probably ideas that goes on everyone's minds now and then. I know I have thought about that. Very well written.
Yes, the story is pretty amazing.
Hopefully it all wraps up nicely at Minecon.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I really liked that ending.

Totally different from how I would have done it, but maybe that's a good thing. I kinda like this better.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

This story is just so amazing. Words can't describe how I feel right now. It's so trippy on one spectrum, and yet, realistic on another.

EDIT: I think the best part of the credits is Lydia by far. I mean, how many companies have Directors of Fun?

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Kind of amazed so many people like it. o_O I thought it was boring and pretentious.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Miss_Kat wrote:Kind of amazed so many people like it. o_O I thought it was boring and pretentious.
Yeah, the most it will get out of me is "meh".