Risugami's Recipe Book Support Idea

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
RaustBlackDragon

Risugami's Recipe Book Support Idea

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Why not make "fake recipes" for each of the non-workbench recipes in your mod?

What I mean to say is, you would add some items to the game that are unobtainable, such as one called a "put these in the cauldron" or a "do this on an anvil" or a "full turn of the turntable" or a "put these in the crucible", so on. then make workbench recipes that use the ingredients plus one of these fake items.

Basically, since nobody can get these items, they wouldn't be able to craft these things in the workbench this way.

...BUT... It would mean that all of the recipes in the entire mod would be listed with risugami's recipe book item!

What do you think?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
M!C

Re: Risugami's Recipe Book Support Idea

Post by M!C »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Why not make "fake recipes" for each of the non-workbench recipes in your mod?

What I mean to say is, you would add some items to the game that are unobtainable, such as one called a "put these in the cauldron" or a "do this on an anvil" or a "full turn of the turntable" or a "put these in the crucible", so on. then make workbench recipes that use the ingredients plus one of these fake items.

Basically, since nobody can get these items, they wouldn't be able to craft these things in the workbench this way.

...BUT... It would mean that all of the recipes in the entire mod would be listed with risugami's recipe book item!

What do you think?
First I have to say that I don't dislike your idea in general but FC doesn't add stuff for interaction with other mods ... so that's probably a NO.
RaustBlackDragon

M!C wrote: First I have to say that I don't dislike your idea in general but FC doesn't add stuff for interaction with other mods ... so that's probably a NO.
Ah. See, I wouldn't really call the recipe book a "mod", more of a staple, handy in-game tool, so I figured this would be an exception. Am I mistaken?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
M!C

Post by M!C »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
M!C wrote: First I have to say that I don't dislike your idea in general but FC doesn't add stuff for interaction with other mods ... so that's probably a NO.
Ah. See, I wouldn't really call the recipe book a "mod", more of a staple, handy in-game tool, so I figured this would be an exception. Am I mistaken?
Anything modifying a file of the game is technically a mod ... if an exception can be made isn't for me to decide.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

well correct me if I'm wrong, but: If someone were to make a quick mod which 'adds' the fake items to the game, and 'adds' the recipes themselves, it could be done without modifying any of the BTW code, I think; beyond adding the new items, the recipe thing itself can already be done with zombe's modpack.

The only tricky bit, imo would be getting the recipes to show up in the right order. I'm not exactly sure how the recipe book allocates the order for each mod's recipes, but they'd just have to be done so they show up right before or right after the BTW stuff.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
RaustBlackDragon

Stormweaver wrote:well correct me if I'm wrong, but: If someone were to make a quick mod which 'adds' the fake items to the game, and 'adds' the recipes themselves, it could be done without modifying any of the BTW code, I think; beyond adding the new items, the recipe thing itself can already be done with zombe's modpack.

The only tricky bit, imo would be getting the recipes to show up in the right order. I'm not exactly sure how the recipe book allocates the order for each mod's recipes, but they'd just have to be done so they show up right before or right after the BTW stuff.
I think you're correct. Hell, I could make that mod myself in about an hour, but I think that defies flowerchild's strict copyright policy.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

As long as you do not use any of his class files, or make another download link (distributing his work) you should be fine to go.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I like this idea, if only because I use the last BtW version for 1.7.3, and it is hard to get info on how things worked back then (I'm forced to do cross-cheking with the changelog)

Of course this is not FC's job, but if someone tackles this he has my support as long as he doesn't violate FC's copyright of course.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

We have the recipe book on the forum:
http://adf.ly/552467/btwrecipelist
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

GabLann4 wrote:We have the recipe book on the forum:
http://adf.ly/552467/btwrecipelist
That's often out of date, and doesn't show all the recipes.

You'd be better linking to the wiki. Or liking to the page which has the ad.fly link, as directly putting the ad.fly link there will give the wrong idea.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

Stormweaver wrote: That's often out of date, and doesn't show all the recipes.

You'd be better linking to the wiki. Or liking to the page which has the ad.fly link, as directly putting the ad.fly link there will give the wrong idea.
Okay, thanks
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.